Metroid Prime Remastered (February 8, 2023)

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
im playing on casual lol

I put 17 hours in on normal smh…just started over…hopefully it takes maybe about half the time to get back to where I was since I know where I’m going and won’t need to explore as much…I could probably finish the game in normal but it’s getting to be frustrating and not fun when I have to replay certain sections 3-4x to make progress

on an interesting note as I start over, the intro looks great on the large TV

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
I just realized I’m missing hella chozo artifacts. Damn near have all the suit and weapon upgrades too:what:
I was looking out for them while doing my playthrough, so by the time I got to the end I only had to search for 3. I remember my very first ever playthrough years ago I was in a similar situation.

I guess I'm gonna finish this today and do another playthrough for 100%, I don't think I want to do hard mode though.

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
91% complete, 21 hours and 45 minutes. Way better than my very first playthrough on the Wii where I had like 56% complete.

Great game, I'm replaying in hard mode but I feel like it's a mistake. There's some enemies that are a pain in the ass in normal and there's about 3 bosses that I had a lot of trouble with on normal difficulty.

tgu

Pro
Daps
Seeing this remake made me finally play this in the steam deck. I had it when it originally came out but never beat it. The only thing I don’t like is having to find all the artifacts

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
I don't have to scan everything again in new game+, I only have 3 scans left :blessed:

Hard mode is crazy, I've already almost died to regular enemies in the very first part of the game, before I even reached the parasite queen

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't have to scan everything again in new game+, I only have 3 scans left :blessed:

Hard mode is crazy, I've already almost died to regular enemies in the very first part of the game, before I even reached the parasite queen

as I replay this shyt, I’m so damn sick of scanning…that’s what takes up a majority of the time…especially that lab where you first encounter the space pirates and the metroids on your way to getting the “infrared” visor

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
as I replay this shyt, I’m so damn sick of scanning…that’s what takes up a majority of the time…especially that lab where you first encounter the space pirates and the metroids on your way to getting the “infrared” visor
Yeah the scanning is cool when it's novel and you don't have to rescan everything. Also when you're not in a rush. If I knew that the scanning doesn't reset on new game+ I woulda told you to keep going. I have to collect all the missiles, energy tanks and shyt again tho

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I just realized I’m missing hella chozo artifacts. Damn near have all the suit and weapon upgrades too:what:
18 hours in and I think I've only found 4 artifacts. They should have tied in the upgrades with finding the artifacts as well.

The back and forth between locations is rather tedious.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
18 hours in and I think I've only found 4 artifacts. They should have tied in the upgrades with finding the artifacts as well.

The back and forth between locations is rather tedious.
Yeah I just went to YouTube to look them shyts up I got them all now. I just need to find the last two energy tanks before I fight Mecha Ridley.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I put 17 hours in on normal smh…just started over…hopefully it takes maybe about half the time to get back to where I was since I know where I’m going and won’t need to explore as much…

took roughly 10 hours but at least I’m back and have already came across a new area and finally got the damn grappling beam