Men are afraid of confronting other men.

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
Depending on the situation, I'd say most wives and children would be honored to say that their father/husband died doing the right noble thing showing a display of courage to stand up for people who can't help themselves.

Similar to a police officer or security guard who dies defending or saving someone's life, the only difference is that they have authority but still the same outcome.

It'd be sad and tragic but at the same time he'd be somewhat of a hero and celebrated in the eyes of many, it just depends on the hows and whys that led to his death.

At the end of the day, it takes heart, courage, and complete mental toughness to intervene in any situation so I can understand if some men just aren't up to the task for reasons mentioned, among other things because it's not an easy thing to do for anybody.
Here is the problem with your analogy. A police officer/security guard is paid to do that. That is their job. What you are asking of men with families to support is to risk their lives for someone who quite possible could be the very cause of the encounter you see happening.

A married man's loyalties should be to his wife, children, family, and friends. Only a fool is out here jumping into situations to defend the honor of someone when they have no clue if that person is innocent or not. What a smart man does is call in the ones whom are paid to do that (Police/Security), and then go back to protecting their own family.

Feelings of pride do not pay bills, do not raise children, do not comfort wives, do not do anything but give a short term mental boost. After that, the reality of the loss sinks in, because that loss can be catastrophic to the wellbeing of the family. When you have people that depend on you, you make sure you honor your obligations to them first.

DatNkkaCutty

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@ PA
I'm not afraid to confront other men...I'm just aware of what it could escalate to, and been off the porch long enough to recognize, "minding your neck". Sometimes you gotta avoid confrontation, cuz you're definitely getting tricked out your freedom, depending on how you're wired. I know I'd be quick to escalate (specifically on our own ppl) sadly, cuz I don't trust nkkas. :mjpls:

In other words, I don't trust how far the next nkka is willin to take it, therefore putting me in a precarious situation, where I may feel like I need to UP it first. I aint got time to do mental-gymnastics about what the next man will do. I'm late 30s now, and happy to have made it this far. I ain got time to be rollin around w/ another man, nor walkin around wit active beef, so unless its really about somethin...my lady, my kids (kids in general), relatives, inner circle, or the elderly, I'm keepin shyt pushin. :manny:

And interfering in domestic-disputes will get you laid down. Outside of a relative, who I'd be willin to escalate or get hurt over, I'm mindin my neck!

Last edited:

ApolloStark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not afraid to confront other men...I'm just well aware of what it could escalate to, and been off the porch long enough to recognize, "minding your neck". Sometimes you gotta avoid confrontation, cuz you're definitely getting tricked out your freedom, depending on how you're wired. I know I'd be quick to escalate (specifically on our own ppl) sadly, cuz I don't trust nkkas. :mjpls:

In other words, I don't trust how far the next nkka is willin to take it, therefore putting me in a precarious situation, where I may feel like I need to UP it first. I aint got time to do mental-gymnastics about what the next man will do. I'm late 30s now, and happy to have made it this far. I ain got time to be rollin around w/ another man, nor walkin around wit active beef, so unless its really about somethin...my lady, my kids (kids in general), relatives, inner circle, or the elderly, I'm keepin shyt pushin. :manny:

And interfering in domestic-disputes will get you laid down. Outside of a relative, who I'd be willin to escalate or get hurt over, I'm mindin my neck!

Preach

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Depending on the situation, I'd say most wives and children would be honored to say that their father/husband died doing the right noble thing showing a display of courage to stand up for people who can't help themselves.

Similar to a police officer or security guard who dies defending or saving someone's life, the only difference is that they have authority but still the same outcome.

It'd be sad and tragic but at the same time he'd be somewhat of a hero and celebrated in the eyes of many, it just depends on the hows and whys that led to his death.

At the end of the day, it takes heart, courage, and complete mental toughness to intervene in any situation so I can understand if some men just aren't up to the task for reasons mentioned, among other things because it's not an easy thing to do for anybody.

This,my heart wouldnt allow a little girl to get attacked because "I have a wife and kids at home". If your a man you should have some kind of gut feeling urging you to intervene in certain situations. Im not telling men not to use discernment. I would never just jump right in to every situation. If a woman is clearly the cause of the problem,i might sit back and let a man get a smack off. But im not letting no man stonecold stomp a mudhole in a woman in front of me:mjlol:

When men confront women,scream at them,assault them? They are disrespecting and g checking every man in that room.

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Clickbait. For every video like this there are thousands of videos of random people sticking up for each other.
Men were keeping the peace and one of them was ready to take off on him if he took it there. When people say men don't confront other men they mean men aren't playing crash dummies for women they don't know which upsets them.

DatNkkaCutty

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@ PA
This,my heart wouldnt allow a little girl to get attacked because "I have a wife and kids at home". If your a man you should have some kind of gut feeling urging you to intervene in certain situations. Im not telling men not to use discernment. I would never just jump right in to every situation. If a woman is clearly the cause of the problem,i might sit back and let a man get a smack off. But im not letting no man stonecold stomp a mudhole in a woman in front of me:mjlol:

When men confront women,scream at them,assault them? They are disrespecting and g checking every man in that room.

Speak for yourself "Joe Samaritan". :mjlol:

That's your own insecurities talkin, if you feel like you're in the corner watchin, :lupe:wit your cape tucked in.

I'm the other guy, thinkin homie better keep that shyt over there. :unimpressed:

Again...I'm not saying I'm gonna sit back and watch a woman, child, or elderly person get beaten, but EVERY situation stands on its own. Depending on what led up to it, the environment, ETC I still might mind my business. When it comes to women today (white, black, yellow, etc), 9/10 of em probably had it coming, cuz they were attempting to project masculine energy, instead of carrying it like a LADY. Everyone is not for saving JOE SAMARITAN. :umad:

Last edited:

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps

Man this ain't the 1960s

The only people that would care would be your loved ones, your wife would be forced to move on quickly as she got bills and priorities and the world would still move. Ain't no nobility in death, life moves on

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
As a NYer you'd be out your fukking mind to think Ima jump into an argument on the train. And I only watched a few seconds of the video but I heard shorty talking bout she gonna fukk dude up.

Had he slapped the fire outta her I woulda stepped over her like AI did Ty Lue and hopped off the 2 train.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
We need to be a better example than this. They’re acting like the man started beating on women or something.. There was literally two dudes standing there holding them back. No need to escalate that shyt more on that packed ass train