MCU > the actual comics most of the time

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
tumblr_n6zdmspPiE1skh0gdo1_400.gif

woooooow.

Edit: not hating on your opinion, I just never thought I'd ever see someone say they hate dude's work

Dark Night Metal is the same type of bullshyt

A bunch of ominous scary shyt is happening

With epic villains and moments but a loose narrative thread

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
You’re that dude but I’m gonna have to disagree on that one. All the stuff that happened with Scott losing to a powerless Storm only happened because of the IRL drama that destroyed his character.

Claremont was forced to turn Scott into a jobber so that the company would have another book to market.

Before that, he was a true leader who handled business. He gave Logan that work multiple times in the Cockrum/Byrne era...

proteus18como.jpg

proteus2sjot9.jpg

proteus361qww.jpg

proteus405rab.jpg

proteus5fsr8e.jpg

Dude risked his own life for the good of the team and saved everyone from certain death at the hands of Magneto, the Hellfire Club, etc.

images

When he refused to kill the Brood-infected Xavier... THAT'S Scott Summers :wow:

images

Not even a couple of years before 201, Cyclops bodied the whole team by himself, including a Storm WITH powers. (Issue 175)

fights+team.png

Claremont was forced to make Scott into a jobber because of X-factor. It would have been better if they had just followed the OG plan of letting Scott retire in peace so that other characters could take the reins. If Jean Grey had never been revived behind Claremont’s back, none of that mess would have happened. They should have never brought her back after Dark Phoenix IMO. It watered down the impact of her sacrifice.

Stop.

Scott was bytch since the beginning
and had to be written to be integrated back into the group. After relaunching the group. Plus, he was so bih made. The whole a girl could do it all better started with HIM! Simply cause he was so emo. Somebody said shyt only thing separating this guy from a girl is a girl physique features, sex appeal and a great pair of comic boobs. That xmen was progressive and made sense enough. That Claremont was like nah, we can't replace him with a white woman. That is simple transference. Let's change this to a claustrophobic black woman with a real story. Boom xmen is xmen. Real talk, I only read the phoenix story to lol at bih made Scot summers. He never recovered and a bih nikka. I know so I lived his weak ass journey, and dudde a comic character and he was a bih.

As man who lost his woman for real.
There is no investment in Scott summers as a real man.

I started at xmen #3, reading at age three.
to know he was never this great character. From jump, and he was always overwritten and why he was phased out over time on two to three occasions.
I think you are caught up in white love for the summer boy. Who ain't even the actual good summer boy. Plus why Claremont did not hesitate to write him out as leader and storm had been the focus of the title way longer than just 201.
For the integrity of the title during those eras. The cyke write up at that point was made to show cyke as a leader during his woman being compromised. Yet, that whole story had to be written like that to get rid of the character. Scot summers was never over till he had to be rewritten and why he was eventually made into a villain type with a story. Was because his character was so emo and bih made. It was easy to use him as that and it was stoopid as fukk. Plus why nobody reads xmen right now.
You just like the summer boy.
Yet the reason why he was made into a villain is because he was a standard vanilla male emo Mary sue. nikka can't even function without a woman. To the point that no matter how you try to write the character. the essence of the character is a emo bih nikka. He only doing that shyt to show off to his lady.

Notice his lady has to be around for him to do sumfin. That is not what a man is.
All those early xmen archetypes males were flawed and why they were eventually over time written out. Or written so stoopid because the character was to flawed in the first place. Claremont just made a man out of cyke for his eventual chopblock to the boys knees.
Plus, out of all the stuff you quoted. Cyke is weak cause after all that. Claremont did not hesitate to put Scott out to pasture and it was not till like eighty issue later did he return. Again, he needed Jim lee to draw. As once again, he was not in uncanny with storm. Of which in that time storm outside of Jim lee still had a better story going on. While Scott was just a cool Jim lee visual.

It was not till Claremont was gone and Jim lee was gone. Did this huge summer boy fascination start. That it eventually ruined xmen and cyke had to be made into a somewhat villain.
Cyke is partly why marvel does not own itself right now.

Art Barr

Black Trash!

Daps
Reppin
Na
Stop.

Scott was bytch since the beginning
and had to be written to be integrated back into the group. After relaunching the group. Plus, he was so bih made. The whole a girl could do it all better started with HIM! Simply cause he was so emo. Somebody said shyt only thing separating this guy from a girl is a girl physique features, sex appeal and a great pair of comic boobs. That xmen was progressive and made sense enough. That Claremont was like nah, we can't replace him with a white woman. That is simple transference. Let's change this to a claustrophobic black woman with a real story. Boom xmen is xmen. Real talk, I only read the phoenix story to lol at bih made Scot summers. He never recovered and a bih nikka. I know so I lived his weak ass journey, and dudde a comic character and he was a bih.

