Metroid Dread

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I got it 3 days early and posted that I completed it in under 10 hours on thursday do the math you try hard retard fukk :russ:

I'm pretty certain that you used a guide or something to that effect if you 100% it that quickly for first run thru. Either that or some parts of your story are suspect.

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
I mean shyt, you might. You wouldn't be the first and stranger things have happened.

Or you could just be mistaken/hyperbolic.

I made a post complaining about people posting spoilers before it even realessed so using guides is a no no.

As stated I completed samus return the week before this dropped and I found that far more difficult.

People in here complaining about bosses being hard the attack patterns of all of them were simplistic as fukk outside of the under water one.

Games just not that good and no one will talk about it by the end of the month :yeshrug:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
it'll be intersting to see how it eventually stacks up to stuff like hollow knight, both ori's, and eventually silksong.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
it'll be intersting to see how it eventually stacks up to stuff like hollow knight, both ori's, and eventually silksong.

I didn’t realize ori was a metroidvania til just now…I never gave it a proper chance…need to play that next along with hollow knight which I didn’t start yet…downloaded it last week or so

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man, the bosses in this game are awful :hhh:

They take too much damage, shyt hurts my hand breh.

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

the bosses are hard if you’re a brainless shoot first knucklehead like I can be at times…but once I focus on dodging their attacks and establishing the patterns they become very manageable…the problem is I become too focused on hitting them as opposed to avoiding hits and letting the openings for my attacks come naturally

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I didn’t realize ori was a metroidvania til just now…I never gave it a proper chance…need to play that next along with hollow knight which I didn’t start yet…downloaded it last week or so

you got a lot of fun ahead of you, i still need to play Will of The Wisps

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

Yeah, Ori is an excellent Metroidvania. First game can be beaten within like 8-12 hours. 2nd game is more like 16-20, since they gave it sidequests and actually has boss fights.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Interesting that so many in this thread like Ori. The first game couldn't keep me engaged, I think I just didn't like the aesthetics and atmosphere. Metroid, Castlevania and Hollow Knight have this "hopeless" atmosphere I feel that just keeps me engaged and on my toes. That game was a bit too cutesy and Disney-like for me.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Interesting that so many in this thread like Ori. The first game couldn't keep me engaged, I think I just didn't like the aesthetics and atmosphere. Metroid, Castlevania and Hollow Knight have this "hopeless" atmosphere I feel that just keeps me engaged and on my toes. That game was a bit too cutesy and Disney-like for me.

ya I never dived into it bcuz of that…tried playing it twice and don’t even think I put more than an hour into it on each occasion…to be fair tho I didn’t really have that much time then to dedicate toward gaming so if it didn’t catch my attention off the bat, I’d bail on it