Meg The Stallion twerking in ATL

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
This is embarrassing. Kamala has to separate herself from this ratchetness ASAP. Can you imagine the Trump ads on this shyt?

She can’t.

She stepped in doing the Cabbage Patch and the Nae Nae and probably polled higher shucking and jiving for Joe than she did back when she was running against him (and others) for the nomination and polling at 1-2%

It became her bread and butter because people damn sure didn’t want to hear anything she has to say — and they don’t in present day.

So now that she’s basically the nominee, it’s time for others (black celebs) to get out on the campaign trail and do the same song and dance (literally) that she did for Joe. Because no one wants to see their presidential nominee doing the Cha Cha Slide — until the polls “say” so.

It’s wild because only with us can this level of pandering be pulled off so masterfully and repeatedly. Because something tells me when it’s time to sit with some leaders from a random city’s Chinatown business district, Megan won’t be part of the delegation.

Last edited:

rabbid

Superstar
Daps

fiddy.gif

Daps
Well when black folk care more about the color of her spouse than her actual policies this is what she gives yall. I bet most black folk dont know shyt about kamala other than her parent’s and husband’s race like that means a single thing smh

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
So it seems like Beats by Dre went out of their way to get this commercial completely wiped from the internet but this dude still has it in his video

Starts at 40 seconds

Breh this video is impossible to find online

Been trying to find it and shows how tone deaf everyone involved in this shīt was/is. As if a “clap back” is the one poignant gesture that can finally “release” us from the vestiges of confederate supremacy, legacy — and potential dominance had they won the war

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
They serve this to us because that's what they know we pay most of our attention to. Rappers and athletes.
:jbhmm:Actually, no. These last few election cycles have taught me that plenty of bp care about real issues.

What we have now are 'respectable negroes' quite forcefully quelling the concerns of regular bp. Look around, when was the last time the black community was able to successfully use social censure against something harmful to us? But! What we can do, apparently, is viciously shut down political dissidents within our ranks. It's an interesting time. Almost like the period right before the CRM got into full swing, when MLK and them were pushing back against their incrementalist og's.

omnifax

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kalamazoo, MI #ADOS
:jbhmm:Actually, no. These last few election cycles have taught me that plenty of bp care about real issues.

What we have now are 'respectable negroes' quite forcefully quelling the concerns of regular bp. Look around, when was the last time the black community was able to successfully use social censure against something harmful to us? But! What we can do, apparently, is viciously shut down political dissidents within our ranks. It's an interesting time. Almost like the period right before the CRM got into full swing, when MLK and them were pushing back against their incrementalist og's.

You may be right in that we are experiencing an uptick in more black people concerned (I would argue since covid) but we didn't get this type of politics out of the blue. Sure there are gate keeper elites like Roland Martin but there are also people like Charlamagne that have used our focus on hip hop to feed us bad politics just like this. Remember Hilary's hot sauce in her bag or her dancing with Roland? They launder this stuff through our fixation with black celebrity.

I'm not convinced that we aren't repeating these same mistakes with Kamala. She doesn't even have an agenda on her web page and people aren't pressing her for one. This is a really crucial moment to be able to pin her down on some issues and at least try to get some policy prescriptions besides Roe v Wade but I'm not seeing any of that.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Was she sitting down here? Do repubs sit down w/ asians? My po8nt is their rallies are equally dumbed down for appeasement. To inject asians in the context of which we're applying criticism is a double standard
  1. Who cares what Republicans do? We don't vote for them. You all have to recognize "b-b-but Republicans" all day screams shill, and is basically admiting you have no argument.
  2. Their rallies have fukkery, but ONLY do Black people get fukkery and no policy.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
You may be right in that we are experiencing an uptick in more black people concerned (I would argue since covid) but we didn't get this type of politics out of the blue. Sure there are gate keeper elites like Roland Martin but there are also people like Charlamagne that have used our focus on hip hop to feed us bad politics just like this. Remember Hilary's hot sauce in her bag or her dancing with Roland? They launder this stuff through our fixation with black celebrity.

I'm not convinced that we aren't repeating these same mistakes with Kamala. She doesn't even have an agenda on her web page and people aren't pressing her for one. This is a really crucial moment to be able to pin her down on some issues and at least try to get some policy prescriptions besides Roe v Wade but I'm not seeing any of that.
Of course, "we're" repeating the same mistakes with Kamala, because we're being led by her sorors. :skip: I have a bunch in my family, totally gung ho about her and capable of wielding institutional support for her (and against our interests- they threw my mother out the group chat :pachaha:).

The process is moving along as one would expect, slowly, but I'm actually (pleasantly) surprised to see so much progress. Literally, just electing her and letting these black super-Dems show they ass defending her is all that's needed to sway another generation of black voters. We just have to hope we make it that long.