Meccapolis Top 100 New York Rappers List

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I predict Rakim at third, Nas at 2 and Jay as #1.

This is based off the albums list.
Ra only had two albums on the list.
Nas had three and Jay had 4.
Not to mention that Blueprint was higher than what I expected and Illmatic was lower than what I think most expected.

Tres Leches

Empire Business
Daps

Not to mention that Blueprint was higher than what I expected and Illmatic was lower than what I think most expected.

lets say youre right...can you really be #1 if you battled #2 and lost ? :jbhmm:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Jay being #1 is pretty standard at this point, whether we agree or not. You know who I'd put #1 but it is what it is, not bothered by it.

OB4CL and his Wu shyt are so good that Rae certainly deserves to be somewhere in the top 20 but that's prob too high, especially compared to Ghost who has multiple great albums plus the Wu shyt. Rae only has one great album. It's a hip hop crime that he didn't drop something in 1997 or 1998, when he was on fire.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Episodes of a hustla is way better than any lox solo easily.
shyt is practically a demo tape

Nothing was asked of him artistically he stayed in his comfort zone and was assisted on every track meanwhile Kiss was asked to make commercialized projects to appeal to wide demographics

As a NYC classic “Still Feel Me” alone bodies Episodes of a Hustla

So what makes it better that he rapped on The Infamous throwaways :heh:

Last edited:

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Ghostface has a top 10 discography

Rae has a top 20 discography

Rae is dope no doubt but Ghost is one of the greatest storytellers of ALL TIME. Up there with Nas and Slick Rick.
Raekwon is right there with Ghost on the storytelling tip.
OB4CL is held in higher regard than Ghost's Supreme Clientele in their eyes (even though Ghost's catalog is better)
:manny:
Also, Raekwon was just as involved in Ironman as Ghostface was OB4CL. Ghostface overall has a better catalog but Raekwon was more influential with his style, flow & the fact OB4CL hit the earth like a comet and then just the next year he was all over Ironman. Ironman is super dope but doesn’t close to living up to Cuban Linx if we are being honest. Not even close!

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
He's not. Based on influence alone, he deserves the spot. He had everyone rocking mafia aliases all the way up to 98. If I'm being real, his impact is understated.
No he didn’t. Kool G Rap started the mafioso shyt and even if he did that’s not enough.

Raekwon is like 30 slots too high.

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
shyt is practically a demo tape

Nothing was asked of him artistically he stayed in his comfort zone and was assisted on every track meanwhile Kiss was asked to make commercialized projects to appeal to wide demographics

As a NYC classic “Still Feel Me” alone bodies Episodes of a Hustla

So what makes it better that he rapped on The Infamous throwaways :heh:
Nothing on the Big Noyd album with all the collabs with Prodigy & Havoc come anywhere close to fukking with this :whoa:

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps

I half thought they'd go BIG, Jay and Rakim 1-3 with Nas at 4.

Chances for number one slot it's 0% Nas, 5% Rakim, 95% Jay. At least based on the albums list. They made a big deal about not putting Illmatic #1 because it's the obvious corporate, Complex style pick, so will be funny if they go with the obvious corporate pick on the rappers list. That's the only reason I can maybe see Rakim.

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Speaking of Rae. I love Rae. He’s arguably got the greatest album of all time(cuban), was heavily involved in another top 3 album of all time (36 chambers)and was featured all over another top 20 all time (ironman).

But Ive never had him in my top 10 for nyc. Ghost is top 3 from nyc. Top 5 overall and has a top 5 catalog of all time.

And that’s no disrespect to rae, to say ghost is not only better but overall greater