Menace II Society: Did Caine actually have an epiphany and evolve past street sh1t before he died?

Boyz N the Hood vs Menace II Society?

• Boyz N the Hood

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • Menace II Society

Votes: 49 76.6%

• Total voters
Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
Was Caine in the video of the robbery? If so, he would have never got away once that tape made it to the police. They got O-Dog comitting a double murder/robbery. Caine would’ve been charged with accessory. He was fukked either way.
Damn, didn't even peep that

His life was literally over ether way within the first 5 minutes of the film and he didn't even know it

:mjcry:

Last edited:

Money Be Green

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Pitts
nikka Boyz N The Hood can’t compare to the greates movie of all time. Shareef pops dropped more gems in one scene than Tre dad did the whole movie.

That nikka Tre was a bytch, so how good of a father was that nikka Laurence Fishburn? This bytch nikka crying to get p*ssy acting all soft and shyt. Went on a mission with the homies knowing damn well he wasn’t bout that shyt then told nikkas to let him out in the middle of the fukking mission. Should have shot his bytch ass for playing. His daddy raised a hoe. nikka lied to his dad about getting p*ssy.

Menace was real. Who knows if Caine had turned all the way around. Probably not. He had enough sense to go to Atlanta and try to get away but that nikka was young and p*ssy whipped like my nikka O Dog said so that was a part of it. He still was a G. I could see that nikka going to Atlanta and getting on some street shyt. Think this nikka was gon work at McDonalds:mjlol: Just like it he would have went to Kansas with Stacy and Shareef. He probably would had a trap booming out that bytch. But Menace was realistic. nikkas don’t change overnight. It showed you life is fukked up. The harsh realities of the hood. How O Dog was still standing out of everybody? Boyz N the Hood on the other hand had the lil Ricky shyt but that movie don’t deserved to be mentioned with Menace. Menace should have won the Oscar but they don’t wanna recognize greatness

:bryan:goat username

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
nikka Boyz N The Hood can’t compare to the greates movie of all time. Shareef pops dropped more gems in one scene than Tre dad did the whole movie.

That nikka Tre was a bytch, so how good of a father was that nikka Laurence Fishburn? This bytch nikka crying to get p*ssy acting all soft and shyt. Went on a mission with the homies knowing damn well he wasn’t bout that shyt then told nikkas to let him out in the middle of the fukking mission. Should have shot his bytch ass for playing. His daddy raised a hoe. nikka lied to his dad about getting p*ssy.

Menace was real. Who knows if Caine had turned all the way around. Probably not. He had enough sense to go to Atlanta and try to get away but that nikka was young and p*ssy whipped like my nikka O Dog said so that was a part of it. He still was a G. I could see that nikka going to Atlanta and getting on some street shyt. Think this nikka was gon work at McDonalds:mjlol: Just like it he would have went to Kansas with Stacy and Shareef. He probably would had a trap booming out that bytch. But Menace was realistic. nikkas don’t change overnight. It showed you life is fukked up. The harsh realities of the hood. How O Dog was still standing out of everybody? Boyz N the Hood on the other hand had the lil Ricky shyt but that movie don’t deserved to be mentioned with Menace. Menace should have won the Oscar but they don’t wanna recognize greatness

I would say the opposite actually.

Menace was more sensationalized, you could argue that it's more action/excitement but it's not a better film, at all. And not just because of the

200.gif

The characters didn't have nearly the amount of dimension/nuance. It's the reason Pac ended up getting fired because he peeped how much of a caricature they made Shareef as the supposed voice of reason. Ain't nobody in the hood listening to some bean pie eatin ass nikka hiding behind his daddy while he lectures their friends. He had no respect, no real purpose or drive other than to be contrast when he should have been more important to the story. Preach from don't be a menace had more depth than the nikka he was a parody of, seriously.

When Dough was playing that role, people listened because he was still in the mix. I grew up around nikkas like Dough, street nikkas that knew better/could do better, could give you all the angles but couldn't get passed their complex and short sightedness.

In comparison, the most compelling character in Menace was O and it was for surface level, action movie reasons.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
There was a clear message. It showed where Caine came from through his youth to where he was now and it spelled out that he ain't never really have a chance to begin with. He had grandparents but he wasn't tryna hear all that Bible talk.

Dad was a crack dealer, Mom was a thot/addict, had dudes puttin brew in his baby bottle, he was totin pistols at 5.. Yeah, ronnie was his "out" plan but it was too late by that point, it was ALWAYS too late. Since 5-years old it was too late. And that's how it be.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always say Menace was the "Goodfellas", to Boyz' "Godfather". Menace was more gritty, and raw while Boyz was a bit more Hollywood and glossy. I think they both work well as companion pieces because they show two different outcomes to the hood life. You get the teen who manages to make it out, and you get the teen who doesn't.

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Menace was better directed and was more 'cinematic' which is exactly why i feel Boyz N Tha Hood delivers it's message bettter. Menace is showing u Dooughboys way of seeing things whereas Boyz is showing u all.aspects of folks who live in the hood.

Every bad thing that happens in Boyz is shown and depicted in a heavy dramatic tone whereas in Menace.... everything Caine does that's fukked up is depicted in stylish fashion [even the scene where he car jacks dude is played out in a dark comedic way.]. In alot o ways this method works because he's a young dude in his late teens living fast and can't see anything beyond the hood and he pays for all of his bad deeds in the end but even THAT is done n a stylish/cinematic way.

Jacaveli The Don

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#NarcissistGang
Menace doesn’t hold up as well as Boyz imo. The acting is horrible especially from Caine. Major plot holes. And let’s be real. You didn’t root for the main protag

NO WAY

It's the other way round for me, "Boyz" is way too corny in a lot of parts, "Menace" was an eye opener when it first came out

I'm not gonna deny that Caine's acting wasn't horrible though lol but Cuba was straight trash in a lot of "Boyz"