Menace II Society: Did Caine actually have an epiphany and evolve past street sh1t before he died?

Boyz N the Hood vs Menace II Society?

• Boyz N the Hood

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • Menace II Society

Votes: 49 76.6%

• Total voters

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I saw Menace before I saw a lot hood/gangster flicks and the thing that always caught me was how casual murder was in the flick. It was like it was no big deal. That always stuck with me for some reason.

I think Caines head was in the right place when he was trying to leave but he had traveled to far down down that slippery slope and there was no coming out of it.

Last edited:

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
....and imo Shareefs death was more tragic, cause he was actually a good dude who didn't do dirt, killed for simply being affiliated with dudes that did. :snoop:

...but Shareef is the only one in BOTH MOVIES. Remember Caine said Shareef was "an ex-knucklehead"? In Boyz, he was still bangin:

Karma always catches up to folks....

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
and imo Shareefs death was more tragic, cause he was actually a good dude who didn't do dirt, killed for simply being affiliated with dudes that did. :snoop:
Shariff used to bang but he found Islam.

More than likely childhood friends so he wasnt going to stop kicking it.

Remember when he took them to talk to his pops..he used to be into that crazy stuff Caine and O Dog where into.

So really he knew the possibilities of death hanging around active friends who put in work.

b. woods

Peace
Daps
I wonder if Keisha ever brought Mr. Butler a plate of bbq. :patrice:

O-Dog: HEY, KEISHA?! :gladbron:

Keisha: HUH?! :dwillhuh:

O-Dog: KEISHA?! :gladbron:

Keisha: WHAT, nikka?!! :what:

O-Dog: BRING MR. BUTLER A PLATE! :myman:

Mr. Butler: A NICE-SIZE PLATE, KEISHA. :obama:

(later)

Mr. Butler: That girl a lil slow on that food, huh? :francis:

O-Dog: HEY, KEISHA?! :thisdudehere:

Keisha: WHAT?!! :what:

O-Dog: BRING THE MUTHAfukkIN PLATE!!! :stopitslime:

Mr: Butler: :gucci:

O-Dog: :whoa: Excuse my language.

:russ:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
O-Dog: HEY, KEISHA?! :gladbron:

Keisha: HUH?! :dwillhuh:

O-Dog: KEISHA?! :gladbron:

Keisha: WHAT, nikka?!! :what:

O-Dog: BRING MR. BUTLER A PLATE! :myman:

Mr. Butler: A NICE-SIZE PLATE, KEISHA. :obama:

(later)

Mr. Butler: That girl a lil slow on that food, huh? :francis:

O-Dog: HEY, KEISHA?! :thisdudehere:

Keisha: WHAT?!! :what:

O-Dog: BRING THE MUTHAfukkIN PLATE!!! :stopitslime:

Mr: Butler: :gucci:

O-Dog: :whoa: Excuse my language.

:russ:

Some say Mr. Butler is still sitting there and waiting for his plate. :to:

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
nikka Boyz N The Hood can’t compare to the greates movie of all time. Shareef pops dropped more gems in one scene than Tre dad did the whole movie.

That nikka Tre was a bytch, so how good of a father was that nikka Laurence Fishburn? This bytch nikka crying to get p*ssy acting all soft and shyt. Went on a mission with the homies knowing damn well he wasn’t bout that shyt then told nikkas to let him out in the middle of the fukking mission. Should have shot his bytch ass for playing. His daddy raised a hoe. nikka lied to his dad about getting p*ssy.

Menace was real. Who knows if Caine had turned all the way around. Probably not. He had enough sense to go to Atlanta and try to get away but that nikka was young and p*ssy whipped like my nikka O Dog said so that was a part of it. He still was a G. I could see that nikka going to Atlanta and getting on some street shyt. Think this nikka was gon work at McDonalds:mjlol: Just like it he would have went to Kansas with Stacy and Shareef. He probably would had a trap booming out that bytch. But Menace was realistic. nikkas don’t change overnight. It showed you life is fukked up. The harsh realities of the hood. How O Dog was still standing out of everybody? Boyz N the Hood on the other hand had the lil Ricky shyt but that movie don’t deserved to be mentioned with Menace. Menace should have won the Oscar but they don’t wanna recognize greatness

This post :scust:

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember as a kid preferring Menace over Boyz N The Hood simply because it seemed Menace was more lit because it had more violence, cursing and street sh1t.

But looking back on it I'm not sure if Caine actually learned any lessons at all. He just did a lot of dumb sh1t and then got killed.

:patrice:

And all this took place after the opening scene where O dog shot the Chinese store owners

The overall ending and message in Boyz N the Hood was 10x better (Which is be a father to your child and the morals and wisdom you teach him will stick with him forever and help rise above the bullsh1t)

its also ironic that Pac was fired from this film when the ending pretty much ended the same way Pac's real life did (getting killed after stomping some breh out)

and imo Shareefs death was more tragic, cause he was actually a good dude who didn't do dirt, killed for simply being affiliated with dudes that did. :snoop:

Still a hood classic but its no way in hell a better film than Boyz N The Hood

Furious was dropping gems throughout, Lawrence Fishburne should have won an Oscar

That's what you got from Boys in the Hood?:mjlol:.. The kid with no father was about to go to college on a scholarship.. He was with dude that had a good father when ge got shot it could had been any one of them..

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I saw Menace before I saw a lot hood/gangster flicks and the thing that always caught me was how casual murder was in the flick. It was like it was no big deal. That always stuck with me for some reason.
That’s how it is in Oakland, murders rarely get solved