Meet Sling TV: Internet TV for $20 a month. Incl. Disney Channel, ESPN, and ESPN2 and more..

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Most of the things you listed have no advertisements :dead:
v8ccqht.jpg
You said "No one is going to make shows if everyone gets it for free" shows live and die depending on the viewers they get so they can sell advertisements...it's big money; ask Google.

My advertisement remark was in relation to the post you were responding to, not my post about the premium services I get for free.

Not sure your end game in all of this but :camby:

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
You said "No one is going to make shows if everyone gets it for free" shows live and die depending on the viewers they get so they can sell advertisements...it's big money; ask Google.

My advertisement remark was in relation to the post you were responding to, not my post about the premium services I get for free.

Not sure your end game in all of this but :camby:

Im just trying to understand the mindset of people who think like you. :heh:
Google makes money off the data which companies pay for, and not advertisement.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
funny thing is alot of those channels already have an app/website that let you stream their broadcast/watch they shows for free. some require you to provide cable log in info tho.

-DMP-
yeah I grabbed my parents time warner info, and use the app in roku....combined with netflix/hulu/hbogo(cousins account) Im straight....if there is a big game I cant view ill just walk across the street and watch at a bar

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
How do i think, and what do you want to know exactly?

A lot of people don't think outside the box. They just go with what they know and never question it. That's why cable's model has survived this long and continues to survive even though everything is available for free. And better. The internet shyts all over traditional cable.

The funny thing is, if the industry (tv, hollywood and music) would smarten up and recognize not only what is happening but what could be happening, they could still make a killing, probably with a lot less effort too.

This is an attempt by a company to try a new business model. It's a step in the right direction. But really, this should have been introduced at least 10 years ago. Every one of these executives in these industries should be fired and forced to perform ritualistic Japanese suicides for their ineptitude.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I want true a la carte. I wish it wasn't an "impossibility." :mjcry:
The problem with that is a lot of the channels people like would die off if they weren't tethered to the most popular channels. If Disney didn't force cable providers to take ABC Family to get a better rate on ESPN and everybody got to pick and choose ABC Family might not even exist anymore (just a made up example)
funny thing is alot of those channels already have an app/website that let you stream their broadcast/watch they shows for free. some require you to provide cable log in info tho.

-DMP-
That's not free. It's like On Demand in that it's part of your cable subscription. The cost is rolled in there.

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I visited this booth at ces, no more comcast or uverse for me, has everything i need:banderas:

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I have a friend who uses USTVNow.com and swears by it. I've never used it personally but apparently its available for multiple devices.