Message for Coli mods/admin etc Poll inside

Black History/ Current Affairs section on the Coli

• Total voters

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:lupe: while we are the subject of money you ever notice that the dudes making the most noise about this topic don't have supporter tag? They scream all day about group economics and all that jazz and how we the largest black forum too,but haven't supported the coli financially I wonder how many of them contributed to the the homey Smooth3d (RIP) (black poster) funeral cost like we did :lupe:

The discrediting of the Thinking Black Man is never far behind....

It's pretty clear @Black Reign's comment was taken out of context. And as he stated, it holds no significance because it wasn't his idea to bring this to fruition.

As for the 'support tag' I fail to see how this "discredits" my Pan Africanism and efforts to support a voice for the Black Posters of the Coli. Which would provide ourselves and others with a direct avenue to create, plan and dicuss the Future and Past of our Race of oppressed brothers and Sisters.

The finger pointing, demeaning and agenda based posts are unnecessary when concerning a positive directions for our people. Trying to flip a positive into a negative is unjust in this instance

Disclaimer: RIP Smooth3d. Bringing up a brother no longer with us, in an effort to discredit something as positive as a Black Current Affairs/ History subsection is vile to say the least.

Last edited:

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The discrediting of the Thinking Black Man is never far behind....

It's pretty clear @Black Reign's comment was taken out of context. And as he stated, it holds no significance because it wasn't his idea to bring this to fruition.

As for the 'support tag' I fail to see how this "discredits" my Pan Africanism and efforts to support a voice for the Black Posters of the Coli. Which would provide ourselves and others with a direct avenue to create, plan and dicuss the Future and Past of our Race of oppressed brothers and Sisters.

The finger pointing, demeaning and agenda based posts are unnecessary when concerning a positive directions for our people. Trying to flip a positive into a negative is unjust in this instance

Disclaimer: RIP Smooth3d. Bringing up a brother no longer with us, in an effort to discredit something as positive as a Black Current Affairs/ History subsection is vile to say the least.

hqdefault.jpg

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
I can't believe u right now :beli: and I didn't make the thread...
Nah, but you're promoting it the most and given history I had to ask :manny: With that said, I didn't even realize this was in Event Staff...no one will notice it in here

Brooklynzson

Just a kid from Brooklyn
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Coli
Thats in the locker room though, posters are not gonna wanna go to a sub forum or higher learning to post. Like barnone said, that College/Career sub forum we had flopped. @Family Man had a good idea w/ the groups, someone else said official threads...Higher Learning could/should be used too, TLR is good too, thats where most people be at anyway.

Did anybody make a black history thread yet?

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Thats in the locker room though, posters are not gonna wanna go to a sub forum or higher learning to post. Like barnone said, that College/Career sub forum we had flopped. @Family Man had a good idea w/ the groups, someone else said official threads...Higher Learning could/should be used too, TLR is good too, thats where most people be at anyway.

Did anybody make a black history thread yet?

on Tuesday

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/black-history-appreciation.185840/

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I was thinking. A lot of us from that Jenny Pohl thread are gonna need a place to expand what we've done and plus we'd like the whole forum to be involved in it. Thinking it over, it's not bad to at least try it because I think enough people will contribute to it. I'll even try to find time to post news articles and I'm sure others will too. If something like this is gonna be done I think it's best to get it started tomorrow to see how it does for Black History Month plus it's prolly gonna bring even more traffic than if this sub-forum were created in another month of the year.

I'm down brehs. :ehh:

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
A Sub Forum in Higher Learning would be perfect. No trolls or Bullshyt allowed

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Nah, but you're promoting it the most and given history I had to ask :manny: With that said, I didn't even realize this was in Event Staff...no one will notice it in here

I think somebody else moved it to "Event Staff" ...because when the OP made the thread im pretty sure it was in TLR

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
our problem is we plan too much, we need to take action!

i am bursting with thread ideas to use....

including 2 websites to use for purchases African American books that are both Black owned....and not just some random site owned by some Jew in Great Neck,NY or something...So people like myself who felt "guilty" and "hypocritcal" for buying books on Black self consciousness on Amazon have an alternative online source..

and a thread on the history of lesser known West African countries like "Togo"(knew a guy last year in College who was fromt here) and "Gabon"....and what is our obsession on being more interested in "East Africa" from everything from only talking about Egyptian Pharoahs....to the "Serengeti" being where the "The Lion King" takes place ...to an East African language "Swahili" being the chosen language when Kwanzaa was created...to Rastafarians looking at "Ethiopia" as a "mecca" or whatever u want to say,etc...