‘MaXXXine’ | Official Trailer | A24 (Sequel to Ti West’s ‘X’) [7/5]

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
X wasn't really good to me, didn't hate it, just was pretty underwhelmed.

I liked the House of the Devil, This looks good, saw the trailer yesterday, too much camp maybe, X wasn't scary and it wasn't funny, and it was shot pretty pedestrian. This looks more stylish.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
X wasn't really good to me, didn't hate it, just was pretty underwhelmed.

I liked the House of the Devil, This looks good, saw the trailer yesterday, too much camp maybe, X wasn't scary and it wasn't funny, and it was shot pretty pedestrian. This looks more stylish.
Pearl was more creative and better than X even though it was simple and to the point. I want to see Maxxxine tho, I'm liking the trailers.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
GRCkffqX0AAgBZT

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Weakest of the 3. A bit disappointed. As I've said before I'm so sick of the 80s. Let it go.
We're as far from the 80s as the 40s were during the 80s.

Goth was great in this as was bacon and debicki. Script just wasn't that great. Still worth seeing
I got 80s fatigue too, but I feel like Ti had to pay his respects to that time period while crafting a love letter to the giallo sub-genre. Would’ve been weird otherwise. Those type of flicks had a run during the decade and tapered off once the 90s hit.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I listened and read some reviews last week saying it was good but still the weakest of the three.

Is it a homage to giallo movies? A couple people said it wasn't but what they described the movie as fit the description so I'm confused.

Everyone did say that Mia Goth and Kevin Bacon were good.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
I got 80s fatigue too, but I feel like Ti had to pay his respects to that time period while crafting a love letter to the giallo sub-genre. Would’ve been weird otherwise. Those type of flicks had a run during the decade and tapered off once the 90s hit.
Yeah I think the whole 80s synth wave shyt has officially run its course

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I listened and read some reviews last week saying it was good but still the weakest of the three.

Is it a homage to giallo movies? A couple people said it wasn't but what they described the movie as fit the description so I'm confused.

Everyone did say that Mia Goth and Kevin Bacon were good.
The trailer had clear homages to that so I assume so.

I'm gonna go on Saturday or Sunday. Loved X and Pearl. Both have a lot of blatant influences but work as their own films. Whereas I felt like Ti West's earlier film, House Of The Devil, was undercooked due to relying too much on mimicking horror beats. Still an interesting film visually with some great moments though.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Weakest of the 3. A bit disappointed. As I've said before I'm so sick of the 80s. Let it go.
We're as far from the 80s as the 40s were during the 80s.

Goth was great in this as was bacon and debicki. Script just wasn't that great. Still worth seeing
Weakest? That's pretty bad considering X was mid and Pearl imo was more enjoyable. Looked like this would be a slam dunk. I was gonna take my girl to see this but I'll wait now.