[May 6th] Bad Bunny to Host Backlash, Live from San Juan, Puerto Rico (Official PLE Thread)

taker597

Superstar
Daps
PWInsider: Producers for last night's Backlash
PW Insider:

-TJ Wilson produced the WWE Raw Women’s Championship Match with Bianca Belair defending against IYO SKY

-Adam Pearce produced Seth Rollins vs. Omos

-Chris Park (Abyss) produced the Triple Threat WWE United States Championship Match with Austin Theory vs. Bronson Reed vs. Bobby Lashley

-Jamie Noble and Brian Kendrick produced the San Juan Street Fight between Bad Bunny and Damian Priest

-Shawn Daivari produced the WWE SmackDown Championship Match with Rhea Ripley defending against Zelina Vega

-Jason Jordan produced the six-man tag team match with the Bloodline (the Usos and Solo Sikoa) vs. Undisputed WWE Tag Team Champions Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn and Matt Riddle.

-Michael P.S. Hayes produced Brock Lesnar vs. Cody Rhodes

Explains the main event ending. Lol

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
On 2nd watch, the Bad Bunny vs. Damian Priest match is even better. It’s :mindblown: that it didn’t close the show.

It’s also wild that the 6-man tag match was put in the “death slot” which is literally where the divas matches would go after a major match.

Part of me thinks that it was a Vince call to have Brock and Cody close the show. But another part of me feels that Hunter and company saw the rockstar reaction Cody got during the press conference and on SD and thought that Cody’s popularity would keep the momentum going…

But nah..they had to read that room. Cody and Brock’s match should have took place before the tag match.

That Bad Bunny entrance is legendary as fukk. NEVER even my life that i seen a celebrity have a reaction like that at a wrestling event and in the same time sing the lyrics to his song WORD FOR DAMN WORD :damn:!! Felt like a concert..

And Bad Bunny came out like :ahh:

Someone on twitter said that match felt like what would have happened if Michael Jackson showed up and went against Shawn Michaels. And that summed it up perfectly.

Like that was a once in a lifetime moment right there.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
On 2nd watch, the Bad Bunny vs. Damian Priest match is even better. It’s :mindblown: that it didn’t close the show.

It’s also wild that the 6-man tag match was put in the “death slot” which is literally where the divas matches would go after a major match.

Part of me thinks that it was a Vince call to have Brock and Cody close the show. But another part of me feels that Hunter and company saw the rockstar reaction Cody got during the press conference and on SD and thought that Cody’s popularity would keep the momentum going…

But nah..they had to read that room. Cody and Brock’s match should have took place before the tag match.

That Bad Bunny entrance is legendary as fukk. NEVER even my life that i seen a celebrity have a reaction like that at a wrestling event and in the same time sing the lyrics to his song WORD FOR DAMN WORD :damn:!! Felt like a concert..

And Bad Bunny came out like :ahh:

Someone on twitter said that match felt like what would have happened if Michael Jackson showed up and went against Shawn Michaels. And that summed it up perfectly.

Like that was a once in a lifetime moment right there.
When have you known Vince to pass up a chance at maximizing mainstream exposure? :pachaha:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Other than having a unique look, I'll never understand all this hype for Rhea Ripley. She really ain't a good promo at all and I don't think she's anything special in the ring either. Y'all won't change my mind.
:manny:
We might be on an island here breh. She's good in the ring but is mediocre to bad at everything else. The fact that she is basically ripping off Chyna tells you everything you need to know about her drawing power at being herself.

Trips

Superstar
Daps
Show was really fun. Only match I wasn't really into was Rollins-Omos. Zelina was fun for the entrance reaction but we all knew it was just a squash with bells and whistles.

Bianca-Iyo
The Street Fight exceeded expectations

6 man and 3 way were solid. Cody - Brock was fine but felt deflated after what it followed.

Kind of feel if the feeling is sending the crowd home happy. Street Fight with the cameos should have closed

Jesus H. Christ

I died for your sins
Daps
He is a nobody to non Latinos.
mostly only latinos stan him end of the day.
sonriente-bad-bunny.gif

FOH. Ain't no way Latinos are the only ones listening to him. I think you're underestimating his fan base.

Bad bunny a nobody to non Latinos? :dead:

Trips

Superstar
Daps
Bad Bunny all the K pop groups. I'm old and out of touch. But they got reaches. I got an analyst on my staff who loves KPop. She's 30 and looks like an emo/goth chick.

Don't doubt the popularity/reach it's real

Daps
fukk all that. Her resume has been elite for three years. Put her on that pedestal.
I know what you mean. I agree to a point

My opinion is HBK was smaller than than all the massive guys he wrestled and was a very fast and sudden with his moves.

I love Bianca but she is 90s Sting to a tee. Very powerful, colorful, and usually bigger than her opponents.

Seth Rollins has been HBK Jr. Since he debuted in 2012.
Usually the best match goes on last but in this case I don't have an issue it didn't. Nobody went into Backlash thinking Bunny vs Priest was the match everybody wants to see. Only reason anybody's saying it now is after watching the whole event lol

If they had gone into the show advertising Bunny/Priest as the main event, everybody complaining it wasn't after the fact, would've gone into Backlash complaining Brock vs Cody wasn't main event. The room ain't worth reading when somebody's gonna complain regardless
They're extremely dumb not to have Bunny main event after that pop on Smackdown.

I don't even care If the match sucked. They should've known with the amount of weapons, table spot, run ins, surprises, and a heart felt ending moment at the end for the biggest music star in the world. There's no topping that. Only reason it's ok in retrospect because the crowd was just happy to see the stars in 18 years absence

Brock hasn't had a classic match in a long time.

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
Other than having a unique look, I'll never understand all this hype for Rhea Ripley. She really ain't a good promo at all and I don't think she's anything special in the ring either. Y'all won't change my mind.
:manny:
nikkas just got horny for her once she joined judgement day and started wearing shorts and pinning bytches in that sexual position

they'll turn on her like they do everybody else especially if she holds the title long enough

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
nikkas just got horny for her once she joined judgement day and started wearing shorts and pinning bytches in that sexual position

they'll turn on her like they do everybody else especially if she holds the title long enough
Not every wrestling fan is some sexually frustrated simp :mjlol:

Ripley is athletic, she can wrestle and do some impressive spots for a female. And most importantly she looks believable in the ring. A badass female character.

You either get this or you get trash like 5ft midget Alexa Bliss shooting fireballs at Randy Orton

WWE writers are not good enough to come up with a dozen of dope female characters. They are still hiring bucky beaver goofs like kevin dunn who said female wrestling was unnecessary and rejecting every idea if a female wrestler did not look sexy enough to him :mjlol: