Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain | PS4/PS3/XB1/360/PC | Out Now

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
And why would you even allude to the ending of a game like ME in your review knowing people have been anticipating that for years?

I guess alot of fans was sorely disappointed in an ending they invested years in hoping for a great payoff... :manny: The thing is the ign review never even mentioned how the ending was, nor did they address the rumors that it sucked...

And then when the backlash came they made a counter video to defend it in lockstep... calling the people's opinions stupid... :stopitslime:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
When Sony gonna open up the checkbook and bring Kojima home? He the hottest free agent gaming ever seen.

WHat if he completely sold out and went to dolla dolla dolla dolla bill yall

blackestofpanthers

God forgives, you are forgiven.
Daps
Reppin
Bay area
Just like EA paid for that Mass Effect 3 review from IGN before the game even dropped and they never mentioned the ending.......

tumblr_n7n5flic8H1r33r0fo1_500.gif
Mass effect 3 was an amazing game regardless of the ending :camby:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Makes you wonder what Kojima could do with more freedom and a bigger budget :wow:

What is the back story behind this? did Capcom have finance trouble? How can a company with a game this good go through this type of bullshyt

I guess alot of fans was sorely disappointed in an ending they invested years in hoping for a great payoff... :manny: The thing is the ign review never even mentioned how the ending was, nor did they address the rumors that it sucked...

And then when the backlash came they made a counter video to defend it in lockstep... calling the people's opinions stupid... :stopitslime:

I thought the game deserved the great score, the ending IS a matter of opinion. as great as the story telling is in ME to me it was always a bonus to an already great game. As bad as you say the ending was, it was still a better story than 90% of the games the come out

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
What is the back story behind this? did Capcom have finance trouble? How can a company with a game this good go through this type of bullshyt

I thought the game deserved the great score, the ending IS a matter of opinion. as great as the story telling is in ME to me it was always a bonus to an already great game. As bad as you say the ending was, it was still a better story than 90% of the games the come out

Konami is basically turning towards mobile phone games, cutting Kojima's budget and working divisions like dogs.

It's like when Krause forced Jordan and Pippen out.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

But thats the whole point.... The ending collapsed the trilogy's narrative upon itself. it negated everything... :martin: Its like Lost SEASON 6......

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps

Yeah the ending sucked. I was so invested in that shyt. My nikka Shep was banging out intergalactic p*ssy and making interspecies armies and shyt, and he needed to continue to do so. :salute:But if you played ME3, then you know the game was piff rocks regardless of what happened. shyt looked great, felt epic, and played very intensely. Deserved high scores.

And in the case of ME3, I think it would be smart to not address the ending of the game one way or the other, just because it's such a huge part of the trilogy and fans are playing to see how the game concludes. Last thing I want is to go into this super anticipated ass game I been waiting to finish for years, knowing the ending sucked off top. I think that was a good move...but the counter vid due to backlash was dumb. I want no parts in defending IGN in regards to that. :whoa:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
6434124431622144.png

MICROTRANSACTIONS!!!???? :why::mindblown: in a METAL GEAR GAME????

BY JENNA PITCHERThe competitive multiplayer component of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain known as Forward Operating Base may feature play-restricting microtransactions.

Forward Operating Base allows players to construct offshore fortresses aside from their main Mother Base. Players allocate resources and manpower acquired from the main game to defend these bases from online invaders or attack other players fortresses.

GameSpot discovered in its review process that in order to build their PVP bases, players may need to unlock space in the open water using in-game currency called MB coins. According to GameSpot, these MB Coins are purchased by using real-world money.

As no online features are testable right now, it is not currently clear if microtransactions to "purchase water" is optional, nor how much the "premium" currency costs. IGN reached out to Konami for further information and clarification about the microtransaction model, and will update this story with its response.

:pacspit: @Konami

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That's dead.

A 10/10 though :jbhmm: The hype is too damn high