MCU > the actual comics most of the time

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
Marvel comics has not been good in twenty three years, breh.

Art Barr

Nah, Breh their has been some gems in that time frame. Uncanny X-force was beasting it under rick remender. Wolverine and the x-men first volume was great. Iron fist under fracction, Incredible Hulk under pak and the planet hulk arc, old man Logan (I am a wolverine Stan I know people don’t enjoy it but I fukks with it heavy) manifest destiny and utopia arcs with the x-men, astonishing x-men with whendon, ed brubakers run with captain America, next wave and the thunderbolts. That 2006 run with the sinestro corps war and annihilation going on at the same time had me:banderas:.

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
i went and read infinity Gauntlet this weekend and that shyt was trash

Mostly just heroes getting their asses kicked

Movie was SOOOOO much better

Except Guardians....the movies changed everything about them for the worse

Did you actually read everything that set up infinity gauntlet? It isn’t like secret wars were you read issue 1and read it and truly appreciate it. Also, you are wrong, the history and the depth of comics is what makes them great. The movies are fun and I enjoy them but come on.

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Nah, Breh their has been some gems in that time frame. Uncanny X-force was beasting it under rick remender. Wolverine and the x-men first volume was great. Iron fist under fracction, Incredible Hulk under pak and the planet hulk arc, old man Logan (I am a wolverine Stan I know people don’t enjoy it but I fukks with it heavy) manifest destiny and utopia arcs with the x-men, astonishing x-men with whendon, ed brubakers run with captain America, next wave and the thunderbolts. That 2006 run with the sinestro corps war and annihilation going on at the same time had me:banderas:.

None of that shyt was good enough to draw me back in.
Plus it was coming from a point.
That felt like they were written by a retarded chuckie from fresh in the schoolyard being given comics to write.

Sorry, not going.

Art Barr

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Wow, you really are a Marvel fanboy. :heh:

I don't see how you can shyt on DC when you've barely touched their shyt.

But that's just a typical response from a stan. :youngsabo:

Dc does not have good stories or interesting character that hold my attention in comics and never did. The only one who look interesting via costume are barely used or written like wack jackasses. Ex, booster gold

When dc people talk about dc it is never about the books.

Unless it is controversy because dc was inept consistently before the 52.

I know from experience dc don't got shyt.
Been there done that.

Still love jim lee tho.

Art Barr

Daps
Reppin
NULL
No,...
Til Jim shooter around.
Marvel always made complete general sense.

It was those hacks Loeb and Quesada who ruined marvel.

Art Barr

Jim Shooter Marvel... that's the GOAT era right there :banderas:

Spider-man had a grip of great stories in that era... Kraven's Last Hunt, the Death of Jean DeWolf, Spider-man vs the Juggernaut, and The Kid Who Collected Spider-man.
You had Romita Jr./ Michelene Iron Man...
You had Walt Simonson Thor...
Claremont and Byrne's run on Uncanny X-men started getting really good as Shooter came in... (Paul Smith, Cockrum, and Romita Jr. did great stuff as well)
John Byrne's Fantastic Four had gems...
You had Frank Miller Daredevil...
You had the Under Siege storyline with the Avengers getting their mansion jacked...

Just a classic, piff era IMO.

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
Jim Shooter Marvel... that's the GOAT era right there :banderas:

Spider-man had a grip of great stories in that era... Kraven's Last Hunt, the Death of Jean DeWolf, Spider-man vs the Juggernaut, and The Kid Who Collected Spider-man.
You had Romita Jr./ Michelene Iron Man...
You had Walt Simonson Thor...
Claremont and Byrne's run on Uncanny X-men started getting really good as Shooter came in... (Paul Smith, Cockrum, and Romita Jr. did great stuff as well)
John Byrne's Fantastic Four had gems...
You had Frank Miller Daredevil...
You had the Under Siege storyline with the Avengers getting their mansion jacked...

Just a classic, piff era IMO.

It was the best of times, the mutant massacre fights with wolverine and sabertooth still get me like :whoo:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was the best of times, the mutant massacre fights with wolverine and sabertooth still get me like :whoo:

When Psylocke gave Sabertooth the jukes by herself (I believe that was... Alan Davis on pencils?) :whew:

Some of only things I never liked about the Jim Shooter era were Avengers 200 and the decision to bring Jean Grey back (which cheapened her sacrifice and indirectly did serious damage to the character of Cyclops).

(But before I get off subject...) When they were fighting the Marauders in the Morlock Tunnels, and Colossus snapped Riptide's neck :wow:
Angel getting crucified by his wings :picard:
Thor giving Blockbuster that fade :birdman:

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
When Psylocke gave Sabertooth the jukes by herself (I believe that was... Alan Davis on pencils?) :whew:

Some of only things I never liked about the Jim Shooter era were Avengers 200 and the decision to bring Jean Grey back (which cheapened her sacrifice and indirectly did serious damage to the character of Cyclops).

(But before I get off subject...) When they were fighting the Marauders in the Morlock Tunnels, and Colossus snapped Riptide's neck :wow:
Angel getting crucified by his wings :picard:
Thor giving Blockbuster that fade :birdman:

Yo, that hold story arc had you like:whoo:. Psylocke peering in the mind of sabertooth as he and wolverine fought and you see their history with each other:ohhh: because wolverine’s past was still secret and you learn that wolverine caught fade and got laid out by sabertooth. Nightcrawler and Kitty get that work:sadcam: and watching rogue and storm going:whoa: to colossus because he just wants to give everyone the business.

Yeah brining back jean was a mistake having cyclops abandon his wife and new born son and then turning her into a clone of jean and then a demon queen was dumb. Even though I like parts of inferno like cyclops giving sinister that work at the end.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yo, that hold story arc had you like:whoo:. Psylocke peering in the mind of sabertooth as he and wolverine fought and you see their history with each other:ohhh: because wolverine’s past was still secret and you learn that wolverine caught fade and got laid out by sabertooth. Nightcrawler and Kitty get that work:sadcam: and watching rogue and storm going:whoa: to colossus because he just wants to give everyone the business.

colossus-unhinged1.jpg

Wolverine was a way cooler character before we knew the ins and outs of his past, IMO. I missed Kitty and Nightcrawler in the late 80s era. It's a real shame they couldn't have briefly rejoined everyone in Inferno.

Yeah bringing back jean was a mistake having cyclops abandon his wife and new born son and then turning her into a clone of jean and then a demon queen was dumb. Even though I like parts of inferno like cyclops giving sinister that work at the end.

Scott was so out of character in those first X-factor issues :snoop:
:wow: at the way he ended Sinister though, that was crazy :gladbron:

HUDkmU59qv6diMiK996W8Ika7AvT4CzaEZ1OVLKrbmT2MzhsQRh-Hs_n7Gioe2N1HElAGui-IqKaroB0-7Su7TvwmxNPlyWswwvHOKnjCBHDu1dDkyJsgs-tyrBspmc=s0-d