Master of None Presents: Moments in Love (Official Season 3 Thread)

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This shyt was dope. it felt like teh first two seasons were very much. young dumb and full of life. and this season felt like life has really humbled everyone and they would love for it to be their 20's again. to me it was relatable.

would love to see another 5 episodes dropped later this year basically showing the same thing with aziz. we see them cross paths in the same spots(the dinner and the other occasion i cant remember) then we see how aziz is handling his relationship and life at his parents with his girl etc.

they did their thing with this season. it woudlve been easy to make another whimsical millennial dream. i appreciate they didnt feel the need to do that because majority of shows woudve just went that route in fear of failing

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
I see it as a deeply personal piece of work. The first two seasons were clearly more naive and innocent in their portrayal of romance in your 30s, while this season carries a much more somber and serious take.

As it turns out, there are, in fact, much more serious things in life other than briefly running into your ex on the street, or not being able to get with the silly Italian woman you flirt with.

Stalling careers, miscarriages, divorce, and malaise from the uncertainty of it all, are just as real as all the good times enjoyed in the first two seasons.

"We used to have it so good. Running around New York, doing whatever we wanted, having fun every day. I never realized, how good I had it."

It's a theme I've spotted a bit more recently, but it's certainly not unique to this generation. Living a decadent life, only to become burnt out. We certainly see Dev going through that, and we also see Lena's character go through that, albeit both in different ways.

There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that they could've kept making the same show, but these episodes demonstrate their growth as writers and people.

powerful post :ehh:

you’ve convinced me to eventually watch this season :salute:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I'm on episode 3, and all the memorable scenes are when aziz shows up.

the episode with ol girl trying to get pregnant was ponderous as hell.

Daps
Two episodes in, and not feeling the tone switch. I have no problem with Lena’s acting; thought she was good as a side character in the first two seasons. The Thanksgiving episodes gave me hope for this season, thought seeing her life in NYC coulda been great, but then they switched it all up. :snoop:

I’m sure this season will get critical acclaim from the ‘artsy’ crowd, but it ain’t for me. :hubie:

Good thing it’s only 5 episodes, and I see folks hinting about a great episode 4. So I’ll see it through. Hopefully she goes back to the city. :francis:

Side bar: nikkas in here talking about Lena “stealing” Aziz’s show like he ain’t executive producing and directing (at least these first two episodes) :mjlol: