Message for Coli mods/admin etc Poll inside

Black History/ Current Affairs section on the Coli

• Total voters

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
If this were to work, there would be no needs for new moderators because it's not something all that difficult to moderate if we set guidelines on what type of discussion we're having. The problem is that whenever we make HL sub-forums no one posts in them. No one posted in the college and careers sub-forum, etc. People just migrate to where they're comfortable. Second, I made a thread about Gates' documentary on black americans running on PBS and no one was watching or commenting so eventually I just stopped posting up the episodes. All these things sound good in theory, but no one ever supports.

To @Black Reign 's point about "Race Track" being the equivalent of a race card sub-forum, that makes no sense whatsoever. The Race Track was created because of the numerous race threads that were of little substance that members complained about--most of which were bashing black women. It is a sub-forum of JBO (more or less a parody forum) for a reason. Again, this idea would work for about a week or two and then people would stop posting in it. On the other hand, it doesn't necessarily have to be a booming forum to be legitimate. Just one that people post in frequently enough. We can test case it, but I won't lie and tell you that I'm optimistic about it.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it would probably go to 2quik since he has a long history with this site and has put in work to get it started
I was on Sohh :flabbynsick:

Make whoever mod, aslong as they're fair. I'm more interested in seeing this happen tbh

Theres alot of threads regarding black history/current affairs in TLR/HL we definitely need to find some sort of balance

yo moms

drunk
Daps
If this were to work, there would be no needs for new moderators because it's not something all that difficult to moderate if we set guidelines on what type of discussion we're having. The problem is that whenever we make HL sub-forums no one posts in them. No one posted in the college and careers sub-forum, etc. People just migrate to where they're comfortable. Second, I made a thread about Gates' documentary on black americans running on PBS and no one was watching or commenting so eventually I just stopped posting up the episodes. All these things sound good in theory, but no one ever supports.

To @Black Reign 's point about "Race Track" being the equivalent of a race card sub-forum, that makes no sense whatsoever. The Race Track was created because of the numerous race threads that were of little substance that members complained about--most of which were bashing black women. It is a sub-forum of JBO (more or less a parody forum) for a reason. Again, this idea would work for about a week or two and then people would stop posting in it. On the other hand, it doesn't necessarily have to be a booming forum to be legitimate. Just one that people post in frequently enough. We can test case it, but I won't lie and tell you that I'm optimistic about it.

when will i be unbanned from higher learning? :why:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I imagine there's going to be threads based on people in history. Then you gotta figure if there's enough traffic we can get a book/movie/documentary thread going up for discussion, tips on travel, general ideas that people want to discuss, offline projects they're apart of, etc. As a stand alone forum it may not generate as much traffic as the main forums but some of the subs shouldnt even exist. I challenge anyone to go to the race track and tell me every thread there shouldnt be deleted

Nah, Race Track is needed simply for the service it provides for mods. In a way, this sub-forum can be the antithesis to Race Track. Doesn't sound like a bad idea, as long as there are people willing to contribute regularly it should work out. :manny:

charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey HawkSet ByrdGang
This is definitely not an attack on the Coli mods/admin cos you all do a great job. I be seeing them daps too :salute:

We need to start viewing ourselves as a Nation

On a forum dedicated to Palestinian Culture, you damn right they'd make a section strictly concerning their peoples, community and survival of their ethnic group.

We should be doing the same, too busy tryna make "non blacks" feel comfortable. While we're the ones under attack and have been for as long as history cares to remember

Lets make it happen!

P_36560299_1811121.JPG

Disclaimer: This is not a race thread, for the simple fact I love my people so much that any other race is irrelevant to me. I care not what they think or say, the concerns for the welfare of our community/ peoples/ mindstate does not need the approval of any other race!

@2Quik4UHoes @cole phelps @Matt504 @Grams @Fatboi1 @Inglewood @BonitaChelz @Kritic @lordAldon

this site is already dominated and infested with the same circular, rambling, ignorant race discussions everyday in a bunch of forums

why create another one just for that purpose

concise

Veteran
Daps
The only problem I can foresee is its easy for information to get lost in a thread if there's already a discussion going on and you try to introduce something new. I say roll out a sub-forum of HL for 2 weeks and see what kind of traffic can be generated then go from there

Just make a thread. When threads get really large, the people who are deep in it always know what's going on.

You have a point. But then you gotta wonder. How much traffic can be brought into that section, what will be the main topics. different things like that. I know Assata Shakur got a forum dedicated to her so maybe that can be a sample for what the sub-forum could be like. If this is gonna be done then it'd be best to know what will be the subjects of daily discussion.

You ever been on that assata forum recently? That site was hijacked around 07 or 08 by you know who, came back with like 90% of the history deleted and has been a shell ever since.