Ill be getting more responders in the next couple of days

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Il

What does a mod get paid....or is that a misconception

Ill be getting more responders in the next couple of days
If this is a serious plan that's one thing. But your question is making this idea is start to come off weird and selfish like you're looking for a paycheck

concise

Veteran
Daps
I think this is a dope idea why not? If I understood it correctly you're suggesting a black history and current affair subforum? You got my vote. :ehh:

Also, In this black sub-forum, I don't want to see any discouraging stories. I want to hear great black innovators and leaders OVERCOMING their problem and to make all black readers feel good about themselves. I want to hear none of CACs this and that and how "the white man oppresses me and I can't do anything about it."

Just make a thread and keep at it, those who will follow will follow. Look at that gems mega-thread as an example. Click on some random page and you see that everyone already knows exactly what's going and they're always giving each othet feedback.

Family Man

Banned
Daps
I don't think we need a subforum for this. It would be better if the groups feature was used. It would allow us to police the forum without relying on a mod. Also, certain muthaphuckas couldn't even step foot into the group without being approved. There is already a Black Empowerment group. I can hand control of that group over to you and you run with it.

Last edited:

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If this is a serious plan that's one thing. But your question is making this idea is start to come off weird and selfish like you're looking for a paycheck

lol. his sense of humour is poor

I don't think we need a subforum for this. It would be better if the groups feature was used. It would allow us to police the forum without relying on a mod. Also, certain muthaphuckas couldn't even step foot into the group without being approved. There is already a Black Empowerment group. I can hand control of that group over to you and you run with it.

Elaborate on this Group format, I'm not aware.

Just make a thread and keep at it, those who will follow will follow. Look at that gems mega-thread as an example. Click on some random page and you see that everyone already knows exactly what's going and they're always giving each othet feedback.

We have an African History thead, that's dope I must say.

But considering the amount of threads that get posted in TLR/HL regarding Black History/ Black Community Current Affairs. It is more than plausible to say a sub section would get a substantial amount of traffic.

At any time, there are 2-4 Threads on Black History/ Black Community Current Affairs on "just" the First Page of TLR alone
. So there is no way we can say their isn't an appeal to the masses.

For my last point, it's Black History Month. How can the largest Black Owned Internet Forum not exalt their own Greatness, Racial Pride and Ancestors who paved the way for their existence today.

Last edited:

Family Man

Banned
Daps
lol. his sense of humour is poor

Elaborate on this Group format, I'm not aware.

But considering the amount of threads that get posted in TLR/HL regarding Black History/ Black Community Current Affairs. It is more than plausible to say a sub section would get a substantial amount of traffic.
At any time, there are 2-4 Threads on Black History/ Black Community Current Affairs on "just" the First Page of TLR alone. So there is no way we can say their isn't an appeal to the masses.

For my last point, it's Black History Month. How can the largest Black Owned Internet Forum not exalt their own Greatness, Racial Pride and Ancestors who paved the way for their existence today.
The groups format is basically mini forum that is created by the user. People submit requests to join your group or you can send invitations out. I think that's probably the most sensible approach to this issue. I would rather keep it small with quality and committed posters and grow it organically than to cast a wide net.
http://www.thecoli.com/xfa-groups-group/black-empowerment.6/group-detail

The site needs to do a better job at promoting the groups feature.

concise

Veteran
Daps

At any time, there are 2-4 Threads on Black History/ Black Community Current Affairs on "just" the First Page of TLR alone. So there is no way we can say their isn't an appeal to the masses.

red - Lots of people hating having their threads moved to other forums, even if they fit elsewhere. Posting stuff in subsections will put fewer eyes on those threads.
Another thing is that if it does take off, there is a great chance of trolls and provocateurs popping in and that it would need heavy moderation. Trolling a forum tends to be inevitable. People here tend to explode at even moderate moderation anywhere.

blue- Somehow, I highly doubt that this would be the largest.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
red - Lots of people hating having their threads moved to other forums, even if they fit elsewhere. Posting stuff in subsections will put fewer eyes on those threads.
Another thing is that if it does take off, there is a great chance of trolls and provocateurs popping in and that it would need heavy moderation. Trolling a forum tends to be inevitable. People here tend to explode at even moderate moderation anywhere.

blue- Somehow, I highly doubt that this would be the largest.

red- You can't compare those disgruntled posters having their threads moved to other forums in the same context of which we speak. Lets take the race track for example, posters felt like their threads were being pacified/subjugated so to speak. A Sub section Dedicated to "Uplifting our Nations Spirits" serves a different purpose. We can both agree on that

In replt to your comment on trolls/provocatuer, the keywords are if and chance. There wouldn't need to be heavy moderation, because we already can identify these trolls. With minor levels of organisation, we could form a "mass ignore rally" on said trolls/provocatuers and be done with.

blue- 'largest Black Owned Internet Forum' is the most miniscule point to question from a very important statement I made.

Last edited:

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

I can't believe u right now :beli: and I didn't make the thread...

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps

:lupe: while we are the subject of money you ever notice that the dudes making the most noise about this topic don't have supporter tag? They scream all day about group economics and all that jazz and how we the largest black forum too,but haven't supported the coli financially I wonder how many of them contributed to the the homey Smooth3d (RIP) (black poster) funeral cost like we did :lupe: