Mavs .5 game out of playoffs, chose to tank to maybe keep a fringe top 10 pick

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Bucks are sitting everyone against Memphis, so they'll almost certainly be locked in after tonight.
Of course they are 🤮

Also just realized the Bulls have nothing to play for either. They are locked into the 10 spot no matter what we might see their bench tonight too

I'm about to drop some cash on Luka overs he's gonna score like 50 tonight

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Thread title is wrong. OKC has the tiebreaker so Dallas isn't 0.5 games out of the play-in. They would need to win their last two games AND have OKC lose in order to make the play-in, and Memphis has nothing to play for so it's pretty much guaranteed that OKC was gonna win their final game if they wanted to.

If Dallas was actually trying to miss the playoffs, they wouldn't have played Kyrie 43 minutes and Luka 38 minutes in a 123-119 win over the Kings in their previous game. But then the Thunder beat the Jazz the next night, and it looks like they saw the writing on the wall at that point.

Dallas was shot, they didn't really have a chance anymore.
I'm surprised they aren't sitting Luka out as well as he's made it clear of playing until the end.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
The NBA needs to ban "protected" picks. It creates too many perverse incentives.
Well they weren’t tanking the whole year. That’s not the point. I’m saying that NOW when things can go in either direction they are making their choice. It’s horrible optics.

Why not play it out and if OKC wins as everyone assumes, you can hit the fake hustle ‘aww shucks we really wanted to win but we’re out’. By pulling out when OKC hasn’t even won yet it’s atrocious optics and in this hypersensitive player climate it’s something to remember if Luka demands a trade down the line
Luka's not gonna give the Mavs brownie points for fighting valiantly til the end.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
The funniest thing about the fervor over this pick is the mavs are obsessed with Luka ball and repress talent anyway. They not gon do nothing but draft another 3&D :bryan:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
That doesn’t negate my point :jbhmm:

You can’t gain anything by fighting to the end, but you damn sure can LOSE ground by quitting
Them being in this situation is bad enough. That's what Luka will take out of it, not this notion that they didn't fight hard enough for the 10 spot that still likely keeps them out of the playoffs.