lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Zelda" is being called one of the greatest games of all time, "Horizon" isn't. Not with the same frequency.

Nor are they being reviewed equally well.

This ain't about Sony vs Nintendo because if it was....let's say "Last Of Us 2" the same thing would happen to "Horizon". And like I said, I doubt this is intentional but the next big game to come out is "Andromeda" and people would rather compare "Horizon" to that because a comparison to "Zelda" is not as favorable.

Fred.

every zelda game that comes out is called 'one of the greatest of all time', whether it's true or not....at this point, it's just the thing to say, cliche...

anyway, i dont think the comparison has anything to do with making a game look favorably, being sony vs nin, none of that....like i said: it's cause meA and horizon are more similar than horizon and zelda...the game play for the former group is a lot alike, the main difference being one is squad based, the other is solo....

...anyway, even though the games are similar, i dont think they should be compared for the difference i said....the only reason i quoted you is cause it was like you were trying to slight horizon cause people arent giving it zelda praise, and i dont agree with doing that....no need to knock 1 to make another look better....i'm just gonna enjoy it all....but i gotta remember, knocking 1 to prop another up is the era we live in....

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Thank god you arent an arcadium mod, youd be trying to get people banned from threads for criticism.

"we arent trying to turn this place into TLR"

That soft stance creates a haven for bytch nikkas.
:mjlol:

:camby:

Son....are you retarded?

I was talking about people on other boards and social media ranting about trivial shyt like facial animations and saying the game play looks boring. I guess if the shoe fits wear it but I haven't read any of your posts to know if what I said applies to you. I don't check for your posts like that, who do you think you are? :what:

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
every zelda game that comes out is called 'one of the greatest of all time', whether it's true or not....at this point, it's just the thing to say, cliche...

anyway, i dont think the comparison has anything to do with making a game look favorably, being sony vs nin, none of that....like i said: it's cause meA and horizon are more similar than horizon and zelda...the game play for the former group is a lot alike, the main difference being one is squad based, the other is solo....

...anyway, even though the games are similar, i dont think they should be compared for the difference i said....the only reason i quoted you is cause it was like you were trying to slight horizon cause people arent giving it zelda praise, and i dont agree with doing that....no need to knock 1 to make another look better....i'm just gonna enjoy it all....but i gotta remember, knocking 1 to prop another up is the era we live in....

I don't follow your logic. All three games are comparable because they're open world (-ish) action RPGs. Regardless of whether or not it's deserved in your opinion, "Breath Of The Wild" is being called a GOAT. Potentially the GOAT. "Horizon" isn't. Again, I have no dog in this fight, I don't own either game. I'm just saying what I see. I didn't start the "Zelda vs Horizon" discussion, it was going on long before I commented on it.

And hell....even conceding the point that Zelda games receive an undeserved amount of praise, it's still more favorable to "Horizon" to compare it to "Andromeda" than a Zelda game.

Fred.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Son....are you retarded?

I was talking about people on other boards and social media ranting about trivial shyt like facial animations and saying the game play looks boring. I guess if the shoe fits wear it but I haven't read any of your posts to know if what I said applies to you. I don't check for your posts like that, who do you think you are? :what:

Fred.
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

EZ hex, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

First of all?

This is first.....

Im not your fukkin son. :ufdup:

Thats first like 1

2. You need to accept some critisism on this game you been stanning for the last Decade now because youve been blinded

Combat, is wackamole status and need a better variety of enemy offense to enhance the gameplay experience.

The enemies largely just stand around behind cover or out in the open shooting and you run up and do whatever you want to them. Games like Dark Souls, Horizon, etc, have now dicated that enemies need to do a litle more offensively to keep combat from being stale. Lookng at this combat, i really see nothing new in terms of what enemies can do. Its like they work on making the heroes powers better but keep the enemies standard and dumb. Im looking forwared to exposing how basic this combat is on

Insanity,

Something i know you dont have the stomach for.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't follow your logic. All three games are comparable because they're open world (-ish) action RPGs. Regardless of whether or not it's deserved in your opinion, "Breath Of The Wild" is being called a GOAT. Potentially the GOAT. "Horizon" isn't. Again, I have no dog in this fight, I don't own either game. I'm just saying what I see. I didn't start the "Zelda vs Horizon" discussion, it was going on long before I commented on it.

And hell....even conceding the point that Zelda games receive an undeserved amount of praise, it's still more favorable to "Horizon" to compare it to "Andromeda" than a Zelda game.

Fred.

using the thinnest of things doesnt mean they are comparable...that's like trying to compare movies of different genres and saying 'well, both movies have (insert something similar), so it works'.....zelda is more traditional rpg, while horizon is more action with rpg elements...which is what meA is gonna be, unless they take it back to me1 style....prime ex: god of war is gonna have rpg elements, but that doesnt mean it should be compared to real rpgs....

i wasnt making a judgement on zelda, havent played it yet....just saying that every zelda game that comes out gets called the best thing since sliced bread, no matter what....

you right, horizon isnt being called the greatest, and that's cool...it doesnt have to be to be a fun, enjoyable game...what's not cool is trying to find ways to compare it to other things just to knock it....like saying horizon is getting good praise, but since it's not zelda praise, that means it's not as good...that makes no sense....the same way it makes no sense to try to knock meA comparing it to horizon....that shyt is dumb to me....that was my point....

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

EZ hex, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

First of all?

This is first.....

Im not your fukkin son. :ufdup:

Thats first like 1

2. You need to accept some critisism on this game you been stanning for the last Decade now because youve been blinded

Combat, is wackamole status and need a better variety of enemy offense to enhance the gameplay experience.

The enemies largely just stand around behind cover or out in the open shooting and you run up and do whatever you want to them. Games like Dark Souls, Horizon, etc, have now dicated that enemies need to do a litle more offensively to keep combat from being stale. Lookng at this combat, i really see nothing new in terms of what enemies can do. Its like they work on making the heroes powers better but keep the enemies standard and dumb. Im looking forwared to exposing how basic this combat is on

Insanity,

Something i know you dont have the stomach for.
Okay so if this game isn't for you, get the fukk out :camby:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
the same way it makes no sense to try to knock meA comparing it to horizon....that shyt is dumb to me....that was my point....

Ok cool, but why not quote any number of posts prior to mine to make that point? Again, I didn't start the convo. I came in the thread, seen people comparing the two games, and said what I did. I commented because it was already a discussion. It's not like I randomly came in the thread comparing things.

Fred.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Okay so if this game isn't for you, get the fukk out :camby:
I'm a collector so I must play and buy all the games. I don't need to suck games off like you in order to have permission to speak in the game.

The gameplay is just acceptable enough to be worth a purchase mainly because the production values of the story and world show alot effort.

It's just unfortunate this same passion wasn t carried over to the enemy selection. You know the things I'll actually be fighting. The actual Gameplay?

Don't be emotional, that's a feminine trait so please stop repeating yourself like a hoodrat.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok cool, but why not quote any number of posts prior to mine to make that point? Again, I didn't start the convo. I came in the thread, seen people comparing the two games, and said what I did. I commented because it was already a discussion. It's not like I randomly came in the thread comparing things.

Fred.

i did do that...you werent the first i quoted about making the comparison of horizon and meA....i said my piece to those posts...

yours caught my eye cause you were the first i saw in here that brought up zelda comparing it to horizon, as a way to defend meA it seems.....

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I'm a collector so I must play and buy all the games. I don't need to suck games off like you in order to have permission to speak in the game.

The gameplay is just acceptable enough to be worth a purchase mainly because the production values of the story and world show alot effort.

It's just unfortunate this same passion wasn t carried over to the enemy selection. You know the things I'll actually be fighting. The actual Gameplay?

Don't be emotional, that's a feminine trait so please stop repeating yourself like a hoodrat.
I'm not saying the gameplay is going to rival the best action rpg games out there. It could end up just as you said. But I do think it's worth waiting to see how the 1-shot kill monsters that now inhabit planets will be before writing off the enemy variety. Particularly on a harder difficulty than what was shown in the demos.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
While I'm not saying the gameplay is going to rival the best action rpg games out there, I do think it's worth waiting to see how the 1-shot kill monsters that now inhabit planets will be before writing off the enemy variety. Particularly on a harder difficulty than what was shown in the demos.
This was a great opportunity for then to take this gameplay to the next level with epic aliens to battle. shyt like that tentacle monster in force unleashed. shyt like that as common enemies mixed in with the cover wackamole cannon fodder.

I've yet to see anything epic in terms of the enemies you'll be facing in the game. Not even a flash slide in a trailer. So we just doing the common take cover, flank and shoot in the face over and over it seems or flank get in close and melle it seems. It seems basic and I believe games like bloodborne and dark souls, monster hunter, etc should have inspired these clowns to step up their enemy sets. No patterns to learn, nothing takes pure skill. Just take cover and shoot sponge till dead. Shame.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
i did do that...you werent the first i quoted about making the comparison of horizon and meA....i said my piece to those posts...

yours caught my eye cause you were the first i saw in here that brought up zelda comparing it to horizon, as a way to defend meA it seems.....

:gucci:

What are you talking about, the Zelda thread is full of people comparing it to "Horizon".

Fred.