Meccapolis Top 100 NY Hip Hop Albums List (Full List In OP)

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Reasonable doubt over Ready to Die is W I L D. And i love RD.

Yea I'm lost. Ready To Die has to be a top 10 NY rap album or at the very least shouldn't be supplanted by IWW and RD lol.

I get it, this is impossible to do. There are too many classics and there will always be a war waged between which 80s albums go first and which 90s albums go first. But I think everyone in this thread would probably put Ready To Die in a top ten right? Perhaps the issue is not wanting to have an artist with two albums in the top ten, so he chose Life After Death instead. I get that but still...
IDAHIH over RTD is far worse to me.

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
So what's left?
Illmatic
The Infamous
36 Chambers
Paid in Full
Cuban Linx
Get rich of die tryin
Life after death
Blueprint
Low end theory

Liquid Swords, I don't think that's been on the list yet unless I missed it

Hell on Earth as well.

I can see why they went with Murda Muzik, bigger singles, but Hell on Earth is probably the better album to me

mundL

Rookie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I assume white breh-underground shyt like Funcrusher Plus, Cold Vein or the Future is now wont make the top10 so they wont be on the list

I somewhat like the order and the albums on this list regardless tho

Most real big hitters are still missing for me so...

Ziploc

Celestial
Daps
Already off to a bad start if influence isn't a metric. Ultramagnetic should be way higher,OC should be way higher,Stet should be higher,Whodini should be higher but it's all subjective :yeshrug:

DOSDUMUNI

Pass N' Fly Records
Daps
Yea I'm lost. Ready To Die has to be a top 10 NY rap album or at the very least shouldn't be supplanted by IWW and RD lol.

I get it, this is impossible to do. There are too many classics and there will always be a war waged between which 80s albums go first and which 90s albums go first. But I think everyone in this thread would probably put Ready To Die in a top ten right? Perhaps the issue is not wanting to have an artist with two albums in the top ten, so he chose Life After Death instead. I get that but still...

A lot of people have said that LAD has aged better over time compared to RTD

And Im in full aggreeance with you I would have expected it to be #8 or #9 on the list.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York

Slots 19 to 11

maaan I was 1 of the few in here supporting you.....

I don't think I got any daps or nothing....u just zoned in on the haters :francis:

think u mighta told me do the knowledge or some shyt when I asked about an album I never heard of(mantronix) instead of putting me (typical I was born in 78-83 behavior)

but this shyt right here.......

SqzmS1.gif

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Reasonable doubt over Ready to Die is W I L D. And i love RD.

shyt is insane. everybody and their mother and grandmother knows one more chance and juicy.

I could go spin ANY record from reasonable doubt and there would be zero call back and response. Not one person could do a single verse. I'd bet the house on it.

shyt straight refill / bathroom break status.

MAYBE Mary's hook ..... but if you spinning that shyt at any type of function you already wack. That would never happen.

Its straight voodoo how overrated this album has become.