Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes | PS4/PS3/XB1/360/PC | Out Now

ll_simon

GQ MoTY Candidate
Daps
Reppin
#NJLives #LWO
Yo this thread, omg, I don't even know where to start. These Xbots are in full meltdown retard mode right now. All of a sudden 720p vs 1080p isn't a big deal anymore? All of a sudden 1080p isn't twice the pixel density as 720p also I guess right? And lol @ tryina rewrite history. The Cell BE has always been more powerful than the 360. The 360 had a better graphics card in it, but that didn't matter because the Cell BE wasn't even developed to have a graphics card accompanied with it, similar to the PS2. Xbots fail to realize that the 360, although using a PowerPC chip was still somewhat standard hardware and used DirectX which has been around what almost 2 decades, that helped a lot with development. The Cell BE was a highly specialized chip and took a while for developers to understand how to use it. It was a long time of getting shytty ports that were developed on the xbox platform. But like its been said multiple times in here already, the best looking PS3 games look better than the best 360 ones.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Once again you repeat yourself.

When playstation games perform worse it's inferior devs

When Xbox games perform worse its due to inferior hardware

The hypocrisy is strong with you stans:wow:
no what you're trying to do is pretend there's only a single way to reach the same conclusion.

just because the end result is inferior performance doesn't mean the hardware is also inferior. the difference here is we know why PS3 games preformed worse than 360 games and we know why Xbox One games are preforming worse than PS4 games.

the logical facilities you're stringing together to back your stance are ridiculous. add to that you're trying to label me some sort of Playstation stan. i'm not like you. i'm not loyal to a corporation or brand and i won't irrationally defend their bullshyt.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
on paper? wtf? nikka what xbox1 multiplats are fukking w/ps4?
What about ps3 multiplats not fukking with 369:usure:

and the ps3 clearly wasn't underpowered, you know the specs. the cell artictecture made them lazy ass PC/XBOX devs give a lackluster effort. xbox 360 couldn't push out 1 game that compared to the infamous, uncharted, or last of us. i give props to mass effect 2 though, they held their own.

Sony Stan conspiracy theories and lies :wow:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
on paper? wtf? nikka what xbox1 multiplats are fukking w/ps4?

and the ps3 clearly wasn't underpowered, you know the specs. the cell artictecture made them lazy ass PC/XBOX devs give a lackluster effort. xbox 360 couldn't push out 1 game that compared to the infamous, uncharted, or last of us. i give props to mass effect 2 though, they held their own.
the developers weren't lazy. it wasn't worth the investment to make the PS3 the lead platform on multiplatform games because the install base was lower and the system architecture was too different from what they were used to developing for. Sony's incompetence at the time was the cause of that.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
no what you're trying to do is pretend there's only a single way to reach the same conclusion.
I'm saying when you make your conclusions based of pure assumptions, you can't be changing your qualifications to whatever fits your agenda.

just because the end result is inferior performance doesn't mean the hardware is also inferior. the difference here is we know why PS3 games preformed worse than 360 games and we know why Xbox One games are preforming worse than PS4 games.
No we don't :heh: we know what neogaf said. We know what Sony stans have speculated but that's it.

the logical facilities you're stringing together to back your stance are ridiculous. add to that you're trying to label me some sort of Playstation stan. i'm not like you. i'm not loyal to a corporation or brand and i won't irrationally defend their bullshyt.
Your making assumptions based on fanboy wars. And I'm the one that's illogical:snoop:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What about ps3 multiplats not fukking with 369:usure:

i'll try again, what xbox 1 multiplats are fukking with ps4 multiplats?

Sony Stan conspiracy theories and lies :wow:

annnd i'll ask again, what xbox 360 exclusives had better graphics than ps3 exclusives? i mean, i feel like i'm debating with a retard. ps3 clearly had the superior architecture; which is why xbox 1 had to fold and get a blu-ray drive. but what's going to make xbox 1 catch up this time around? is it the cloud? or are you just going to give in and claim there's no noticeable difference between 720p and 1080p, and there's no difference between 30fps and 60fps? what's the plan, meachy

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the developers weren't lazy. it wasn't worth the investment to make the PS3 the lead platform on multiplatform games because the install base was lower and the system architecture was too different from what they were used to developing for. Sony's incompetence at the time was the cause of that.
xbox came out a year before ps3, of course it'd have a larger install base. but their objective was to make the game for xbox 360 and port it to ps3. this is lazy dev practice, it can't be denied.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
i'll try again, what xbox 1 multiplats are fukking with ps4 multiplats?
Plenty are. Not sure what this question means though

annnd i'll ask again, what xbox 360 exclusives had better graphics than ps3 exclusives?
this is an inherently dumb question because its very difficult to compare different games/genres and claim the graphics are "better". The only good comparison we can draw is between Forza and GT. Forza was always the prettier game.

mean, i feel like i'm debating with a retard. ps3 clearly had the superior architecture; which is why xbox 1 had to fold and get a blu-ray drive. but what's going to make xbox 1 catch up this time around? is it the cloud? or are you just going to give in and claim there's no noticeable difference between 720p and 1080p, and there's no difference between 30fps and 60fps? what's the plan, meachy
What made the ps3 catch up?

ll_simon

GQ MoTY Candidate
Daps
Reppin
#NJLives #LWO

this is an inherently dumb question because its very difficult to compare different games/genres and claim the graphics are "better". The only good comparison we can draw is between Forza and GT. Forza was always the prettier game.

:whoo: @ this level of plea coppin

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
xbox came out a year before ps3, of course it'd have a larger install base. but their objective was to make the game for xbox 360 and port it to ps3. this is lazy dev practice, it can't be denied.

So if devs aren't tailor making their games to fit the X1 architecture does that make them lazy?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

what multiplatforms have the same resolution and frame rate :comeon:

it's not dumb, we're just talking about graphics here. what xbox 360 exclusive has superior graphics to games like infamous 2, uncharted 3, last of us, heavy rain, beyond two souls, god of war 3? very simple question.

if i had to guess, it would be devs learning the cell and how to program for it, solid hardware that didn't red ring every couple months, a blu-ray player, free online, and superior exclusives.

now how about you stop answering my questions w/your own questions. what will give xbox 1 the edge this time around over the ps4?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
what multiplatforms have the same resolution and frame rate :comeon:
Need for speed, FIFA, 2K. Off the top of my head. COD ghost has a lower resolution, but the framerate is trash on ps4

it's not dumb, we're just talking about graphics here. what xbox 360 exclusive has superior graphics to games like infamous 2, uncharted 3, last of us, heavy rain, beyond two souls, god of war 3? very simple question.
Halo 4 looked better than all of them except beyond two souls. But once again it's a silly comparison because the games are very different in scope/performace.

if i had to guess, it would be devs learning the cell and how to program for it, solid hardware that didn't red ring every couple months, a blu-ray player, free online, and superior exclusives.
only talking about graphics here not the rest of your fanboy talking points.

So what's stopping devs from learning the X1 architecture and how to program for it?

now how about you stop answering my questions w/your own questions. what will give xbox 1 the edge this time around over the ps4?
"The edge" is a purely subjective concept. It depends on what you want out of a console. Thus far the edge goes to X1 due to the exclusive games/features available. But that's only my opinion.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
from what we're hearing, they are tailor making their games for the X1, but it's lacking the same power as the ps4.

You have not heard shyt from a dev. The only things devs have said is that the systems are very close and the X1 tools need to get better for them to properly use the ESRAM. Some of the launch titles didnt even use the ESRAM.