Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes | PS4/PS3/XB1/360/PC | Out Now

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why are they wasting time making these games for PS3/360?? I know it's profitable but damn, these old ass systems is holding them back on doing what they really can do.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
just watched the video :ohlawd:

so who is the protagonist? the video isn't clear.

Yeah when Big Boss is waking up and Kaz is asking "What about him", it's from the perspective of a third person. Honestly, I don't think this shyt is clear as it may seem. Especially considering this is Kojima. We could be playing as someone entirely different from Big Boss.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Oddly enough I always think of the Japanese voice actor when I think of Snake, then David Hayter second, so if I didn't like this corny dude's sounding voice that much I could just switch to the Japanese voice track. Probably won't bother me that much.

Random but I still got Raiden's "What does an AI know about freedom?" line stuck in my head from Metal Gear Rising.

BeefWellingtonThe2nd

[Generic Custom Title]
Daps
Reppin
Notts, UK
yal know this sh1t ain't gonna drop no time soon right?

MGS vengeance was revealed in like 09 and is just now dropping

Rising Revengence had such a shytty initial time in development, due to Kojima not leading the team for it, and the devs just being a bunch of headless chickens, which led to them basically scrapping the most of the game, bringing in Platinum games to be the lead devs, and starting over again. That's why it took so long to come out.

I can't see the same thing happening with MGS 5

Apollo Kid

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Boom Bap Era
I know people are buggin that David Hayter won't be voicing Big Boss but Richard Doyle did a good job voicing him in MGS 4

Last edited by a moderator:

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
im not excited for this at all, hideo is pulling out all his weird complicated shyt just to continue snakes story...i can't even follow it anymore. I don't give a fukk about the graphics just give me a game where the story is not a mess and no 2 hours worth of cut scenes.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Liquid never worked with Master Miller, so how the hell could it be him. Also he lost his arm after he died.

did he die :unsure:

Also is that suppose to be master Miller in that hospital? Cause I don't know whats going on.

Naijan

All outta Gill
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
did he die :unsure:

Also is that suppose to be master Miller in that hospital? Cause I don't know whats going on.
Yes Liquid died in MGS1. No way it could be him cause he would defiantly be a little kid at that time.
The guy is Master Miller but goes by Kaz
Kazuhira Miller - The Metal Gear Wiki - Metal Gear Solid Rising, Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker, Metal Gear Solid 4, and more
I still strongly think the hospital scene is a dream sequence in his coma and not real.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Yes Liquid died in MGS1. No way it could be him cause he would defiantly be a little kid at that time.
The guy is Master Miller but goes by Kaz
Kazuhira Miller - The Metal Gear Wiki - Metal Gear Solid Rising, Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker, Metal Gear Solid 4, and more
I still strongly think the hospital scene is a dream sequence in his coma and not real.

How do you know what time period this takes place?

How do you explain big boss arm being missing when he had both in MGS4?

I know who master miller is you forget liquid had him killed metal gear soild.

Nevermind looked it up yeah it is Big Boss.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
How do you know what time period this takes place?

How do you explain big boss arm being missing when he had both in MGS4?

I know who master miller is you forget liquid had him killed metal gear soild.

He was reconstructed from Solidus after he was burned alive.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
For a sizable number of stealth gaming fanatics, the world exploded on Wednesday, and the epicentre was San Francisco. In short, Metal Gear Solid V has been announced. Hideo Kojima, the series creator, was speaking at the Game Developers Conference when he revealed that previously hinted games The Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes were both, in fact, part of MGS V.

Konami is being secretive on how the previously separate titles will combine, but both will be integral to the experience [UPDATE] though Ground Zeroes is like to be a separate release, arriving before the main title. After the GDC session, Kojima himself explained, "Ground Zeroes is a prologue of MGS V. Nine years after that event will be The Phantom Pain. MGS V is constructed with prologue and main game, TPP. The game play demo I presented today is the opening of TPP which is tutorial". However this works out in practice, the full title of the game is Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and it will be coming to Xbox and PS3 at an unspecified date in the future.

For his much-anticipated talk at the event, Kojima wandered onto stage, his face bandaged – an amusing reference to Joakim Mogren, the fictitious CEO of Moby dikk Studios, which in turn was the fictitious developer teased by Konami as the creator of Phantom Pain. Confused? Oh lord, you so haven't been paying attention. Kojima went on to show videos of the game, and provided an in-depth introduction to the FOX Engine that will be powering the scintillating new instalment in the long-running series.