Meccapolis Top 100 NY Hip Hop Albums List (Full List In OP)

Artfull Dodger

All Star
Daps
How can grown men be this whiny?
So someone’s list doesn’t match up with yours?
If your opinion is so great how about build up a big social media following and make your own list that everyone will surely agree with.
tumblr_my9ozvxT5X1sd9xuzo1_500.gif

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Surprised u don’t fukk with Griselda brodie u always show Buff love

Imo FlyGod and Tana Talk 3 are deserving entries
It's one of them things where I love the city of Buffalo but not so much the music scene there. I'm happy for their successes and the light it puts on Buffalo hip hop but stylistically they not really my wave...

Biggest thing about Griselda that I like is, there's an Alaskan/Vegas rapper I been talking about on here for years named Duckman, they either signed him or something because he everywhere with them dudes over the past year and they increasing his exposure...

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
Problem with this sorta list is that it's ordered. Ny rap is far too diverse to ever satisfy anyone. Maybe have the top30 ordered or something

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
It's one of them things where I love the city of Buffalo but not so much the music scene there. I'm happy for their successes and the light it puts on Buffalo hip hop but stylistically they not really my wave...

Biggest thing about Griselda that I like is, there's an Alaskan/Vegas rapper I been talking about on here for years named Duckman, they either signed him or something because he everywhere with them dudes over the past year and they increasing his exposure...
Word u put me on to Duckman

I like they pushing artists from little known markets/regions

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Word u put me on to Duckman

I like they pushing artists from little known markets/regions
Benny headlining a show in Albuquerque this coming weekend with Duck and a Sacramento rapper named Mazerati Ricky opening for him. I don't know how these Buff nikkas found these little known West Coast artists but I can definitely appreciate the plug they giving to us from they platform!

I think a New York Top 100 should mean The Boroughs, Long Island, Westchester. Buffalo should just fall under East Coast rap, I don't know Griselda's catalog like that but I'd have no problem with them on a general "East Coast" list. It's like making an LA Top 100 but putting nikkas from all over California on it...

Juggalo Fred

Juggalo and horrorcore enthusiast
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Juggalo island
Benny headlining a show in Albuquerque this coming weekend with Duck and a Sacramento rapper named Mazerati Ricky opening for him. I don't know how these Buff nikkas found these little known West Coast artists but I can definitely appreciate the plug they giving to us from they platform!

I think a New York Top 100 should mean The Boroughs, Long Island, Westchester. Buffalo should just fall under East Coast rap, I don't know Griselda's catalog like that but I'd have no problem with them on a general "East Coast" list. It's like making an LA Top 100 but putting nikkas from all over California on it...

New York is a state so Buffalo counts

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Gangster & A Gentleman is not a damn C album and nobody in real time regarded it as that, but I don’t think it would make the top 100 NY list either, it’s just a very good album from those 3 and probably the best one

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
Gangster & A Gentleman is not a damn C album and nobody in real time regarded it as that, but I don’t think it would make the top 100 NY list either, it’s just a very good album from those 3 and probably the best one

I think it could easily slot in between 100-90 imo

By the way, gonna mention this again because it’s ridiculous tbh

Da Storm (OGC) and Nocturnal (Heltah Skeltah) possibly not making this list is a crime in itself.

Last edited:

GeeEffKay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its not easy to do a rankig like this as mentioned but some of the rankings are certainly something :deadrose:

will wait until the full list to see where their head is at:jbhmm: