Meagan Good runs into her former co worker and thinks become awkward

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
?? The black man who told his white girl to act like Coretta?? Yea I said he was prolly just as crazy as the white girl 🤷🏾‍♀️

I didn’t blame him for this situation tho
I never got the outrage over this.
Are Coretta and Michelle not examples of women with qualities that any woman should admire and aspire to?
Should we not hold up our great Black queens as exemplary figures of womanhood?
Should young girls of any race not be inspired by great Black women?
If MLK can admire an emulate the qualities of Gandhi (aside from the racist b*stard part), should Black people not be emulated and admired as well?

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
I never got the outrage over this.
Are Coretta and Michelle not examples of women with qualities that any woman should admire and aspire to?
Should we not hold up our great Black queens as exemplary figures of womanhood?
Should young girls of any race not be inspired by great Black women?
If MLK can admire an emulate the qualities of Gandhi (aside from the racist b*stard part), should Black people not be emulated and admired as well?
the point is he aligned himself with a wild white chick, telling her he is doing great things for his people and to conduct herself like dignified Black women.

Why not just get a dignified Black woman.

That would be akin to Coco Jones dating a belligerent white dude and telling him to act like MLK. You out of your mind if you think ppl wouldn’t think she was crazy :deadrose:

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
the point is he aligned himself with a wild white chick, telling her he is doing great things for his people and to conduct herself like dignified Black women.

Why not just get a dignified Black woman.

That would be akin to Coco Jones dating a belligerent white dude and telling him to act like MLK. You out of your mind if you think ppl wouldn’t think she was crazy :deadrose:
He never told her to act like a dignified Black woman, specifically.
He never told her to assume specifically Black qualities. The qualities of those women he wanted her to emulate were not race specific.
He told her she should conduct herself like women he admires, those women happen to be Black.
Again, the logic there is that great Black women can only be admired and emulated by other Black women.
Comedians of all races are inspired by Richard Pryor.
Performers of all races are inspired by Michael Jackson and Prince
Actors look up to Denzel, etc.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
He never told her to assume specifically Black qualities. The qualities of those women he wanted her to emulate were not race specific.
He told her she should conduct herself like women he admires, those women happen to be Black.
Again, the logic there is that great Black women can only be admired and emulated by other Black women.
We can go back to that thread or any other Black discussion about that situation. About 90% of Black folks were on the same page regarding his comments so I’m good. 🤷🏾‍♀️

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Great post,same thing I said at the time.
I get why it might be comical on the surface.
But people were using that to make him sound crazy or weird.
As if he was trying to make his white woman act like a black woman.
And it was the white woman who was triggered enough by his statement to bring it up in court.
He asked her to be more dignified like those women he admired. And all she heard was two black womens names and got offended. Her mind immediately went to blackness upon hearing those names. But this is why you dont "pawg". Glad to have the brotha back from the darkside:respect:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
:lolbron:I knew there was no way in hell he skipped dapping breh then proceed to lift up his woman :pachaha:
In true coli fashion this was skimmed over to call Maegan a silly whore and Majors a big mad black cuck.

This forum is full of people looking to be upset or make a point at the dumbest shyt.

What does dapping up Majors change? :mjtf:

Would you be okay with another man who is not blood related to your lady lifting her up like that right in front of you?:mjtf:

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps

Would you be okay with another man who is not blood related to your lady lifting her up like that right in front of you?:mjtf:

I ain't say it still wasn't disrespectful, but you gotta fight someone who doesn't even acknowledge you before lifting up your lady :pachaha:

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
IMG_7880.png

:dead: :dead: :dead:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

If he acknowledged me as well I doubt id be that upset. She going home with me after all.

Would it be annoying? Sure but my shorty does little shyt that annoys me sometimes anyway so :manny: