Meg The Stallion twerking in ATL

Buzzed Lightyear

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Add Kamala Harris to the list with Derrick Jaxn, Carlee Russell, Ace Metaphor, Yoda, Roda Osman, & Rose Miller that preyed on the emotions & naivety of black women for their own personal benefit.
:francis:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Well, look, this is a way to appeal to younger and up-and-coming voters, not seasoned longtime mid-age voters.

Younger voters (younger people in general) are often influenced by celebrities, athletes, artists, and idols who they may look up to...since this is Atlanta which has a pretty young demographic it makes sense why they brought Meg there however what Megan should've did instead of perform was give insight and perspective on her political views and why she thinks it's important to vote and particularly why she's supporting Kamala in the upcoming election, y'know a little monologue

That's something that I'm sure the people in attendance would have been intrigued to hear rather than seeing her perform. The issue isn't that rappers are used for appearances at political rallies, etc the problem is that we (generally speaking) don't know anything about them outside of their rap personality, if more music artists actually gave the fans/viewers insight on who they are and their perspectives on political matters the reception would be different.

Take artists like Ice Cube, Tupac, etc for example...Cube (a gangsta rapper) always gave an insight into what his perspective was revolving around politics, race, etc. Pac, when he was alive, expressed how he felt on certain topics; they weren't always in their rap persona but let the fans/viewers see the “everyday” side of them, a lot of artists nowadays tend to be in their rap personas 24/7 so we never really know much else about them besides the character on the musical track.
She probably has no perspective. She raps about her p*ssy and is drunk all the time. This is a check and some exposure.
This shyt obviously appeals to a certain demographic that's why they keep doing it. You can keep being delusional and act otherwise. Get mad at your neighbors not the politicians.
No, this is the same tired play of symbolism and entertainment instead of policy. This isn't going to convince anyone that wasn't already leaning that way. In today's climate, it may have the opposite effect, a lot of Black people are tired of this shyt. She can pull this garbage, but still has no policies on her website, and has stated none except abortions.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Body goals 🤷🏾‍♀️

But yea this is a bit much for a political campaign :huhldup:

Beyoncé ain’t do stuff like this when she performed for politicians :martin:

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
This is embarrassing. Kamala has to separate herself from this ratchetness ASAP. Can you imagine the Trump ads on this shyt?

Almost everyone voting for Trump already knows they’re voting for him. They knew in 2022.

If shyt like this can mobilize 100,000 18-23 year olds nationwide to vote Democrat, when they wouldn’t have voted for anyone in the first place, they’ll take that in exchange for the couple hundred people who see this in a Trump ad and say ‘ok now I’m out on Kamala’

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
:snoop:

Black people are going out sad
Its not even about Dems or Repubs that got me

Repubs had white ass Ambor Rose talking at their rally with a whole tattoo on her forhead talking about grifting Trump supporters because of Wiz.. cool

Now you got this chick clapping it up representing black folks/music here like :snoop:

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Daps
Lot of disingenuous and faulty logic in here. The "well Trump had kid rock!" argument is retarded. So the fukk what if he had Trump? Are the Dems trying to be like Republicans or trying to be Democrats? Be fukking serious about the election you claim will be the most important in history. Treat black people with some damn dignity and intelligence. We don't want or need rappers talking to us and twerking. We need thought leaders and union representatives speaking. Bring out frat and soror celebs. Anything but this dumb shyt

Almost everyone voting for Trump already knows they’re voting for him. They knew in 2022.

If shyt like this can mobilize 100,000 18-23 year olds nationwide to vote Democrat, when they wouldn’t have voted for anyone in the first place, they’ll take that in exchange for the couple hundred people who see this in a Trump ad and say ‘ok now I’m out on Kamala’
The fact that you think Meg twerking will mobilize 100k youth voters, a bloc notorious for not voting, is insane. :what:

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
Lot of disingenuous and faulty logic in here. The "well Trump had kid rock!" argument is retarded. So the fukk what if he had Trump? Are the Dems trying to be like Republicans or trying to be Democrats? Be fukking serious about the election you claim will be the most important in history. Treat black people with some damn dignity and intelligence. We don't want or need rappers talking to us and twerking. We need thought leaders and union representatives speaking. Bring out frat and soror celebs. Anything but this dumb shyt

The fact that you think Meg twerking will mobilize 100k youth voters, a bloc notorious for not voting, is insane. :what:

You’re the one being disingenuous here. Meg the Stallion specifically isn’t gonna mobilize anybody, nobody’s saying that. But campaign events with actual excitement, filled with other people their age who are excited about a candidate and movement that finally doesn’t remind them of their grandparents? Yes bro that is exactly the shyt that convinces random 19 year olds to register to vote instead of staying at home.

Also interesting that you think I’m only talking about black folks :mjpls:Plenty of different people in that crowd yesterday. Part of the reason Obama won in ‘08 was because he did better than traditional democrats in the 18-25 white male demographic.

Obama won 54% of young white voters in 2008. That’s a better election performance in Young White males than any Democrat 30 years before Obama. Young people saw a fresh new candidate who had some ideals and they responded. Read this then tell me about disingenuous.

There was a lot more than just black folks in the crowd yesterday. It was filled with young people in general. And I guarantee you it wasn’t just the black kids there who enjoyed seeing Meg and Quavo there.

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Daps
You’re the one being disingenuous here. Meg the Stallion specifically isn’t gonna mobilize anybody, nobody’s saying that. But campaign events with actual excitement, filled with other people their age who are excited about a candidate and movement that finally doesn’t remind them of their grandparents? Yes bro that is exactly the shyt that convinces random 19 year olds to register to vote instead of staying at home.

Also interesting that you think I’m only talking about black folks :mjpls:Plenty of different people in that crowd yesterday. Part of the reason Obama won in ‘08 was because he did better than traditional democrats in the 18-25 white male demographic.

Obama won 54% of young white voters in 2008. That’s a better election performance in Young White males than any Democrat 30 years before Obama. Young people saw a fresh new candidate who had some ideals and they responded. Read this then tell me about disingenuous.

There was a lot more than just black folks in the crowd yesterday. It was filled with young people in general. And I guarantee you it wasn’t just the black kids there who enjoyed seeing Meg and Quavo there.
I wasn't referring to you in the sentence above your quote on black people.

You were replying to a guy criticizing this Meg the stallion part, specifically. What else could you be arguing for if not that, in a thread like this? It's axiomatic to state that a rally will galvanize a base. What is in the rally is another point entirely and the crux of the guy you're quoting's argument

NeoSeeker

GOAT human
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

Agreed.

I think some of us are used to certain behaviors from politicians that are becoming outdated, thanks to the likes of Trump and other Republithugs. I see this as another sign that societal norms are changing.