Metroboomin Leaks "Jumbotron Sh*t Poppin'" Reference Track Exposing Drake

PatCake

Alkali Nonmetals
Daps
Reppin
I, for one, welcome our new space overlords.
Drake is a brand. The guy you give your best shyt to because he will appeal to everybody. I mean the guy sounds white, looks middle eastern, can pass for Latina and gets to say the N-word coz he half black. He's the prototypical artist of these times.

One Dance was made by a South African guy called DJ Maphorisa. He thoughts it's too good for himself and he could sell it to a bigger artist and make money. Wizkid also felt the same so he gave it to Drake. Maphorisa made the biggest paycheck he had every seen and Drake got to roam the charts as the "talent". It's all business. :yeshrug:

Red Money

All Star
Daps
The leaps ya'll going to defend this dudes lack of pen is absolutely insane.

Kanye one of my favorite artist ever. I think MBDTF is the best rap album ever next to Illmatic. I would never ever ever make a claim that Kanye is a lyricist, spitter, the best rapper etc. Too many examples of him taking whole ass verses and shyt. But he was a phenomenal artist. The issue is Drake fans want their cake and eat it too. On one end hes just a hustler, pop star and then a week later nikkas are dikkriding him doing one of his canned 6:36 in Fargo ass tracks like hes this lyrical god.

can't have it both ways.

It's getting too absolute. Drakes stuff he wrote being fire can exist in the same world where he doesn't write certain hits. Obviously quantity of tracks and reach of tracks he has written for him matters. It's just not cut and dry is my point. I ain't really been checking for drake since that 2016 dud views.

Now, If we find out Nas didn't write owe me and genuine wrote the whole thing....that doesn't take away from all his other works and writing ability. Nas just didn't want to come up with that kinda single in my mind.
BUT if Lauryn Hill penned Nas verseses on if I ruled the world....Nas loses a lot of points and then questions arise about his career.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You've never had a good opinion in your life man. It's kinda crazy how habitually you have horrible takes. It really must run in the core of your DNA
I have plenty of good opinions. You just happen to think the difference between a good opinion and a bad one is whether or not you agree with it which BTW is a really shyt take. You can disagree with someone constantly and see their logic is sound. Problem is people like you can't see past your own perspective. Once I evolved past my own I can see stuff differently. Most people can't be in the presence of something or someone they disagree with and not have an adverse reaction. That's a skill I developed as a child. I can respectfully disagree with people.

In your opinion a rapper should write their own raps. You're being idealistic. Whenever the opportunity presents itself manufactured successful products that pose as real will exist. I can go about my life accepting that reality. I'm not idealistic about this like you are. I listen to the music and if I enjoy the final product all that shyt you talking is irrelevant. I'm not out here fooling myself into thinking entertainment products are reality or anything close. Behind the scenes anything could be going on and I treat it accordingly. Rap is an entertainment and you're fukking stupid if you think for a moment a good portion of what you see is real or created by a single person image, lyrics, and all.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
It's getting too absolute. Drakes stuff he wrote being fire can exist in the same world where he doesn't write certain hits. Obviously quantity of tracks and reach of tracks he has written for him matters. It's just not cut and dry is my point. I ain't really been checking for drake since that 2016 dud views.

Now, If we find out Nas didn't write owe me and genuine write the whole thing....that doesn't take away from all his other works and writing ability. Nas just didn't want to come up with that kinda single in my mind.
BUT if Lauryn Hill penned Nas verseses on if I ruled the world....Nas loses a lot of points and then questions arise.

The issue is drake has been shown to use writers for all his types of songs. The singing ones, trap/street joans, and even the lyrical spiritual ones.

You right if ginuwine gave nas you owe me it wpuldnt be a huge deal as that aint his lane. Drake has no real discernable niche, he is looked at as being able to do it all. So when it comes out that hes had full ass songs giving to him in all areas it looks crazy. Now I wouldnt care if he still says Im the best cuz thats what rappers do. But dudes who claim to be hip hop fans absolving his shenanigans. I have to look at you funny