Meccapolis Top 100 NY Hip Hop Albums List (Full List In OP)

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC

Neither of those are universal classics

Come Home With Me songs get played today. Hey Ma still getting played on NY radio, Oh Boy still getting sampled in contemporary hip hop, nikkas still freestyling over that Welcome to NYC beat.

There’s not a single Purple Haze song that gets played album really isn’t all that good either. Both that album and Midvillainy got strong pushes from that hipster Complex/Pitchfork audience. Madvillany is the higher quality album and more influential to its subset of hip hop.

Nikkas really think Purple Haze has better songs than Good Times, My Brother, Soul Clap, The Life :dwillhuh:

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Neither of those are universal classics

Come Home With Me songs get played today. Hey Ma still getting played on NY radio, Oh Boy still getting sampled in contemporary hip hop, nikkas still freestyling over that Welcome to NYC beat.

There’s not a single Purple Haze song that gets played album really isn’t all that good either. Both that album and Midvillainy got strong pushes from that hipster Complex/Pitchfork audience. Madvillany is the higher quality album and more influential to its subset of hip hop.

Nikkas really think Purple Haze has better songs than Good Times, My Brother, Soul Clap, The Life :dwillhuh:

I posted this because this is where their head is at, not because I agree.

Applying their own logic to their own list.... :russ:

DontEemTry

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kurtis Mantronik is one of the original beatmakers who inspired all time greats such as DJ Premier, Mannie Fresh, etc.

Asking who the fukk is Mantronix would be like if you were in a basketball discussion and asked who the fukk was David Thompson or Connie Hawkins.

Talk to these nikkas man :whew:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Kurtis Mantronik is one of the original beatmakers who inspired all time greats such as DJ Premier, Mannie Fresh, etc.

Asking who the fukk is Mantronix would be like if you were in a basketball discussion and asked who the fukk was David Thompson or Connie Hawkins.

I checked out a couple songs.....sounds like the planet rock / YT lines / friends type of stuff

another poster said this was house......this doesn't sound like any of the house I heard at parties.

I dig it tho this that cocaine flo :ehh:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York

Slots 37 to 29

oh you not fukking around dawg :whoo:

I292.gif

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Truth.

Kurt was wild influential.

Mannie Fresh said he took his "whole style" from Mantronix. If you listen to Mantronix, you can hear where Mannie got his sh*t from. Dude was one of the early blueprints for Hip Hop production. Early KRS, T La Rock, Just-Ice, etc. Heavily slept-on, with mad classics.

Kinda sounds like oldschool Miami got some of the sauce from it 2

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
37-29 is legit.

But that explanation to justify the list was trash. "Classic" has always meant 'classic" in Hip Hop. OB4CL dropped and Rap City had Rae and they talked about how the album was "already a classic in a couple weeks". We always used the term. That's not an internet thing. There are undisputed classics that have nothing to do with the streets. Mad of them.