Meccapolis Top 100 NY Hip Hop Albums List (Full List In OP)

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
You are an oldhead you said you was there when a 1992 album dropped. That makes you an oldhead

And everybody who is in the Meccapolis team is 30 and older. You’re making assumptions

This is a Ny Hip Hop list. Not a general Hip Hop list. You named 4 producers who are not from NYC. What they was influenced by is irrelevant to the list

You’re basically overreacting that’s all. Because at the end of the day if the list was extended to 150 it’d be on there

The albums you call mid are classics to other NYC’ers. Your opinion is your opinion only. And it’s valid but this thing yall do when yall overreact as if I got an A Boogie album over a Nas album is corny. You’ll be ok

Late 30's is an "old head" now? LOL!!

Like I said, the internet is a wild place. And no, Meccapolis had young interns working for free for merch and sh*t like that. One minute you speak on impact, then the next you talk about who's not from a place. Impact isn't limited to a city. If people outside of the area where something dropped are speaking to how influential something was for them, wouldn't that speak to how impactful the sh*t was if it reached well beyond where it originated?

If Dilla is in Detroit, Ye is in Chicago and Pharrell is in VA, and they're citing a NY classic as what influenced them, that CLEARLY speaks to how impactful it was! It wasn't just a NY thing. Everybody knows SBHH is one of the best ever, bro. That's not up for debate.

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
I had a "chalked" ID if u not what that is, but hating ass bouncers got hip 2 that....then we got plugged in with "Real" IDs after that :wow:

Yea I was in a lot of spots early cause of my siblings....but they never gave me a tunnel pass.

shyt sounded dope but I wonder if the stories over-rated it....either way I got to experience the last tru club era so I cant complain.

The stories are accurate, lol.

You'd see the hottest chicks in the city there. You could hear what the dope songs of the time were gonna be ahead of them blowing up. But you could also get robbed or stomped out if you were corny or a herb. So it was all of the best parts of Hip Hop happening in there. LOL!! I was a teenager sliding in there with the OG's and my older brother, but it was epic!

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
its his next best album after come home with me :why:
I like SDE more :manny:

And Cam already got CHWM and DI on there 3 of his works is overkill and his solo albums aren’t that good regardless there’s going to be stronger albums omitted just because it’s Cam

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
Late 30's is an "old head" now? LOL!!

Like I said, the internet is a wild place. And no, Meccapolis had young interns working for free for merch and sh*t like that. One minute you speak on impact, then the next you talk about who's not from a place. Impact isn't limited to a city. If people outside of the area where something dropped are speaking to how influential something was for them, wouldn't that speak to how impactful the sh*t was if it reached well beyond where it originated?

If Dilla is in Detroit, Ye is in Chicago and Pharrell is in VA, and they're citing a NY classic as what influenced them, that CLEARLY speaks to how impactful it was! It wasn't just a NY thing. Everybody knows SBHH is one of the best ever, bro. That's not up for debate.

You don’t know what you’re talking about. The man that made the list is a 33 year old. Which means you’re 6 years older than him at best. Stop making assumptions

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I like SDE more :manny:

And Cam already got CHWM and DI on there 3 of his works is overkill and his solo albums aren’t that good regardless there’s going to be stronger albums omitted just because it’s Cam

SDE is under-rated.

My hood is one of my favorite songs ever.

Losing weight :blessed:

but I didn't hear that until after dips already blew up.....just don't have the nostalgic factor for me.

we all were bumping purple haze when it dropped everyone had it

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps
How we feel about Blackout not being on here.....or do I over-rate that album? I stole that album from 2 different binders :lolbron:

I would have it on there toward the back end. Minor classic and it hold up nicely.

Seem like Redman is DQ'd from the list for being from Jersey though, so maybe that's why :jbhmm:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I would have it on there toward the back end. Minor classic and it hold up nicely.

Seem like Redman is DQ'd from the list for being from Jersey though, so maybe that's why :jbhmm:

A young Maxamusa use to rush to the floor as soon as da rock wilder dropped....by the time you heard "OH MY GOD" I had a bogey or L lit getting rdy 2 wine on a bad lil ting or start some shyt :wow:

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
This statement right here explains a lot of this list.

Sheesh :picard:

You cannot be serious.
Yeah I don't get it neither. Diamond D is one of the best rappers who made their own beats. Same with Beatnuts being one of the best rapper/producer combos. EPMD only getting one album nod in top 100. This guy has something against rappers making their own beats lol.

Diamond D's Stunts, Blunts & Hip Hop is better than quite a few selections from that top 100.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
You are an oldhead you said you was there when a 1992 album dropped. That makes you an oldhead

And everybody who is in the Meccapolis team is 30 and older. You’re making assumptions

This is a Ny Hip Hop list. Not a general Hip Hop list. You named 4 producers who are not from NYC. What they was influenced by is irrelevant to the list

You’re basically overreacting that’s all. Because at the end of the day if the list was extended to 150 it’d be on there

The albums you call mid are classics to other NYC’ers. Your opinion is your opinion only. And it’s valid but this thing yall do when yall overreact as if I got an A Boogie album over a Nas album is corny. You’ll be ok
This should be up there tho :hubie:
ab67616d0000b273f2baf6d743ae26f97777f026

The same way a 19-22 year old wouldn’t be able to gauge the impact of a Diamond D album is the same way a middle aged man wouldn’t understand the impact of this project and Highbridge Vol. 1 those tapes got madddd play for what seemed like a couple years locally

I can’t believe it’s been so long but you can throw on DTB in any function in NYC with 90’s and 00’s babies and they’ll sing that shyt word for word

That Don Q and A boogie freestyle still the most viewed Flex put up on YouTube. shyt was an era it’s a reason A boogie got a lifetime achievement award at Yankee Stadium at the hip hop 50th anniversary concert.