Metaphor: ReFantazio (PC, Xbox Series X|S, PS5, PS4) (October 11, 2024)

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
When they say you can go to the main menu to channel archetypes you have unlocked...

Can I only do that in Akademia? Or can I switch archetypes I've studied on the fly in the standard main menu?
When you study an Archetype for a specific player, you can go to the Menu > Equipment section and switch to that archetype

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
bytch ass dragon got some 2 straight critical hits on me. playing on hard mode, but still managed to revive and get the win :wow:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
It's an 90ish hour game that hasn't even been out what 35 or so hours yet. The only way people outside of review media making it that far into the game already is damn near non-stop playing.
there was a demo, and your progress carries over

but beyond that, some people got a lot of time for gaming. I'm lucky to get more than 2 hours a day

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Can't say if feeling the decision to not allow you to change jobs in battle. That's a fundamental part of a job system. Even Persona had that. Also I can't buy items to restore MP. I'm trying to grind this first dungeon and the systems force you to use MP you can't replenish effectively.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Can't say if feeling the decision to not allow you to change jobs in battle. That's a fundamental part of a job system. Even Persona had that. Also I can't buy items to restore MP. I'm trying to grind this first dungeon and the systems force you to use MP you can't replenish effectively.
I guess they wanted to differentiate it from Persona by doing that. If you entered a battle with a bad archetype selected, you're toast. One thing is the checkpoint system is a bit fairer. You lose to some enemies it starts you close to the area and not from a save room like Persona does.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I guess they wanted to differentiate it from Persona by doing that. If you entered a battle with a bad archetype selected, you're toast. One thing is the checkpoint system is a bit fairer. You lose to some enemies it starts you close to the area and not from a save room like Persona does.
I ran up on a boss in the mines and didn't realize it was coming. Didn't feel like reloading a save so I just beat them with the layout I had. My mage ran out of MP in the battle and the physical attack was so low he became worthless. It was a challenging battle but I'm hopeful I can do the Persona thing where I run through the dungeon, reach the boss, exit and do it the next day rather than be stuck.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I ran up on a boss in the mines and didn't realize it was coming. Didn't feel like reloading a save so I just beat them with the layout I had. My mage ran out of MP in the battle and the physical attack was so low he became worthless. It was a challenging battle but I'm hopeful I can do the Persona thing where I run through the dungeon, reach the boss, exit and do it the next day rather than be stuck.
Yeah that is still viable. There's even an item to return back to the entrance to go back. I'm at the grand cathedral dungeon so it's been very Persona like so far.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I been in this first major dungeon for 3 hours. If you set the main character as a mage you get 1 MP for each enemy you kill. At level 12 you can kill all the enemies with real time attacks instead of turned based battles. At that point you just keep running back and forth killing the enemies that respawn over and over again until you replenish all your MP.

I'm pretty sure they don't intend you to play the game this way buy this is the best way to not waste days leaving the dungeon to replenish MP. I plan to do as much if not all of it in a single in game day.