Metal Gear Survive?

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol:

Honestly, I only like MGS1/2/4. Mainly due to Kojima's attitude towards the players

MGS1 - Remake of MG1/2. Hideo did it just to bring his 10 year old series to the 3D era as a swan song. Had a lot of subtext about nuclear deterrence (Fitting considering Metal Gear itself was a product of the cold war era) But recieved critical success which ended up with...

MGS2 - The game Kojima honestly did not want to make, but decided if he was going to then he would make it as a big "fukk YOU" to his fans and Konami for forcing him to continue. The game has 3 different narratives.

- One being a continuation of MGS1's story aswell as remake
- The second being a subtle message toward relying too much on technology, and where the world would be heading to down the line
- The third being about letting things go and accepting the end of the series.

Sadly, fans once again end up making Konami milk Kojima for everything he is worth. so we get MGS 3 which was a cluster fukk of fan wank (pretty sure after MGS2 they had Kojima under watch for a while to make sure he didnt pull that stunt again, thus the lack of personal freedom from Kojima up until...)

MGS4 - At this point Kojima tossed out all subtlety and outright stated he wanted the Metal Gear series to die. 90% of the subtext is about death or giving up. Not to mention the other 10% of the subtext being about the current political climate (Haliburton & Blackwater were dominating the PMC scene and were heavily advertised at this time. The war in Iraq was still in full swing.) Kojima reflected how the world could end up relying more heavily on proxy battles being fought by multiple different Private Military Corporations as a way to boost the world economy (which itself is a valid prediction, although in recent years it has been toned down due to scrutiny towards Private Military Corporations. But of course, we now have Trump so who knows, maybe it will come back to being a valid concern once again). The story itself tries to tie up the multiple plot lines that MGS1 & 2 had, and is basically more of a love letter to the older/long term (non MGS3) Metal gear fans. While also conveying the feelings Kojima has about the series itself.

you misspelled Hitman :gucci:

maxresdefault-16.jpg

Ok, I knew something was up.

I started playing MGS 5 when it was free on PS+.

And as I was playing it. I started to think like when did MGS turn into Resident Evil. :gucci:

Now, I know why.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
:blessed:....at level 15...finally got exploration teams going out doing the dirty work....nikkas salty because they bad at the game...:picard::mjlol:

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
Ok, I knew something was up.

I started playing MGS 5 when it was free on PS+.

And as I was playing it. I started to think like when did MGS turn into Resident Evil. :gucci:

Now, I know why.
yea, people dont understand that Metal Gear Solid has been running on fumes since 2. :yeshrug:

People lord over MGS 3 but that was more konami and the writing team (especially Shuyo Murata who joined around MGS2) than HIdeo Kojima. :wow:

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
I wonder if people were losing their shyt like this when Metal Gear Acid got released :skip:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nobody even said it was just Kojima that made these games, but you see what happens to them without him? Just saying breh...and your opinions about mgs4 I just ur opinion. I enjoyed the game and I know plenty of ppl who did as well. MGO was a masterpiece
I fukked wit MGS4 heavy too and the online was damn near perfect for the the MGS world. Just my 2 pennies

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
I wonder if people were losing their shyt like this when Metal Gear Acid got released :skip:
yes actually...jumping the gun like ppl do. did the same shyt with peace Walker because it was psp exclusive at first

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:blessed:....at level 15...finally got exploration teams going out doing the dirty work....nikkas salty because they bad at the game...:picard::mjlol:

Bad at the game? The game is easy as fukk. :mjlol:

Have you ever played a survival game in your life?

Willie

Bring me back some Gushers and a Sprite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, USA
Copped for $5. Not entirely trash. Campaign is decent so far. Only found one game online tho lmao

Online dead on this bytch

Willie

Bring me back some Gushers and a Sprite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, USA
Game is coming to gamepass next month.
I'm still not even gonna download it.

Yeah I peeped that. Really aint shyt to write home about. The concept is cool. But I will agree that there are too many menus. Slows down gameplay