Metal Gear Survive?

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Nobody even said it was just Kojima that made these games, but you see what happens to them without him? Just saying breh...and your opinions about mgs4 I just ur opinion. I enjoyed the game and I know plenty of ppl who did as well. MGO was a masterpiece
If it wasn't just Kojima who made those games, then why is he all everybody talks about? He's not the only name that came and went. I got respect for his input, but no one person makes a game. They definitely don't make a franchise.

MGS4 was fine and I enjoyed it too, but they dropped the formula of the previous 3 after act 1 and never looked back. There's no denying that. From weird car chases to walking simulators, they stopped trying to make a game and wanted to be story tellers with set pieces. If they want to go off the rails from what made the series so highly regarded until that point on and make some weird Japanese Uncharted mashup for the majority of MGS4 and an openworld game that didn't even get finished in MGS5, then why the fukk does a game like this that's meant to be mindless fun from the jump and doesn't ever pretend to be otherwise get people in their feelings?

because for some odd reason everyone is kojima's dikk like he's the sole driving force of that franchise and him leaving suddenly killed everything. its as ridiculous as saying mass effect 3 was bad just because hudson left and the only thing wrong with it was the ending

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
My nephew's bday is tomorrow, he was obsessed with MGS 5 so I figured this was a shoe in to buy for him but yall make it sound pretty bad. Is this some ish they can fix with patches or should I be looking at alternatives for the kid?

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps
My nephew's bday is tomorrow, he was obsessed with MGS 5 so I figured this was a shoe in to buy for him but yall make it sound pretty bad. Is this some ish they can fix with patches or should I be looking at alternatives for the kid?
Find something else:birdman:

KageDaBeast

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Durham, NC
@storyteller it's basically a survival game, I don't think he'd like it, it's nothing like MGSV. If he's into survival games he'd probably enjoy it, you basically collect shyt while on missions and then use 'em back at base to create new items/ strengthen your old ones. You also gotta keep track of your food, water, and at times oxygen levels or else you die.

The multiplayer is basically a 4-player co-op horde defend the drill mode; besides the beta I haven't really messed with that at all, so I can't really speak on it.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Try the new hitman goty edition. shyt has content for DAYS.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
You say splinter cell like its the only other stealth game :usure:

syphon-filter-ps1-768x432.jpg

latest
Doubt those are ever coming back at this point.

Splinter Cell is the true stealth franchise. GOAT. I just installed convinction on my xbox one.

Calibrated

Superstar
Daps

Splinter Cell is the true stealth franchise. GOAT. I just installed convinction on my xbox one.

I've been waiting for Conviction to be backwards compatible. I always viewed it like an episode of 24.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I'm not discrediting Kojima, I'm just saying people acting like they saw him build MGS1 personally - with no help or team.

Hell, the art design alone is iconic but the people jocking Kojima somehow don't even know who Koji Shinkawa is :jbhmm: funny how that works
you mean Yoji Shinkawa? he's still working with Kojima Productions. Kojima also took some other former Konami peeps with him

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
because for some odd reason everyone is kojima's dikk like he's the sole driving force of that franchise and him leaving suddenly killed everything.
I understand what your trying to argue but kojima did play a major role in the series.

It would be like if nintendo fired Shigeru Miyamoto and produced a trash Mario/zelda game without him. Would you argue that miyamoto was not that important to those game series?

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I understand what your trying to argue but kojima did play a major role in the series.

It would be like if nintendo fired Shigeru Miyamoto and produced a trash Mario/zelda game without him. Would you argue that miyamoto was not that important to those game series?
Miyamoto damn sure doesn't push Mario/Zelda solo - the organization that Iwata built laid the framework of developing and keeping amazing talent at all levels.
you mean Yoji Shinkawa? he's still working with Kojima Productions. Kojima also took some other former Konami peeps with him
i said yoji shinkawa in the post you quoted :skip:

but again, shinkawa's designs are more iconic and timetested than Metal Gear will ever be by itself - people somehow forget to mention other key figures in all of this though. somehow. all the time.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
i said yoji shinkawa in the post you quoted :skip:

Koji Shinkawa

but again, shinkawa's designs are more iconic and timetested than Metal Gear will ever be by itself - people somehow forget to mention other key figures in all of this though. somehow. all the time.

he works for Kojima. he's basically part of the Kojima 'brand'. for the most part people don't know the names of anyone that works on video games. at best the know the name of the development team, and in this case it's "Kojima Productions"

Kojima is the mastermind behind the Metal Gear series. peep what this dude that worked on the Fox Engine had to say:

Hideo Kojima Works on Everything Himself: Former Fox Engine Lead Tells His Experience Working With Him

Merceron didn’t really know what to expect from Hideo Kojima, as he knew him just as a friend. Since he did a lot of public relations and marketing, Merceron thought that maybe he was like a figurehead, with a lot of underlings doing everything from him, like game design and narrative design.

When they started to work together, Merceron was absolutely amazed. Kojima-san takes care of everything himself. He does marketing, Creativity on P.T “from A to Z,” the same with Metal Gear, he worked on the game design and on the story. Something not many know is that after Metal Gear Solid 4 was finished and work on Fox Engine started Kojima-san was among those who designed the technology. He’s a true technology enthusiast, and he wanted an engine that could represent him and that allowed him to deliver the experiences he aspired to create.

At first Merceron thought he would have to talk to Kojima-san in very simple terms, but that wasn’t the case at all. Kojima-san was beyond his expectations in everything: in the ideas he had, in his passion for his work, in his knowledge of technology, and even more so in his mastery of his vision. According to Merceron, he has never met anyone else who knows exactly how his game is going to look like before even seeing it.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
he works for Kojima. he's basically part of the Kojima 'brand'. for the most part people don't know the names of anyone that works on video games. at best the know the name of the development team, and in this case it's "Kojima Productions"

Kojima is the mastermind behind the Metal Gear series. peep what this dude that worked on the Fox Engine had to say:

Hideo Kojima Works on Everything Himself: Former Fox Engine Lead Tells His Experience Working With Him
hard to pick up on that when people are determined to attribute everything to one guy out of laziness

shinkawa is one of the best artists in the business - and for metal gear he was the lead designer for the characters, environments, and the machines :francis: he is straight up responsible for the theme driving MG

all i'm saying is people put way too much on single persons as a form of name recognition when its not that kind of business

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
hard to pick up on that when people are determined to attribute everything to one guy out of laziness

shinkawa is one of the best artists in the business - and for metal gear he was the lead designer for the characters, environments, and the machines :francis: he is straight up responsible for the theme driving MG

all i'm saying is people put way too much on single persons as a form of name recognition when its not that kind of business
Ur arguing semantics. The point is altho Kojima didnt do EVERYTHING himself which im pretty sure noone in their right mind believed anyway. He was the driving force and the mastermind behind the series. So when THAT person leaves. Of course people are gonna feel a way especially when the series becomes a fukkin parody afterwards. Metal Gear is his and he’s been dealing with it since the Blue MSX in the 80s. I honestly feel like ur being purposely disingenuous. There should be zero confusion on why people hold him in high regard when it comes to the series.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:shaq2:...you called it trash....but lets keep it 100...the points you made attribute to the nature of the game making you play for survival strategy

That being said I do understand the menu asoect at times....but what you rrally are saying is you want the game to "help" you more:youngsabo:

WTF.

No, we're saying is the game should be intuitive and not clunky as fukk.

Subnautica is a much better survival game than this and it's not a fukking chore to play.

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
Are they really charging $10 for an extra character save slot :heh:
:mjlol:

If it wasn't just Kojima who made those games, then why is he all everybody talks about? He's not the only name that came and went. I got respect for his input, but no one person makes a game. They definitely don't make a franchise.

MGS4 was fine and I enjoyed it too, but they dropped the formula of the previous 3 after act 1 and never looked back. There's no denying that. From weird car chases to walking simulators, they stopped trying to make a game and wanted to be story tellers with set pieces. If they want to go off the rails from what made the series so highly regarded until that point on and make some weird Japanese Uncharted mashup for the majority of MGS4 and an openworld game that didn't even get finished in MGS5, then why the fukk does a game like this that's meant to be mindless fun from the jump and doesn't ever pretend to be otherwise get people in their feelings?

because for some odd reason everyone is kojima's dikk like he's the sole driving force of that franchise and him leaving suddenly killed everything. its as ridiculous as saying mass effect 3 was bad just because hudson left and the only thing wrong with it was the ending

Honestly, I only like MGS1/2/4. Mainly due to Kojima's attitude towards the players

MGS1 - Remake of MG1/2. Hideo did it just to bring his 10 year old series to the 3D era as a swan song. Had a lot of subtext about nuclear deterrence (Fitting considering Metal Gear itself was a product of the cold war era) But recieved critical success which ended up with...

MGS2 - The game Kojima honestly did not want to make, but decided if he was going to then he would make it as a big "fukk YOU" to his fans and Konami for forcing him to continue. The game has 3 different narratives.

- One being a continuation of MGS1's story aswell as remake
- The second being a subtle message toward relying too much on technology, and where the world would be heading to down the line
- The third being about letting things go and accepting the end of the series.

Sadly, fans once again end up making Konami milk Kojima for everything he is worth. so we get MGS 3 which was a cluster fukk of fan wank (pretty sure after MGS2 they had Kojima under watch for a while to make sure he didnt pull that stunt again, thus the lack of personal freedom from Kojima up until...)

MGS4 - At this point Kojima tossed out all subtlety and outright stated he wanted the Metal Gear series to die. 90% of the subtext is about death or giving up. Not to mention the other 10% of the subtext being about the current political climate (Haliburton & Blackwater were dominating the PMC scene and were heavily advertised at this time. The war in Iraq was still in full swing.) Kojima reflected how the world could end up relying more heavily on proxy battles being fought by multiple different Private Military Corporations as a way to boost the world economy (which itself is a valid prediction, although in recent years it has been toned down due to scrutiny towards Private Military Corporations. But of course, we now have Trump so who knows, maybe it will come back to being a valid concern once again). The story itself tries to tie up the multiple plot lines that MGS1 & 2 had, and is basically more of a love letter to the older/long term (non MGS3) Metal gear fans. While also conveying the feelings Kojima has about the series itself.

you misspelled Hitman :gucci:

maxresdefault-16.jpg

Last edited: