MC Hammer is the hero we didn't deserve.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
there was a thread where somebody explained the backstory behind hammer's beefs with run dmc & doug e fresh.

hammer ended up signing doug e fresh anyway.

Dissed LL also. Even if he felt justified, they were titans, he was a peon, and wack, so he should have just danced and smiled and stayed I his lane. LL DEMOLISHED him:mjlol:. Any chance of him being taken seriously was a wrap then.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Dissed LL also. Even if he felt justified, they were titans, he was a peon, and wack, so he should have just danced and smiled and stayed I his lane. LL DEMOLISHED him:mjlol:. Any chance of him being taken seriously was a wrap then.

what type of logic is that?

and I don't think any hammer fans cared about him losing a battle. half of them prolly weren't even aware of it.

Mac Brown

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-town
GTY_tupac_hammer_jef_160520_16x9_1600.jpg

i posted an exclusive photo with me and pac..hammer was in the background!! on sohh!!

Yes i was close with my brother Pac..and met hammer and he gave me a lecture on so many things about business and people..bless brother!

:salute: A lot of these nikkas don't know your history. Always with great gems breh!

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
Keith Sweat's work with Riley didn't happen until after Guy if I remember correctly.
NJS had nothing to do with being able to be rapped over, it was mainly putting hard rhythm section and drumming in R&B songs.
Which is why you can hear NJS even before Riley in Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis with Janet in Control, that came out in what 85 - 86.
They refined their process and then put out major NJS music with Janet in Rhythm Nation, New Edition (If it isn't love is definition of new jack) Rub you the right (Johhny Gill), Ralph Tresvant Sensitivity, hell you can even hear it in Scream with MJ and Janet.
You had BBD doing it with poison and do me baby
Troop Spread my Wings is NJS
Color Me Badd I wanna sex you up is NJS

So the notion that you can rap over it is miscategorizing what NJS was IMHO

Spot on bedsides keith sweat was 88