As man who lost his woman for real.
There is no investment in Scott summers as a real man.

I started at xmen #3, reading at age three.
to know he was never this great character. From jump, and he was always overwritten and why he was phased out over time on two to three occasions.
I think you are caught up in white love for the summer boy. Who ain't even the actual good summer boy. Plus why Claremont did not hesitate to write him out as leader and storm had been the focus of the title way longer than just 201.
For the integrity of the title during those eras. The cyke write up at that point was made to show cyke as a leader during his woman being compromised. Yet, that whole story had to be written like that to get rid of the character. Scot summers was never over till he had to be rewritten and why he was eventually made into a villain type with a story. Was because his character was so emo and bih made. It was easy to use him as that and it was stoopid as fukk. Plus why nobody reads xmen right now.
You just like the summer boy.
Yet the reason why he was made into a villain is because he was a standard vanilla male emo Mary sue. nikka can't even function without a woman. To the point that no matter how you try to write the character. the essence of the character is a emo bih nikka. He only doing that shyt to show off to his lady.

Notice his lady has to be around for him to do sumfin. That is not what a man is.
All those early xmen archetypes males were flawed and why they were eventually over time written out. Or written so stoopid because the character was to flawed in the first place. Claremont just made a man out of cyke for his eventual chopblock to the boys knees.
Plus, out of all the stuff you quoted. Cyke is weak cause after all that. Claremont did not hesitate to put Scott out to pasture and it was not till like eighty issue later did he return. Again, he needed Jim lee to draw. As once again, he was not in uncanny with storm. Of which in that time storm outside of Jim lee still had a better story going on. While Scott was just a cool Jim lee visual.

It was not till Claremont was gone and Jim lee was gone. Did this huge summer boy fascination start. That it eventually ruined xmen and cyke had to be made into a somewhat villain.
Cyke is partly why marvel does not own itself right now.

Art Barr

Everything u wrote was childish bullshyt

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Everything u wrote was childish bullshyt

I lived my woman being killed and I know the summer life from a real point. Not his emo bih made bullshyt lack of backbone character who needs a woman to be whole.

Marvel, does not own itself because it was fascinated with that summer boy like you.
The childish part is you not realizing that.
Summers was never good.
If he was he would have never been phased out.
Plus you can't have some love sick great white hope leading a book about diversity. That is also why marvel no longer owns themselves as well.

Art Barr

Black Trash!

Daps
Reppin
Na
I lived my woman being killed and I know the summer life from a real point. Not his emo bih made bullshyt lack of backbone character who needs a woman to be whole.

Marvel, does not own itself because it was fascinated with that summer boy like you.
The childish part is you not realizing that.
Summers was never good.
If he was he would have never been phased out.
Plus you can't have some love sick great white hope leading a book about diversity. That is also why marvel no longer owns themselves as well.

Art Barr
You not even writing complete sentences

Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's interesting about the whole discussion is how Claremont was lowkey planning to phase everyone in and out at some point...

“The original plotline was that Scott marries Madelyne - they have their child, they go off to Alaska. He goes to work for his grandparents. He retires from the X-Men. He’s a reserve member. He’s available for emergencies. He comes back on special occasions – for special fights, but he has a life. He has grown up. (…) Scott was going to move on. Jean was dead, “Get on with your life.” And it was close to being a happy ending. They lived happily ever after – and it was to create the impression that maybe if you come back in ten years other X-Men would have grown up, too. Would Kitty (Pryde) stay with the team forever? Would Nightcrawler? Would any of them? Because that way we could evolve them into new directions - we could bring in new characters. There would be an ongoing sense of renewal and growth and change – in a positive sense.”

His original idea was that if you came back to the books, then none of the original characters might be around. Characters would retire, die, go back to school, get regular jobs, or move on and do other stuff. The problem with that approach is that...

1. You can only do so much with that kind of story in a universe that's so serialized. It would be weird to see the X-men characters all growing up and retiring, etc., while the Fantastic Four are still going about business as usual the entire time and Franklin Richards is still a little kid.

2. The suits realized how big X-men was getting and pulled the rug out from Claremont. They screwed up the characters just for the sake of having more books out that they could sell without really thinking about the integrity of the story. They started flooding the market with too many books to keep track of and later on started to overcrowd everything with too many wack characters.

3. Eventually things would get so 'out there' to the point that it wouldn't feel like X-men any more. I already feel some of that with Fall of the Mutants and Inferno. They're good comics no doubt, but you can only get so 'weird' without losing sight of your premise. IMO 94-176 is the golden age of Claremont's Uncanny (although Mutant Massacre and the original Genosha story have their :wow: moments). Maybe extend that golden age to about 200 or so to be generous. That's the era they should base the movies on if they get rebooted in the MCU IMO.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
Now absolutely,but it's harder to say for all time since there are different factors.