Metroboomin Leaks "Jumbotron Sh*t Poppin'" Reference Track Exposing Drake

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
shyt this one out you talking out of your ass :bryan:
Being a musician is a collaborative thing between many people. Its a fantasy to believe otherwise. There are plenty of songs where say Styles P and Jadakiss go back and forth rapping lines and I'm not devastated one of them rapping lyrics the other one wrote. I can separate my being entertained by a product with what happened behind the scenes to create it.

Some of yall just being naive as hell. My moms might not grow all the food required to make her signature mac and cheese but the end result is still her cooking. Drake is a product and even if Aubrey Graham is not writing all or any of his lyrics he's part of the creation of the artist Drake and that created product is a huge success. I'm not losing any sleep over him writing or not writing the lyrics of Lord Knows. Still a dope track I'll listen to.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Being a musician is a collaborative thing between many people. Its a fantasy to believe otherwise. There are plenty of songs where say Styles P and Jadakiss go back and forth rapping lines and I'm not devastated one of them rapping lyrics the other one wrote. I can separate my being entertained by a product with what happened behind the scenes to create it.

Some of yall just being naive as hell. My moms might not grow all the food required to make her signature mac and cheese but the end result is still her cooking. Drake is a product and even if Aubrey Graham is not writing all or any of his lyrics he's part of the creation of the artist Drake and that created product is a huge success. I'm not losing any sleep over him writing or not writing the lyrics of Lord Knows. Still a dope track I'll listen to.

Man...shut the fukk up:why:

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
And yall nikkas need to keep it 5000… Ya nikkas who was criticizing Kenny because he was talking too long to drop new shyt yet Drake consistently dropping new shyt that the streets want then yall want to be on that ghost writer shyt when y’all know the longer in between your album in hip hop folk start forgetting about you..

Ask yaself are folk really checkin for Jayz after that 4:44? And that was released in 2017 with Kendrick last joint up until his current Mr Morale… folk was putting heat on Kendrick to drop an album.. If you legit writing it’s going to take you years iim between albums… These so called rap fans not waiting any more..

Longest drake went between albums was 4 years between scorpion and CLB then after that was HNM which was released 9 months later in June then Her loss 3 months later then FATD a year later.. and that’s including the care package in 2020 and Dark lane demo tapes 2019…

Yall either want nikkas to drop every 5 years or yall want nikkas to drop every1-2 years, either why one artist is writing who’s dropping every 5 years and the other artist got writers who’s dropping every 1 with other features and projects in between…

You can’t have it both ways

Red Money

All Star
Daps
Breh, that's hip-hop. This isn't some crazy new age standard that's been invented. Dating back to the origins of hip-hop you ain't shyt unless u writing your rhymes.... period.

And not being a sucka mc by rapping about gang violence and selling drugs to the community was a standard too. Fun and uplift was the standard and individual beef was okay.

Times change....

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Does Beyonce call herself the greatest rapper alive :what:
Beyonce is credited as a writer on every single song on her albums but if you I’m the know you would know that she don’t write one iota of any of the lyrics she sings… I know this for a fact… My cousin is a producer on a couple of her past albums…

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
And not being a sucka mc by rapping about gang violence and selling drugs to the community was a standard too.

Times change....
People got this stuck in their head like this is the way it's supposed to be. Clearly in the real world their ideals don't mean shyt because a manufactured product climbed the charts to be one of the most successful rappers of all time.

I sure as hell didn't bump into reality and start throwing a tantrum. The real world don't always line up with how people think it should be. Most of the people that got Drake where he is don't give a shyt is he writing those raps or not and since at least the Meek Mill beef we've known he wasn't so why are people pearl clutching over this again? Nothing new.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Beyonce is credited as a writer on every single song on her albums but if you I’m the know you would know that she don’t write one iota of any of the lyrics she sings… I know this for a fact… My cousin is a producer on a couple of her past albums…

That didn't answer breh question is Beyonce a rapper or not:heh:

RnB, pop, boy bands etc been had songs written for them for ages and no one bats an eye because they have good singing voices. looks, they dance, put on elaborate performances etc. 99% of rappers don't do any of these so they are graded primarily on their pen if they want to be viewed as elite MCs

For example lets say who will be viewed worse in this situation. Beyonce not writing 95% of her music, or Nas not writing shyt...10%. and then you realize where we coming from.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hip hop is not other genres. If you tell someone "I can sing", and then sing some popular song well, they'll say "yeah, you're right"

If you tell someone "I can rap", then rap the lyrics to your favorite song, nobody will say you can rap, even if you have a good voice and mimic the original rappers flow and rhythm well. Because that's easy, the hard part of rap is lyrics and how to deliver them.

CrushedGroove

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm in agreement with myself that we as a community should move the goalpost for Drake as he ducks no smoke. Pusha-T doesn't count (see goalpost reference). Since this is something that I feel we can, as a collective, agree upon, let's delete this thread, m'kay, and focus instead on how well "Drake" is doing in battle.

:blessed: