Mexico Ain't Winning A Gold Cup with a B/C Squad: Official Gold Cup Mega Thread(Please Sticky)

Who will win the 2017 Gold Cup?

• Costa Rica

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Panama

• El Salvador

• Honduras

• Curacao

• Martinque

• French Guiana

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
The only match I can attend is the first semifinal one which will be in DFW(Arlington) ..... and I probably won't go unless the US makes it.

edit: First set of group A matches are in DFW, but I have to work.

Last edited:

DStyles

Vegan
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY/Manchester,UK
New kits are clean as fukk, I wonder if this gold accented joint is coming.... Debating getting a shirt.

nike-usa-2017-gold-cup-kit-2.jpg
Mother fukkers gonna look like Barcelona's youth team out there :bryan:

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
They are gonna have home field throughout the entire tournament. I don't think they play a game outside of the Southwestern US.

Edit:

All of their games will be in the Chicano Valley(SW US), except for the second group phase game which is in Denver. Chicago has a heavy Mexican presence as well. In the knockout rounds, they'll be playing in Cali and Phoenix... as far as they make it.
CONCACAF prepping Mexico for a long run so they can squeeze as much money out of Mexicans as possible :wow:

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
Can't wait to see how these untested U.S. and Mexico squads do this tourney, I think it will show how close or far they are in their player development

I think the next generation, at least for the USSF, will tell the story.

In the case of Mexico, needless to say they will be technically sound. I don't think that have ever been a problem. The question will be is "will they play focused and precise?"

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
I think the next generation, at least for the USSF, will tell the story.

In the case of Mexico, needless to say they will be technically sound. I don't think that have ever been a problem. The question will be is "will they play focused and precise?"
I get so pissed cuz of the MX league Owners and their "Gentleman's Pact" that is severely deterring Mexico's player development,they care more about business then to allow the players to transfer to Europe to get that top flight experience, I feel the U.S. and Mexico need to find some kind of loophole around or with the Concacaf,to play in other regions more oftenly,shytting on Honduras,El Salvador and Guatemala is not gonna take you to the next level as fast as competing against the SA and Euro Teams

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
I get so pissed cuz of the MX league Owners and their "Gentleman's Pact" that is severely deterring Mexico's player development,they care more about business then to allow the players to transfer to Europe to get that top flight experience, I feel the U.S. and Mexico need to find some kind of loophole around or with the Concacaf,to play in other regions more oftenly,shytting on Honduras,El Salvador and Guatemala is not gonna take you to the next level as fast as competing against the SA and Euro Teams
Do you think Mexico and US would benefit from a CONCACAF COMNEBOL merger?

Mexico would play the South Americans more but they would never qualify to the World Cup :patrice:

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
Do you think Mexico and US would benefit from a CONCACAF COMNEBOL merger?

Mexico would play the South Americans more but they would never qualify to the World Cup :patrice:
If they merged, that would be one federation with now double the teams, you cant just send 4 teams to the WC, they would send 8 teams overall like before merger, so now it be double the groups fighting, but now diluted by shytty Central America teams :yeshrug: I like Mexico's chances of them winning 1 of the 8 groups they would land in

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
If they merged, that would be one federation with now double the teams, you cant just send 4 teams to the WC, they would send 8 teams overall like before merger, so now it be double the groups fighting, but now diluted by shytty Central America teams :yeshrug: I like Mexico's chances of them winning 1 of the 8 groups they would land in
Brazil
Argentina
Chile
Colombia
Uruguay
:patrice:
Paraguay
Ecuador
Peru:jbhmm:
Bolivia :pachaha:

Mexico will have a hard time IMO