Maybe the Entertainment Industry Needs a Hard Reset (SAG Strike, Music Checks etc)

peppe

Superstar
Daps
People should always be paid fairly.

BUT

Paying people more for the trash they put out now :francis:

it's been nothing but flops at the boxoffice lately and it's all because of trash writing. Again you also need strong supervisors/managers/leaders to keep these fools in check.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
You have no idea what you’re talking about and refuse to even educate yourself on it so I’m why should I give a shyt what you think?

:bryan:

fukking bootlicker
I’m listening to this crap. You’re a bootlicker because this isn’t a bunch of bruhs we are talking about here.

It’s a bunch of spoiled, elitist cacs who practice nepotism and gatekeeping who are bytching.

You didn’t dispel anything I wrote about business itself btw.

You said “listen to these cacs explain a narrative I can’t convey myself”.

Daps
I’m listening to this crap. You’re a bootlicker because this isn’t a bunch of bruhs we are talking about here.

It’s a bunch of spoiled, elitist cacs who practice nepotism and gatekeeping who are bytching.
Watch the video or stop posting. Once again you have zero understanding of what you’re talking about. They lay it out quite well in the video. You’re a bootlicker for white rich capitalists. It’s that simple have a nice day

You’re anti labor and therefore a piece of dogshyt

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
Watch the video or stop posting. Once again you have zero understanding of what you’re talking about. They lay it out quite well in the video. You’re a bootlicker for white rich capitalists. It’s that simple have a nice day

You’re anti labor and therefore a piece of dogshyt
:russ: :umad:

I hoped they’ve saved their money because once they have to get other jobs or use their degrees in not so interesting industries; they’ll be running back taking whatever deal.

Let’s keep it funky, people pursue and dream of creative professions because “regular” work sucks. There are thousands if not millions who go to LA in hopes of getting one of those coveted 10k to 12k writer jobs. It’s no meritocracy in Hollywood on any level. It’s literally who you know.

Here’s the studio leverage. Don’t write. Fine! The world will move on to something else. The latest box office receipts are showing that. So much content has been produced in the last decade that it’s impossible for everyone to have consumed everything. Look at Tubi starting to pop now and those aren’t a bunch of WGA writers or SAG actors. Hell, majority of them wouldn’t make it pass security for an opportunity to write on Yellowstone. 😂

FOH!

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
The issue is that technology and profits is dictating art and not vice versa. The reason why shows and films are becoming more disposable and derivative is because most studios are only going to green light things are a) cheap, b) profitable, c) drives engagement or d) all of the above.

The boom in reality shows is the industry’s reaction to the last strike as you don’t need writers or “actors.”

It’s not the writers/actors faults that entertainment has gotten worse because a lot of the shows/films we complain about now wouldn’t have gotten greenlit in Hollywood’s heyday as there was more quality.

Low key, this is why international television (UK, K-Drama, etc) has been able to thrive in the streaming era because the industries within the the respective countries are a lot smaller which means writing has to be key because studios can’t afford to just keep throwing money at failed shows.
Their talent leave the UK and come here because it doesn’t pay.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the studios can stop producing as much content and as much trash content while still meeting the demands of the writers and actors.

whatever quality of content you see has more to do with the quality control of studios and producers, it has nothing to do with the demands of the strikers.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Their talent leave the UK and come here because it doesn’t pay.

The money just isn’t here in the UK. Our film industry is very small and we have more of a TV series culture, there are only so many roles to go around :manny:

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
Just think though, with the people who have written stuff like Breaking Bad and Expanse are Tubi movie writers who feel like they didnt get enough for “My Babydaddy Gave My Cousin’s Deacon Syphillis”

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No one has had any original ideas on a mass scale since 2017, and I'm being generous

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Well, the “ideas” are still original for the movies, Hollywood just wants to have the same actors doing new things to hide behind very safe franchise brand names.

It does get tiring seeing an 87 year old Harrison Ford trying to do action movies though :beli:
It’s not just that. The “new” ideas are basically impossible to flourish because you could make it back on the VHS/DVD indie market or some studios could pick it up but you still gotta compete with all that big box mid.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Its not just the entertainment industry, this whole shyt(the planet) needs a HARD rest, we need a revolution.

The greed of the 1% has reached a new disgusting high and this whole shyt needs to be burned down to the ground, a competent planet wouldve never allowed for what happened before, DURING and after the pandemic to take place, we all literally sat by and allowed the rich to dog walk us and be ok with it. There's no regulation with them, they have no rules
This isn’t about the 1%. It’s actually the gatekeepers not enforcing restrictions.

Fact is too many industry participants don’t want to be told they don’t need to be in the industry.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
US entertainment already passed its peak. From now on, it will be a slow decline.

Take american music for instance: the driving force behind it was black music and behind it the black church. All of it is dead.

The 90's were the last era of greatness.
:yeshrug:
Spider-Man and wakanda showing new markets. Peep game.