Metal Gear Solid 2 was ahead of its time

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I get it that MGS3 is universally loved on here but from a thematic standpoint, MGS2 was one of the most thought provoking games I ever played, I mean the ideas on there are super-relevant, shadow governments, censorship, media neutrality.

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Last couple of hours of the story just went off on the deep end. You have to be some kind of conspiracy nut to appreciate that shyt.
seriously what the fukk with that story :skip:

I fukk with the MGS games but MGS2 was a whole lot of what the fukk :gucci::beli:

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
seriously what the fukk with that story :skip:

I fukk with the MGS games but MGS2 was a whole lot of what the fukk :gucci::beli:
its because there are shamanist undertones in the entire series. MGS2 just the one that its obvious

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
The Tanker part in MGS2 just might be the greatest 1hr of a game ever but Snake Eater is the better game. By far.
Ehh, the camouflage, food management, and injury management has really aged poorly. With the dated UI, all that stuff is a chore.

You don't have to worry about those artificial rpg elements with MGS2, but the maps and environments are a bit samey with 2

Last edited:

Lord-Yosh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York
Ehh, the camouflage, food management, and injury management has really aged poorly. With the dated UI, all that stuff is a chore.

You don't have to work about that with MGS2, but the maps and environments are a bit samey with that one.
But it hasn't :yeshrug: if you understood it before you'll understand it now.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
The Tanker part in MGS2 just might be the greatest 1hr of a game ever but Snake Eater is the better game. By far.

It was fine for its time. :dahell:

You don't have to work about that with MGS2, but the maps and environments are a bit samey with that one.

Metal Gear Solid
MGS 2
Snake Eater
Phantom Pain
Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake
Peace Walker
Revengence
Portable Ops
MGS 4

:smugdraper: