Metroid Prime Remastered (February 8, 2023)

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
I can see why metroid prime 4 is taking forever…the thought/detail that goes into designing these levels is fukking crazy…just beat the first ghost chozo and started exploring the room after…shyt is sick

*edit*

just got the ice beam
shyt is incredible really. Especially because they make it so every upgrade you get makes it that much easier with the backtracking.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
shyt is incredible really. Especially because they make it so every upgrade you get makes it that much easier with the backtracking.

yeah the way prime is designed I feel like backtracking is way easier than it is in the 2D metroid games…I feel like boss fights are a whole lot easier too…all I gotta do is strafe

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
yeah the way prime is designed I feel like backtracking is way easier than it is in the 2D metroid games…I feel like boss fights are a whole lot easier too…all I gotta do is strafe
the updated controls def made the combat easier. the c stick was trash so you couldn’t use it to aim like you currently so.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
the hint system has been godsend…I didn’t realize it was a feature that can be turned on/off…thank goodness it was already on tho…cuz those incoming data messages be popping up whenever I’m stuck…they’re timely as hell
as someone who didnt play the original, how do you like it so far? The game was considered one of the best ever when it originally came out in 2002.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
it’s pretty good…I can easily see why some GOATed it back then
ya, it was a pretty big deal when it came out 2 decades ago
Fo3EQIJXwAYuTFM.jpg

I dont put much stock in critic scores:whoa: but it was one of the times I agreed with them. perfect blend of 3D FPS action mixed with Metroid exploration and puzzling. it was pretty unique for its time. prolly the 2nd biggest reason to get a Gamecube after Super Smash Bro. Melee.

Jammer22

All Star
Daps
ya, it was a pretty big deal when it came out 2 decades ago
Fo3EQIJXwAYuTFM.jpg

I dont put much stock in critic scores:whoa: but it was one of the times I agreed with them. perfect blend of 3D FPS action mixed with Metroid exploration and puzzling. it was pretty unique for its time. prolly the 2nd biggest reason to get a Gamecube after Super Smash Bro. Melee.
I personally always thought that the game was atmospheric and immersive as hell. I loved it. The scans were my favorite part of the game, especially the pirate scans and how much they hate the player or peeking into the structure and lives of the pirates themselves. Finding all the missiles was a pain in the ass though.

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
I'm at the final boss and I'm salty, missed on on 2 creature scans so I can't 100% the game. I also need 7 more missile upgrade and 1 more energy tank but imma just say fukk it and complete the game.

I'm thinking I should do my next playthrough on hard mode but Thardus was already a pain in the ass in normal mode, and one of the later bosses. We'll see.

My only issue with the game was backtracking, it takes a long fukking time to get from one end of Tallon IV to the other end. Upgrades help, but still... I wish there we were more convenient and faster ways, doesn't even have to be a fast travel but maybe a few elevators that wind back around. It's very consing to navigate when you have all the areas opened at times; like I want to go back to early Chozo Ruins or Phendrana from the mines and I'm like which way is more efficient... On the flip side, I'm trying to rush through thie game, modern games have made me more impatient. Keep in mind GameCube games weren't coming out that often so they stretched this game with content which is nice, nothing feels out of place.

As it stands though, I need Nintendo to drop Metroid Prime 2 remastered ASAP, they got me in my Metroid bag right now. Might have to subscribe to Nintendo online and play Metroid Fusion :whew:

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can’t make it past phazon mines level 2 bcuz of the lack of save points…I just watched a walkthrough tho for that part and I’m close tho

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As it stands though, I need Nintendo to drop Metroid Prime 2 remastered ASAP, they got me in my Metroid bag right now. Might have to subscribe to Nintendo online and play Metroid Fusion

rumor has been that they’re not remastering 2 and 3 but that they will drop them on nintendo online tho