‘MaXXXine’ | Official Trailer | A24 (Sequel to Ti West’s ‘X’) [7/5]

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I had fun with most of it, especially the cast, but that last act…fukkin’ yikes. This trilogy deserves better than that.

Reminded me of Scream 3 in regards to how ridiculous things got towards the end. Some people might enjoy that, but it wasn’t for me. There also wasn’t nearly enough giallo fukkery in this, despite the vibe calling out De Palma, Fulci, and Argento’s names.

The killer didn’t even have the most fukked up scene. That belonged to Maxine fukkin’ Minx. Homie getting his balls crushed to smithereens caught me completely off guard, and I was hoping the film would not shy away from more grotesque sequences. :francis:

That bit really was a blast to the past to the no-fukks-given style of 80s horror filmmaking and no other scene afterwards could match that intensity, IMO.

But I’ve never checked out harder after a reveal. At least, not in a long time. It felt like I was watching ‘The Sacrament’ again, which is my least favorite thing that Ti has directed.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I had fun with most of it, especially the cast, but that last act…fukkin’ yikes. This trilogy deserves better than that.

Reminded me of Scream 3 in regards to how ridiculous things got towards the end. Some people might enjoy that, but it wasn’t for me. There also wasn’t nearly enough giallo fukkery in this, despite the vibe calling out De Palma, Fulci, and Argento’s names.

The killer didn’t even have the most fukked up scene. That belonged to Maxine fukkin’ Minx. Homie getting his balls crushed to smithereens caught me completely off guard, and I was hoping the film would not shy away from more grotesque sequences. :francis:

That bit really was a blast to the past to the no-fukks-given style of 80s horror filmmaking and no other scene afterwards could match that intensity, IMO.

But I’ve never checked out harder after a reveal. At least, not in a long time. It felt like I was watching ‘The Sacrament’ again, which is my least favorite thing that Ti has directed.
The shootout was terrible. Smh. Not enough fukkery. The balls scene for the loudest reaction I might have ever heard in a theater in my life

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For those of you who've already seen it, is it worth the theater viewing? Was thinking of maybe going tonight

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Damn... they dropped the ball. Just to take a guess it seems like they had something in mind for the trilogy at the beginning and something, or someone, happened during the production of Pearl. They needed to have way more connectivity in that movie if they were gonna pull that last act off here. shyt came out of left field like a jump scare.

Whole movie was underwhelming as shyt, gore didn't even look remotely real. Should've decided from X to either make it all about Maxxxine's journey or make it about the 80s/slasher/horror theme not all at once. But an admirable attempt at a quick horror trilogy all in all. Kevin Bacon was pretty good here imo. That's the only thing I really remember besides Maxxxine having that round bubble butt.. they didn't even let her go off for real.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
GRwE-wKX0AAN0Ys

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
This was a good finale, not spectacular but I still really enjoyed it. I know it’s not going to be everyone’s cup of tea but these movies, this trilogy, is unique and inspired in its storytelling and character driven plot. We need more experimentation and playful meta in horror and film in general. Sometimes this one got a little too meta but I like that the writers went for it. Some of the kills were really over the top but that made it fun too and it fit the whole vibe. Mia Goth, Kevin Bacon, and Giancarlo Esposito were excellent. Kevin Bacon especially was in rare form lol. 8.5/10

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
This was a good finale, not spectacular but I still really enjoyed it. I know it’s not going to be everyone’s cup of tea but these movies, this trilogy, is unique and inspired in its storytelling and character driven plot. We need more experimentation and playful meta in horror and film in general. Sometimes this one got a little too meta but I like that the writers went for it. Some of the kills were really over the top but that made it fun too and it fit the whole vibe. Mia Goth, Kevin Bacon, and Giancarlo Esposito were excellent. Kevin Bacon especially was in rare form lol. 8.5/10
if you liked bacon in this, you may like him in the new beverly hills cop

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
So brehs, been trying to find the right time within a busy schedule to watch the first two

Is it imperative that I do so before watching MaXXXine? Or can I skate by just knocking that out first? Know a local theater showing it in 35mm and I wanna peep that limited run