Meg The Stallion twerking in ATL

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I mean yeah but...:manny: cacs gon cac bruh...:dead:
It’s exactly the same thing bruh. It’s worse when you use old out of date celebrities though. People don’t say the Republicans aren’t serious or whatever people are saying about Meg at the Kamala rally. Keep in mind Trump is trying to get back in there. I mean he had Dana White bring him to the stage :mjlol:

Harry Sax

Formally mr 321
Daps
Separate from it?

Nah. She need to get in on the action like George Bush

09bc916e25a5340f2f7f7d2b775123de.gif
Lul bush low key going down as the goat president of our generation

omnifax

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kalamazoo, MI #ADOS
It's intentional. The Boule class negroes have done this for hundreds of years. They were bred to be sellout and sheepherders. Look at all the shills and various minor celebrities beating you in the head and shaming/browbeating people to vote Dem for nothing. Almost all belong to a frat/sorority, or Black bougie organization.

I wouldn't even have as much of a problem with them being boule if they had an actual attachment to policy. What I'm getting at is where is the discernment that says "hey those people know what they are talking about because they helped get these policies or legislature passed" or they are consistently advocating for policy. At the very least you have a baseline to assess them by.

For example here in Michigan whenever it came around time to vote particularly for statewide and national elections my dad would always find out who the UAW was endorsing. He was never a unionized worker as he worked for whirlpool most of his life but he respected their opinion based on a track record of them backing candidates whose policies were favorable to unions. We as a group have that same kind of reverence for black celebrity when it comes to politics when they have no history of real engagement or expertise.

Man I just remembered the whole Diddy vote or die stuff and look where he at!

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
Well, look, this is a way to appeal to younger and up-and-coming voters, not seasoned longtime mid-age voters.

Younger voters (younger people in general) are often influenced by celebrities, athletes, artists, and idols who they may look up to...since this is Atlanta which has a pretty young demographic it makes sense why they brought Meg there however what Megan should've did instead of perform was give insight and perspective on her political views and why she thinks it's important to vote and particularly why she's supporting Kamala in the upcoming election, y'know a little monologue

That's something that I'm sure the people in attendance would have been intrigued to hear rather than seeing her perform. The issue isn't that rappers are used for appearances at political rallies, etc the problem is that we (generally speaking) don't know anything about them outside of their rap personality, if more music artists actually gave the fans/viewers insight on who they are and their perspectives on political matters the reception would be different.

Take artists like Ice Cube, Tupac, etc for example...Cube (a gangsta rapper) always gave an insight into what his perspective was revolving around politics, race, etc. Pac, when he was alive, expressed how he felt on certain topics; they weren't always in their rap persona but let the fans/viewers see the “everyday” side of them, a lot of artists nowadays tend to be in their rap personas 24/7 so we never really know much else about them besides the character on the musical track.

Last edited: