MC Lyte is the newest rapper under fire after her pedophilia lyrics resurface

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
Imagine waking up in 2023 and spending your day dissecting mc lyte lyrics as your outrage du jour

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yeah the more I find out it seem like this was 100% normalized and accepted in the 80’s
Wasn’t until the 2010s when it seems to fall out of favor. There are a lot of ppl who were fukking teenagers out here. Some stories will come out and most won’t. I think society is doing a good job of condemning the practice, these days.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Ooh, my little pretty one, pretty one
When you gonna give me some time, Sharona?
Ooh, you make my motor run, my motor run
Gun it coming off of the line, Sharona
Never gonna stop, give it up, such a dirty mind
I always get it up for the touch of the younger kind

MMMMMMMMMM OOHHHHHHHH MY SHARONA :bryan:

Daps
It's messed up, but if she's 20 at the time it's not despicable.
Just like a 20 man with a 17 year old girl isn't entirely despicable

Lot people surprised like many of our grandma's wasn't married and pregnant by 16

Both of mine were.

Look at the way you phrased this. You are part of the problem.

You say a 20 year old woman with a 17 year old boy isn't despicable.

Then you say that a 20 year old man with a 17 year old girl isn't "entirely" despicable, meaning you do find it despicable on some level.

If one of those situations is despicable to you, why isn't the other one?

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Disturbing lyrics but to shoot Lyte some bail, the song is from 91. Google says Lyte was born in 1970 so she was 21 at the time. A 21 year old female and a 17 y/o dude isn't THAT crazy. Plus 17 is age of consent in a lot of states including ny.
The age of consent also hasn’t ALWAYS been 18. As of 2007 only 7 states are age of consent at 18 (I think on the fed level though it’s 18?)
Most industrialized nation hover around 14-16 outside the US, not sure what makes us different. :manny:

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Stop going back 30+ years trying to cancel
folks :camby:

It's essential to recognize that societal norms evolve over time. Constantly revisiting and canceling individuals for actions decades ago may hinder the opportunity for growth and redemption. People can change, and it's crucial to acknowledge personal development rather than perpetually condemning someone for past mistakes. Society should encourage learning and evolving instead of fixating on historical errors that might not reflect the present character of an individual. Embracing forgiveness and understanding can foster a healthier environment for everyone :ufdup:

Last edited: