Black History/ Current Affairs section on the Coli

• Total voters

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Just make a thread. When threads get really large, the people who are deep in it always know what's going on.

You ever been on that assata forum recently? That site was hijacked around 07 or 08 by you know who, came back with like 90% of the history deleted and has been a shell ever since.

Wow, nah I haven't been back there in awhile. I kinda figured that would happen thats why I hardly posted.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If this were to work, there would be no needs for new moderators because it's not something all that difficult to moderate if we set guidelines on what type of discussion we're having. The problem is that whenever we make HL sub-forums no one posts in them. No one posted in the college and careers sub-forum, etc. People just migrate to where they're comfortable. Second, I made a thread about Gates' documentary on black americans running on PBS and no one was watching or commenting so eventually I just stopped posting up the episodes. All these things sound good in theory, but no one ever supports.

To @Black Reign 's point about "Race Track" being the equivalent of a race card sub-forum, that makes no sense whatsoever. The Race Track was created because of the numerous race threads that were of little substance that members complained about--most of which were bashing black women. It is a sub-forum of JBO (more or less a parody forum) for a reason. Again, this idea would work for about a week or two and then people would stop posting in it. On the other hand, it doesn't necessarily have to be a booming forum to be legitimate. Just one that people post in frequently enough. We can test case it, but I won't lie and tell you that I'm optimistic about it.

Judging by the amount of Topics on TLR regarding Positive Black Imagery/Conversation/History I'd say there'd definitely be more than enough traffic.

Or... For Black History Month

We could rename HL, sticky a couple positive threads on our people. In honour of our Great Ancestors who we wish to commemorate and see how it goes for the month.

@concise @Don Drogo @2Quik4UHoes @IronFist

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
What will make or break it will be the modding....I'd expect c00ns/cacs to actually get their post deleted regularly. White sites ban black posters for the smallest of issues. Hell, st0rmfr0nt doesn't even allow you to post before approved. But around here, you'll have topic after topic being derailed by fakes and trolls.

Exactly. There are way too many racists here (@Odyssey being one example) who make st0rmfr0nt-like comments and continue to do so for months without being banned. I definitely agree with the moderator approving the first comments of new users.

Daps
To really get it going, we need an encyclopedia part that talks about the lives and contributions of different black leaders and contributers to the African and Aftrican-American experience, with sources cited and everything. It has to be objective, andonly state the facts.
It'll be great for discussions, class projects, and to keep in line CERTAIN POSTERS who want to rank them like they rappers or athletes :stopitslime:. It can either be a set of stickies, or even a subsection.

concise

Veteran
Daps
Exactly. There are way too many racists here (@Odyssey being one example) who make st0rmfr0nt-like comments and continue to do so for months without being banned. I definitely agree with the moderator approving the first comments of new users.

Never heard of or seen that poster.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Also, In this black sub-forum, I don't want to see any discouraging stories. I want to hear great black innovators and leaders OVERCOMING their problem and to make all black readers feel good about themselves. I want to hear none of CACs this and that and how "the white man oppresses me and I can't do anything about it."

Last edited: