Daps
Reppin
NULL
word, they digging up everybody's past to tarnish them

but this isn't a legal case of #me too, so I doubt anything will happen

she's not on the radar in 2023 as is

she might apologize, but she was young too so it shouldn't amount to anything

plus goin at rappers for their lyrics is too big to tackle

I remember Eminem in that song with Dre talking about how they should fukk that under age girl, I forgot the name of the song but I remember Eminem saying something like "look at her bush, does it got hair, fvck that bytch on the spot bare till she passes out and she forgot how she got there"

but of course they will never address that lyric :mjpls:
Em was narrating in that song.

If you want to get at him though, mention the song when he: "Went to gym in 8th grade/r@ped the women's swim team"

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
Em was narrating in that song.

If you want to get at him though, mention the song when he: "Went to gym in 8th grade/r@ped the women's swim team"

I wasn't trying to get at Em, that was just the first example I could think of, but even if Em was narrating the song it still was talking about an under age girl

but he's not the only one, I don't feel like naming a bunch of other examples because I'm getting sleepy, but I also remember in a DMX song where he said something like 'if you got a daughter 16 or older then I'm a rape her'...16 yrs old would count as under age

but the MC Lyte thing is just strange because why would they go way back and point her out

I know we're living in 2023 and times have changed as far as societies climate, but still

imagine if Biggie was still alive in this climate and he had to answer to his line 'don't you know my nicca gutter kidnap kids, fvck them in the ass, throw them over the bridge'

but the bottom line is rap artists say outlandish shyt, and rap is way too big to go after rappers saying wild shyt, it might take a lifetime

but pulling up MC Lyte's lyrics from 100 years ago totally surprised me, lol

No Ma’am

Bang, Bang, Bang
Daps
What state did she write those lyrics in?
full

RehReh

KasGoinJail 💀
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
It's messed up, but if she's 20 at the time it's not despicable.
Just like a 20 man with a 17 year old girl isn't entirely despicable

Lot people surprised like many of our grandma's wasn't married and pregnant by 16

Both of mine were.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
Ohh so this the shyt to be outraged about, but openly rapping about hating nikkas and committing essentially genocide isn't taken serious. Rap is jokes.
Why would me too twitter address black male genocide lyrics when It has nothing to do with what they’re about ?

Seems like black men would address the genocide music if we actually cared

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
I getting sick of these new nikkas trying to retro fit something that was said 30,35,40 years ago. They becoming annoying as fukk. But you bring up questionable shyt in books and movie they'll say that's different. I don't see them dragging Stifler's mom for fukking a teenager in American Pie.
Who’s the demographic for American Pie?

Another poster said along the lines that we’re bringing shyt up that literally no corporations, business partners, or really the general public gives a fukk about. We’re unnecessarily putting a spotlight on non-issues and making them an issue

Only thing that could make sense is starting discussions within the community about how we shouldn’t encourage that type of behavior today

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
word, they digging up everybody's past to tarnish them

but this isn't a legal case of #me too, so I doubt anything will happen

she's not on the radar in 2023 as is

she might apologize, but she was young too so it shouldn't amount to anything

plus goin at rappers for their lyrics is too big to tackle

I remember Eminem in that song with Dre talking about how they should fukk that under age girl, I forgot the name of the song but I remember Eminem saying something like "look at her bush, does it got hair, fvck that bytch on the spot bare till she passes out and she forgot how she got there"

but of course they will never address that lyric :mjpls:

White folks never get the same pressure that Black folks do, for the same crime.

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wasn't trying to get at Em, that was just the first example I could think of, but even if Em was narrating the song it still was talking about an under age girl

I didn't even read the rest of your comment yet but I will.

In that song, the beginning part of that verse says: "Meet Stan, 21 years old" As far as I know, Eminem was over 21 at the time so he's not referring to himself as the sexual assaulter in this verse. He's literally just telling a story. People can't tell stories anymore? Are we going to break retroactively cancel every single book and movie where somebody was telling a story about a sexual assault? The writers, actors, directors, etc. of law and order SVU are going to lose a lot of residuals.

I'm completely against bringing up old lyrics, and in some cases even bringing up certain new lyrics, to try to bring an artist down.

People here have been arguing for a while "why don't they start canceling artist they make songs about killing each other and selling drugs". Can you even imagine how crazy that would look considering that that's 90% of the genre of hip-hop?

I actually like artistic expression.

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
but the MC Lyte thing is just strange because why would they go way back and point her out
-too much free time, a relaxed easy lifestyle, trying to virtue signal somehow, etc.

Another poster said along the lines that we’re bringing shyt up that literally no corporations, business partners, or really the general public gives a fukk about. We’re unnecessarily putting a spotlight on non-issues and making them an issue

Big Facts!!