Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain | PS4/PS3/XB1/360/PC | Out Now

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
6434124431622144.png

MICROTRANSACTIONS!!!???? :why::mindblown: in a METAL GEAR GAME????

BY JENNA PITCHERThe competitive multiplayer component of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain known as Forward Operating Base may feature play-restricting microtransactions.

Forward Operating Base allows players to construct offshore fortresses aside from their main Mother Base. Players allocate resources and manpower acquired from the main game to defend these bases from online invaders or attack other players fortresses.

GameSpot discovered in its review process that in order to build their PVP bases, players may need to unlock space in the open water using in-game currency called MB coins. According to GameSpot, these MB Coins are purchased by using real-world money.

As no online features are testable right now, it is not currently clear if microtransactions to "purchase water" is optional, nor how much the "premium" currency costs. IGN reached out to Konami for further information and clarification about the microtransaction model, and will update this story with its response.

:pacspit: @Konami
I must be :old: because I can't understand why every game feels the need to force a multiplayer mode..If we must have multiplayer why not just add co-op? Why is that so rare in games, like did a poll suggest people like deathmatch that much more than co-op? And why when they do have a co op it's separate mode with a shytty story and only like 1 hour of gameplay?

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kojima got kicked off MGSV because he wasn't with the microtransaction fuccsh1t KONAMI's trying to flex