Meccapolis Top 100 New York Rappers List

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
I fukked with the Cella Dwellas heavy

SAME!

First time I heard them was on Stretch and Bobbito, in like '93. Lord Digga was up there introducing them, playing original beats, and they were freestyling over them. I thought they were about to take over the game on some Das EFX sh*t. That was their first time on the radio, so as a kid, you couldn't tell me that I didn't discover them. HAHA! I recorded that right off the radio and played it for everybody at school telling them that Cella Dwellas had next.

These dudes ain't drop their album for like another three years! But I was a huge fan of theirs back then.

Xtz23

All Star
Daps
Exactly. Nobody is saying that Noyd is better than Jada, but his first album is a classic. I copped the rerelease as well :wow:
QB Purple Tape
I love that shyt man cuz hell on earths sometimes my number 1 album over everything & this ep is a continuation of that:wow:. That whole sound is just crazy to me. What ppl don’t understand is this is just as much a mobb deep ep as it is noyd & they wouldn’t be shytting on it if they knew & if it was titled as such. Most ppl shytting on it cuz they never heard it without actually hearing it. On top of that big noyd and alchemist are non titled members of mobb deep.

The lox solos aren’t great…. Just cuz I’m saying that doesn’t mean that I’m shytting on kiss but facts are facts. like I’ve said before jada and styles are fukken legends but they don’t make good albums. they have cemented themselves as heavyweights but it’s not cuz of albums at all. kiss albums can’t fukk with episodes of a hustla. :aicmon:Another thing that’s funny that I just thought of is that episodes of a hustla wasn’t even finished & it’s still way better than lox solos (only talking about kiss and styles p). Think about it a ep that isn’t finished is way better than these guys fully completed full length albums. There’s no way those albums could compare to this time period for the mobb (everything from that time period is next level whether it be unreleased tracks, guest appearances, havoc beats :banderas: , albums, prodigy spazzing on every track:damn: that shyt could nvr be replicated.)🔥:bustback::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:
that shyt is real art … prime time 96 toptier shyt. And lastly jada might not have albums but he has so many dope joints from lox tracks to guest appearances to tracks spread out on his projects/albums and verses are always top tier, he’s def one of them ones when looking at the overall picture, he’s in my top 25. for guest appearances the lox is where it’s at. I don’t want the whole post to seem like I’m shytting on kiss I was just stating facts lol there’s no hate. Also I think Sheek after taxes is a good album.

And noyd ain’t no joke….

Big noyd- solo track from this ep

:banderas: :aicmon:

Last edited:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I love that shyt man cuz hell on earths sometimes my number 1 album over everything & this ep is a continuation of that:wow:. That whole sound is just crazy to me. What ppl don’t understand is this is just as much a mobb deep ep as it is noyd & they wouldn’t be shytting on it if they knew & if it was titled as such. Most ppl shytting on it cuz they never heard it without actually hearing it. On top of that big noyd and alchemist are non titled members of mobb deep.

The lox solos aren’t great…. Just cuz I’m saying that doesn’t mean that I’m shytting on kiss but facts are facts. like I’ve said before jada and styles are fukken legends but they don’t make good albums. they have cemented themselves as heavyweights but it’s not cuz of albums at all. kiss albums can’t fukk with episodes of a hustla. :aicmon:Another thing that’s funny that I just thought of is that episodes of a hustla wasn’t even finished & it’s still way better than lox solos (only talking about kiss and styles p). Think about it a ep that isn’t finished is way better than these guys fully completed full length albums. There’s no way those albums could compare to this time period for the mobb (everything from that time period is next level whether it be unreleased tracks, guest appearances, havoc beats :banderas: , albums, prodigy spazzing on every track:damn: that shyt could nvr be replicated.)🔥:bustback::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:
that shyt is real art … prime time 96 toptier shyt. And lastly jada might not have albums but he has so many dope joints from lox tracks to guest appearances to tracks spread out on his projects/albums and verses are always top tier, he’s def one of them ones when looking at the overall picture, he’s in my top 25. for guest appearances the lox is where it’s at. I don’t want the whole post to seem like I’m shytting on kiss I was just stating facts lol there’s no hate.

And noyd ain’t no joke….

Exactly. If this had come out as a Mobb Deep release, it would unquestionably be considered a classic.

As it stands, it’s the most overlooked album in hip hop history.

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX

that shyt is real art … prime time 96 toptier shyt. And lastly jada might not have albums but he has so many dope joints from lox tracks to guest appearances to tracks spread out on his projects/albums and verses are always top tier, he’s def one of them ones when looking at the overall picture, he’s in my top 25. for guest appearances the lox is where it’s at. I don’t want the whole post to seem like I’m shytting on kiss I was just stating facts lol there’s no hate. Also I think Sheek after taxes is a good album.

And noyd ain’t no joke….

That album is not better than A Gangster & A Gentleman or Kiss of Death :dahell: