MC Hammer is the hero we didn't deserve.

BedRoomI'z

All Money In
Daps
Reppin
South Memphis
It's all goooooood uh huh (slow nod)
:myman:

When the little boy got killed in the Hammer VHS tape
:mjcry:

Hammer was a little too generous. He had like 30 people dancing on stage in order to give them jobs. That's nice, but not financially smart. These record labels don't give artists any financial training, or explain that everything they get has to be paid for: transportation, hair and makeup, security, food, costumes, publicist, marketing, producers, sound mixing, lighting, meanwhile, they're building homes with 10 water fountains.
That's another thing that fukked Hammer up a little bit. He elevated everybody around him.
Dance Groups like Ho-Frat-Ho, the girl dancers Torture and that singing group Special Generation. Hammer was like an inverse Master P.

Still it's much respect and love to Hammer for my childhood and physique alone. You had to dance and do the full routines with them :salute:

Last edited:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Y'all dudes are revising history in this thread.
HAMMER did not go broke because he put his entire hood on the payroll.

1...His brother Louis,his manager & a real street certified guy. ripped him off
2 Hammer spent money on luxury items as if he was going to gross the same amount of money or more every year.....when his star fell and the mainstream audience turned their back on him...he couldn't support the lifestyle that HE decided to adopt.
PERIOD.

a-ham.jpg

Hammer was flossing for real.....no rentals.

I remember reading this article in Ebony.....he found out what Tyson, 50 cent & Holyfield learned later
If you have a 20 million dollar home on 15 acres of land....how much do you have to pay just for maintenance/utilities and property taxes every year?

Last edited:

Nintendough

#Kliq
Daps
Reppin
Eagles, Canes, Kliq, Sixers
Hammer was the OG rap mega star. Laid out ground work for the current guys. Sadly we forget our legends on purpose. Cacs of young age can tell you anything about elvis or ozzy but our youth cant tell you a single line before 2001.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
The problems were:

1. He jumped out the window dissing legends for no reason
2. He was mediocre to wack

there was a thread where somebody explained the backstory behind hammer's beefs with run dmc & doug e fresh.

hammer ended up signing doug e fresh anyway.

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
Coincidentally was playing "Return of the Funky Headhunter" in the whip during the week.

I will always support MC Hammer until the day I die.

Yes, i agree. Black folks turned their backs on him... but this vigga grew up idolizing the man.

He will always be my deity... and the greatest entertainer my big world has ever witnessed.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I think you nailed it.
As a choice for dance music NJS was replaced by miami bass and more crunk music, which let the singers of NJS nothing to do but fall back on "neo soul"

new jack swing died out like a full decade before crunk music.

new jack swing was replaced with hip-hop soul.

Surprised he never came out with a workout video for his songs

:ohhh: