• Mass Effect 3

Votes: 15 12.6%

• Total voters

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
The lore, as in; Reapers, extinction cycle, Catalyst, Protheans, etc, etc.

As opposed to just running up in the Citadel (with 2 other teammates--I hated all those DLCs where you were fighting solo or with one teammate) killing or controlling the Reapers and make the rest of the game about the characters--like the whole series is about--and the post Reaper War world. I would have like them teasing intergalactic imbalance.

If it was about the lore, that was a really bad way to go about it. I was very familiar with the lore when I initially finished and even I was confused about what exactly was happening and how / why it went down.

Indeed, if they went about it the way you mentioned on your second paragraph, and included EMS to help shape how successful or unsuccessful you would be in achieving the goal, there would be little to no complaints. Instead, they went with the smart-dumb approach.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
If it was about the lore, that was a really bad way to go about it. I was very familiar with the lore when I initially finished and even I was confused about what exactly was happening and how / why it went down.

Indeed, if they went about it the way you mentioned on your second paragraph, and included EMS to help shape how successful or unsuccessful you would be in achieving the goal, there would be little to no complaints. Instead, they went with the smart-dumb approach.
The whole EMS thing was dope.

The fact of the matter is they messed up with bringing in that Starchild what so ever and making the endings at 95% the same (:guilty: I mean the colors weren't the only thing different).

If the endings were all unique :banderas:

Just give us like 5 different endings.

Plus, like I said in another post, the whole "Reapers-wipe-the-galaxy-every-50k-years-to-preserve-life" thing makes too little sense to try to go into detail with as a writer. That's why I think the next one will be Reaper free.

They'd were better off making the Reapers mysterious.

They did enough over the three games to make me not give a damn where they came from and wanting to merk 'em all.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
The whole EMS thing was dope.

The fact of the matter is they messed up with bringing in that Starchild what so ever and making the endings at 95% the same (:guilty: I mean the colors weren't the only thing different).

If the endings were all unique :banderas:

Just give us like 5 different endings.

Plus, like I said in another post, the whole "Reapers-wipe-the-galaxy-every-50k-years-to-preserve-life" thing makes too little sense to try to go into detail with as a writer. That's why I think the next one will be Reaper free.

They'd were better off making the Reapers mysterious.

They did enough over the three games to make me not give a damn where they came from and wanting to merk 'em all.

For real, all they had to do was keep it real simple: build crucible, build army to support it, find catalyst, get crucible and catalyst together, and boom, it either works because of your decisions, or not because of your decisions. But alas, we got what we got.

A shame, ME3 was very fun.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
If you have the PC version of ME3, the mods take care of everything, its just sad the team clearly didn't work with the same people who wrote and developed ME1. I know they had the same writer for one and two, but the narrative was very forced in the sequel, and collecting people to fight the...collectors (derr hurr clever) was just boring. Gaining the loyalty of some teammates was fine, but Garrus and Tali? C'mon son.

The shooting got better, but the RPG aspect was lost. Again however, if you have the pc versions, the whole ammo debacle is handled, but we're still left with a mission complete screen, loyalty missions, and zero planet exploration. It wasn't a better sequel, it was a cleaner, tighter, linear shooter.

Since then they didn't do any better, so bad that the original ceo's of Biowar left due "to pursuing other endeavors". :francis:

ThatTruth777

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't its tough to decide :patrice:, I really got engrossed by the story in #1 and how immersive the universe was I guess you could say. It felt like you had more choices to make and it impacted how the game went along but the combat was booty. #3 took care of the combat but the story was ass, its still fun to play but it lost something on that installment, like the feel I suppose. #2 was cool, its like a compromise of the first and last games so I would have to roll with that one I guess.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
:huh: Ya'll ain't updating?

Just saw this...More ME1?!?

:mjbats: I'm ready.

I'm actually 23 hours into ME2, now. I just did a series of missions that I've never done, before. How, after beating this game like 9 times, I don't know? It was something about Eclipse. They were cool.

I also, for the first time, didn't just talk to the ppl on the left of the trial (Tali's)

I didn't know they were ppl on the otherside and you could talk to ppl by the entrance. Cool.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Did a final ME run not long ago, from 1-3, as Male Shep. Romanced Ashley (who's a very underrated character).

Looking back, overall:

ME 1: Great setup of the ME world and atmosphere. The story is on point. That exploration / futurist feel will never get old.

ME 2: Def a character centric game and the story isn't solid as ME 1, but the characters and gaming mechanic make this a very, very, very fun game. The suicide mission = excellent.

ME 3: Honestly, this had THE highest potential for greatness. The story was good, if not great at times. The gaming mechanic was even better than ME 2. AND the characterization was still there. If only they had the ME 2 characters be a bit more involved in the plot, it would've def been an even better look. But that ending brehs...that ending *sighs*:francis:.

Prior to doing this run, I haven't played any ME game in almost 4 years. Knowing what I knew about the ending, I wondered if I would change my mind about the ending. Originally went from control in the original ending, then changed to refuse in the extended cut when it came out.

In the end...I didn't change my mind. Stuck to refuse. Couldn't fukk with the other choices. The ending played out. I was satisfied with my decision. Turned off the game and eventually sold it.

Still won't be buying any bioware games after all the fukkery that happened during the ME 3 ending situation. That said, I hope bioware learned their lesson from the whole situation and will provide to those looking forward to Andromeda and subsequent ME titles a product both the company and the fans can be proud off.

ME 3 almost gave the initial trilogy that stamp needed for greatness, but in the end, it simply didn't stuck the landing. I'm fortunate that the refuse option was made available in the end via the extended cut, allowing me to have finality with the ME franchise and bioware.