West where the Sunsets
334.gif

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
MCU has an advantage it has only been around 10 years. Hard to keep the continuity together and making sense for like 70 years.

Nevermind that the movies are harvesting the best storylines and condensing them. The comics were never wall to wall epic battles against planet killers.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not really fair to compare decades and decades of comics by all kinds of different writers that are all over the place in terms of quality to a series of 20-or-so movies.

That said, there are certain characters (Killmonger, for example) that are generally better than the comics.

This. There was a lot of legendary, game changing stuff in the silver and bronze ages, but several factors have affected the quality of the stories moving forward from that point:

* Too many writers trying to bite Watchmen
* Too many writers trying to use every character and story as a vehicle for their politics
* Too many fanboys writing who just want to make their favorite characters invincible whether it makes sense or not
* Too many pointless shock deaths and resurrections

That's not everyone writing comics today, but these issues are affecting the industry as a whole.

The other factor that affects things is that the characters who had really live storylines in the comics are either only on TV (Daredevil), have only recently been introduced (Spider-man), or are in the process of being acquired from other studios (Fantastic Four, X-men). Thor was live in the Simonson era but things didn't really pop off with his character until Ragnarok IMO.

A lot of the Marvel characters who are popping in the movies today were lowkey kinda :flabbynsick: status in the comics back in the day. Cats weren't really hype for Guardians of the Galaxy like that before the movies blew up :manny:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There would be no IW without the source material. The reason marvel movies are so good is because they are very close to the source.

Comic's come out every week and have been for decades over all the movies just pick the over all best stories and version of characters and run with it. Props to marvel for doing the re imaging right though. Because Gotg and Luke cage are shows that should have failed flat with the crowd. Starlord was one of the lamest characters in the books, and the rest of the characters are heavily nerfed. Mariah Dillard and all of luke cages enemies really shouldn't work...but they do a good job with them.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Infinity Gauntlet is trash?
:gucci::dahell:

Just like the MCU, IG is the conclusion of an arc that started in the Silver Surfer book and then Thanos Quest. And if you want you can further back to the Warlock book, and some issues of Captain Marvel and (I think) the Avengers.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
There would be no IW without the source material. The reason marvel movies are so good is because they are very close to the source.

Comic's come out every week and have been for decades over all the movies just pick the over all best stories and version of characters and run with it. Props to marvel for doing the re imaging right though. Because Gotg and Luke cage are shows that should have failed flat with the crowd. Starlord was one of the lamest characters in the books, and the rest of the characters are heavily nerfed. Mariah Dillard and all of luke cages enemies really shouldn't work...but they do a good job with them.
huh???
:what:

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
I'm almost tempted to shyt on the MCU in response to this disrespect.:mjlol: I don't know where to start...

Let's not act like MCU don't just be droppin characters in the flicks without exploring their motivations or nothing. If I gotta watch director and actor/actress interviews before and after watching a movie to get a context for some shyt, the writing was weak :hhh:

Imagine Black Order without anyone making youtube videos and articles explaining them nikkas, and then you just see them in the movie and we're supposed to roll with it :hhh:

But marvel's winning so it's okay right? :mjgrin: wouldn't want to be called a HATER and shyt...

Infinity Gauntlet is part 2 to Thanos Quest, reading IG without reading the former is like reading "The Return of the King", and Ignoring "Fellowship of the Ring" and "The two towers". You played yourself :mjgrin:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I'm almost tempted to shyt on the MCU in response to this disrespect.:mjlol: I don't know where to start...

Let's not act like MCU don't just be droppin characters in the flicks without exploring their motivations or nothing. If I gotta watch director and actor/actress interviews before and after watching a movie to get a context for some shyt, the writing was weak :hhh:

Imagine Black Order without anyone making youtube videos and articles explaining them nikkas, and then you just see them in the movie and we're supposed to roll with it :hhh:

But marvel's winning so it's okay right? :mjgrin: wouldn't want to be called a HATER and shyt...

Infinity Gauntlet is part 2 to Thanos Quest, reading IG without reading the former is like reading "The Return of the King", and Ignoring "Fellowship of the Ring" and "The two towers". You played yourself :mjgrin:
I mean they are just henchmen in IW. Do we need to explore henchmen motivations now?

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
I mean they are just henchmen in IW. Do we need to explore henchmen motivations now?
That's what they ended up being. But they were marketed as the "children of thanos: fam. They had a whole rollout during the Infinity War promotions last year.