Master of None Presents: Moments in Love (Official Season 3 Thread)

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
That would’ve been great to show on screen.

Yeah I agree, we got a whole episode about Alicia and the infertility clinic - this should've been mixed with showing Denise living the 9 to 5 life, or that should've been the next episode nad then have them come back together.

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
Watched it yesterday with my girl, i was expecting to see where Aziz was. This should’ve been a spin off

Jblaze204

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uptown NY
thread took a hell of a turn

went from :blessed: to :dame::francis: to :mjcry:

i'll pass but not because of the lgbt stuff. i got other stuff i want to check out

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Finished it recently and I think I laughed one or two times through the whole thing. It definitely felt like it was taking a more dramatic turn which makes sense given that Denise is funny, but her goal isn't to be funny and it never really was.

It felt like a total deconstruction of the tropes we see about couples. Marketing made it look like this would be a story of the two of them growing together and it is that sort of, but in a different way. People fall off its a part of life and it was refreshing to see that.

That moment where she talked about the difference between being successful and then falling off back into a 'normal' life. We don't get those stories enough, stories about how much of a role luck plays in someone's rise and how they can fall off like that. Right now there are famous people who were hot in the 80s and 90s now working 9-5 jobs like anyone else while charging 50 bucks for endorsement.

With shows like this, bojack horseman and hacks you're getting more of a peek at how people idealize fame and monetary success but don't realize that those things do have a price and there are celebrities living right now that did and saw shyt that they can never take back or speak on. Their bodies are basically an elaborate sarcophagus and their life is a beautiful chamber with gold, jewels, etc. But their souls are dead like the mummy in the sarcophagus.

Its commentary on aging too was fukking powerful. I FELT the anxiety of a woman thinking 'after 35 this ship could sail just when I'm finally getting into the groove of things with my life. I really do have to decide whether having a career and relationship is worth it if I can never have a child'. Thats the power of art, to make you feel what someone you've never met before us going through :wow:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Aziz just dropped a comedy stand-up special on Netflix today. It’s a short one but I thought it was pretty good.