MCU > the actual comics most of the time

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Marvel hasn't been consistently good since the 90s. They've had a few good stuff but the constant crossovers/events have killed a lot of stuff. I do give props to the MCU for making me actually care about people like Captain America and Iron Man and pretty much everyone outside of Spiderman and the X-Men.

The bronze Age/70s/80s Marvel is one of the best runs in Marvel's history! :blessed:

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
colossus-unhinged1.jpg

Wolverine was a way cooler character before we knew the ins and outs of his past, IMO. I missed Kitty and Nightcrawler in the late 80s era. It's a real shame they couldn't have briefly rejoined everyone in Inferno.

Scott was so out of character in those first X-factor issues :snoop:
:wow: at the way he ended Sinister though, that was crazy :gladbron:

HUDkmU59qv6diMiK996W8Ika7AvT4CzaEZ1OVLKrbmT2MzhsQRh-Hs_n7Gioe2N1HElAGui-IqKaroB0-7Su7TvwmxNPlyWswwvHOKnjCBHDu1dDkyJsgs-tyrBspmc=s0-d

Yeah, wolverine origins was a waste and ruined some of the mystique of wolverine. I really enjoy that Australian outback team and that excuilbur run with kitty and Kurt was good. A guy who works at the comic shop I go to constantly brings up how good it was. I have never really liked Scott but Jesus Christ those early x-factor issues really are a string of assissination attempts.

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
Marvel hasn't been consistently good since the 90s. They've had a few good stuff but the constant crossovers/events have killed a lot of stuff. I do give props to the MCU for making me actually care about people like Captain America and Iron Man and pretty much everyone outside of Spiderman and the X-Men.

The bronze Age/70s/80s Marvel is one of the best runs in Comicbook history! :blessed:

Fixed

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Jim Shooter Marvel... that's the GOAT era right there :banderas:

Spider-man had a grip of great stories in that era... Kraven's Last Hunt, the Death of Jean DeWolf, Spider-man vs the Juggernaut, and The Kid Who Collected Spider-man.
You had Romita Jr./ Michelene Iron Man...
You had Walt Simonson Thor...
Claremont and Byrne's run on Uncanny X-men started getting really good as Shooter came in... (Paul Smith, Cockrum, and Romita Jr. did great stuff as well)
John Byrne's Fantastic Four had gems...
You had Frank Miller Daredevil...
You had the Under Siege storyline with the Avengers getting their mansion jacked...

Just a classic, piff era IMO.

It was the best.
I miss jim shooter at marvel.
Jim shooter was the best.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
colossus-unhinged1.jpg

Wolverine was a way cooler character before we knew the ins and outs of his past, IMO. I missed Kitty and Nightcrawler in the late 80s era. It's a real shame they couldn't have briefly rejoined everyone in Inferno.

Scott was so out of character in those first X-factor issues :snoop:
:wow: at the way he ended Sinister though, that was crazy :gladbron:

HUDkmU59qv6diMiK996W8Ika7AvT4CzaEZ1OVLKrbmT2MzhsQRh-Hs_n7Gioe2N1HElAGui-IqKaroB0-7Su7TvwmxNPlyWswwvHOKnjCBHDu1dDkyJsgs-tyrBspmc=s0-d

Not true ...
Scot was the same bih nikka he always was when storm beat his ass with no powers.

You can go read 201 and see for yourself.

Cyke was never a great character.
His best anything was finally blasting sinister.

Art Barr

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Thats not fair.
MCU gets to cherry pick the best and most popular comics and retell them in a way our generation would like.
Comics are victims of their own age and of our own changing viewpoints.

Comics are the father of the movies. Of course children are gonna be more evolved and better put together relative to the present than parents, dosent mean one is better. Thats just how its supposed to be.

And Infinity was dope dude, time runs out, secret wars, that whole hickman avengers/new avengers run that just ended was amazing.

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thanos arc in the comics is cringeworthy
He's the most powerful simp in the universe
The movie did it better
I thought it was better than population control:yeshrug:. Especially when instead of wiping out half the universe you could just double or triple up on resources for those people instead.

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Thats not fair.
MCU gets to cherry pick the best and most popular comics and retell them in a way our generation would like.
Comics are victims of their own age and of our own changing viewpoints.

Comics are the father of the movies. Of course children are gonna be more evolved and better put together relative to the present than parents, dosent mean one is better. Thats just how its supposed to be.

And Infinity was dope dude, time runs out, secret wars, that whole hickman avengers/new avengers run that just ended was amazing.

Nah I hate Hickman as a writer
He’s good at big moments but he doesn’t focus enough on the smaller things that lead up to it

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I thought it was better than population control:yeshrug:. Especially when instead of wiping out half the universe you could just double or triple up on resources for those people instead.
There was an imbalance between life and death; the population wasn't dying as fast as it should, where as the birth of life was coming fast. Death sent Thanos out to correct this.

The movie version did a crap job at building Thanos' motivation. The cop out is population control, which it was, but why should he give a shyt about the universal population?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not true ...
Scot was the same bih nikka he always was when storm beat his ass with no powers.

You can go read 201 and see for yourself.

Cyke was never a great character.
His best anything was finally blasting sinister.

Art Barr

You’re that dude but I’m gonna have to disagree on that one. All the stuff that happened with Scott losing to a powerless Storm only happened because of the IRL drama that destroyed his character.

Claremont was forced to turn Scott into a jobber so that the company would have another book to market.

Before that, he was a true leader who handled business. He gave Logan that work multiple times in the Cockrum/Byrne era...

proteus18como.jpg

proteus2sjot9.jpg

proteus361qww.jpg

proteus405rab.jpg

proteus5fsr8e.jpg

Dude risked his own life for the good of the team and saved everyone from certain death at the hands of Magneto, the Hellfire Club, etc.

images

When he refused to kill the Brood-infected Xavier... THAT'S Scott Summers :wow:

images

Not even a couple of years before 201, Cyclops bodied the whole team by himself, including a Storm WITH powers. (Issue 175)

fights+team.png

Claremont was forced to make Scott into a jobber because of X-factor. It would have been better if they had just followed the OG plan of letting Scott retire in peace so that other characters could take the reins. If Jean Grey had never been revived behind Claremont’s back, none of that mess would have happened. They should have never brought her back after Dark Phoenix IMO. It watered down the impact of her sacrifice.

Last edited:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
You’re that dude but I’m gonna have to disagree on that one. All the stuff that happened with Scott losing to a powerless Storm only happened because of the IRL drama that destroyed his character.

Claremont was forced to turn Scott into a jobber so that the company would have another book to market.

Before that, he was a true leader who handled business. He gave Logan that work multiple times in the Cockrum/Byrne era...

proteus18como.jpg

proteus2sjot9.jpg

proteus361qww.jpg

proteus405rab.jpg

proteus5fsr8e.jpg

Dude risked his own life for the good of the team and saved everyone from certain death at the hands of Magneto, the Hellfire Club, etc.

images

When he refused to kill the Brood-infected Xavier... THAT'S Scott Summers :wow:

images

Not even a couple of years before 201, Cyclops bodied the whole team by himself, including a Storm WITH powers. (Issue 175)

fights+team.png

Claremont was forced to make Scott into a jobber because of X-factor. It would have been better if they had just followed the OG plan of letting Scott retire in peace so that other characters could take the reins. If Jean Grey had never been revived behind Claremont’s back, none of that mess would have happened. They should have never brought her back after Dark Phoenix IMO. It watered down the impact of her sacrifice.

yeah, in my opinion they didn't start writing Scott in "classic" character again until Emma messed around in his head.

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
There was an imbalance between life and death; the population wasn't dying as fast as it should, where as the birth of life was coming fast. Death sent Thanos out to correct this.

The movie version did a crap job at building Thanos' motivation. The cop out is population control, which it was, but why should he give a shyt about the universal population?

Death wasn’t fukking with Thanos tho LMAO

Wouldn’t even make eye contact