Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain | PS4/PS3/XB1/360/PC | Out Now

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
This game is getting high scores across the board :damn: i'm gonna feel left out not being able to play this until later in the year :sadbron:

EGM: 95/100
Game Informer: 93/100
Gametrailers: 93/100
Destructoid: 9/10
Gamespot: 10/10

this was random:heh:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
6434124431622144.png

MICROTRANSACTIONS!!!???? :why::mindblown: in a METAL GEAR GAME????

BY JENNA PITCHERThe competitive multiplayer component of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain known as Forward Operating Base may feature play-restricting microtransactions.

Forward Operating Base allows players to construct offshore fortresses aside from their main Mother Base. Players allocate resources and manpower acquired from the main game to defend these bases from online invaders or attack other players fortresses.

GameSpot discovered in its review process that in order to build their PVP bases, players may need to unlock space in the open water using in-game currency called MB coins. According to GameSpot, these MB Coins are purchased by using real-world money.

As no online features are testable right now, it is not currently clear if microtransactions to "purchase water" is optional, nor how much the "premium" currency costs. IGN reached out to Konami for further information and clarification about the microtransaction model, and will update this story with its response.

:pacspit: @Konami
Maybe mb money is something you get playing multilayer but you can buy it and shortcut the process

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
not surprised, kojima was going all out with this 1...and even though konami kicked him out, most of the game was already done, so they probably just had to put finishing touches on it....will be copping later in the year, my gaming plate full right now, and this would just sit there....

side note: this thread is funny...yall doubt high scores and think everyone is on the take...but let it be a low score, and that's gospel....lol get the fukk outta here....

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
not surprised, kojima was going all out with this 1...and even though konami kicked him out, most of the game was already done, so they probably just had to put finishing touches on it....will be copping later in the year, my gaming plate full right now, and this would just sit there....

side note: this thread is funny...yall doubt high scores and think everyone is on the take...but let it be a low score, and that's gospel....lol get the fukk outta here....

I'm not discounting high score because of Kojima... he makes excellent work. my gripe is with how konami stripped the game away from him. I have alot of animosity of how konami treats their workers in how they're going in this dark direction...

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not discounting high score because of Kojima... he makes excellent work. my gripe is with how konami stripped the game away from him. I have alot of animosity of how konami treats their workers in how they're going in this dark direction...

that's nice and all, but what does how they treat their workers have to do with discounting the score the game is getting from reviews?....which is what my point was about based on what was going on in the thread and people doubting the score by claiming it was paid for, that other games got high scores too and to those posters didnt deserve them, etc....

Populair

Guess what?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Just a Kid From Chicago
These video game outlets really need to add some sort of a "subject to change" disclaimer for their review scores for games that delay a portion of the game. I thought they would've learn after the disaster that was the GTA V multiplayer.... I couldn't care less if majority of the people play these games for their single player experiences, the online is still a part of the game, and it will still be advertised on the box as such.

If the online isn't up to par as it's potentially mired with glitches, stability issues, or if it doesn't work as it's suppose to do day 1, then they deserved to be docked some points - I didn't even get into the technical, subjective aspect of covering the multiplayer i.e. does said reviewer enjoy the online. It's not the consumer's fault that companies like Rockstar, and Konami didn't have a beta for their multiplayer, which is funny because MGO2 DID have a beta back in 08.

Hopefully the online works, SMH.

Last edited:

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Will be getting this on PS3 I'm late to the MGS party I still have to beat 2 3 4 Peacewalker and Ground zeroes
Me too. The only MG game I had played was Metal Gear on Nintendo when I was a kid and Ground Zeros early this year. I copped the Legacy collection the other day and started from the beginning. Just started Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake. So far so good.:blessed:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
that's nice and all, but what does how they treat their workers have to do with discounting the score the game is getting from reviews?....which is what my point was about based on what was going on in the thread and people doubting the score by claiming it was paid for, that other games got high scores too and to those posters didnt deserve them, etc....

Whoever this guy thats in charge of konami is worse than the emperor himself though... :why: This guy damn near destroyed the production of the game because he wanted kojima out of the way...

Alot of fans not liking it...

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
Sohh ign lands an exclusive early review to a game that's not out for a week and scores it a perfect 10. I'm pretty sure this is a Konami sponsored review. With that said.....day mother fukking one. As if nikkas need to see reviews of a Metal Gear Solid game before copping:win: